Arrested Development

Comments

• Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Netflix season is released 26th May.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    Did you watch it from episode one or start watching a few episodes in? I love the show but the one criticism that I would have is that it is hard enough for people to get into it if they haven't seen it from the very start. Nearly every episode makes reference to a continuing joke or situation from a previous episode so if you haven't seen the episode then you won't have a clue what the reference is about.

This is so true. I saw a few episodes years ago and didn't find it funny at all so spent the subsequent years thinking I didn't like it.

Started a full watch a few weeks ago and I now absolutely love AD. Haven't finished yet (I don't want it to be over so have slowed my pace :D ) but it is in my top 5 comedies, easily. The above quote is exactly right - the jokes are long threads running between episodes and even across seasons.

I think in terms of how the humour works AD reminds me of something like Curb Your Enthusiasm a bit, with each episode setting up several disparate plot threads peppered with seemingly throwaway lines which then all come together in the end in seamless hilarity :D

I love it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love Arrested Development and can't wait for the new season on Netflix.
    Just a quick question though - is it gonna be available on all Netflix areas or just Netflix US?
    *Got fingers crossed it's all Netflix areas!!*
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely love Arrested Development and can't wait for the new season on Netflix.
    Just a quick question though - is it gonna be available on all Netflix areas or just Netflix US?
    *Got fingers crossed it's all Netflix areas!!*

It'll be available on Netflix in the UK on the same date.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got my free trial ready to go with Netflix! Cant wait for this!
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for the new series, I recently rewatched all the previous ones in preparation.

I was dying my hair turquoise the other day but I didn't have gloves, this turned my hands blue. I couldn't help say "I just blue myself" :D. Unfortunately I was alone and even if I wasn't know one I know watch Arrested Development, despite how many times I've told them they should. :mad:
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Just started watching this a couple of weeks ago, I'm about to start season 3.
    Season 4 should be great. Not sure why i'd never watched it before though, I really love it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    absolutely most definitely my favourite comedy show of all time. so many great lines, scenes, and hell, just facial expressions that can make me chuckle like a **** over and over again.

gob and tobias in particular are such great characters but the whole cast is gold. i just pray to god the new season doesnt suck

*does the chicken dance*
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been to the banana stand, which is currently in Golden Square. Made my day! :)
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the show, and bought the DVDs, but I can't see why people rave about it as the 'best comedy ever'. I mean it's very good, original and witty, but there must be something in it I'm missing as I reckon there is still better stuff (and has been better stuff) out there.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    I really like the show, and bought the DVDs, but I can't see why people rave about it as the 'best comedy ever'. I mean it's very good, original and witty, but there must be something in it I'm missing as I reckon there is still better stuff (and has been better stuff) out there.

You can watch the episodes multiple times, and there is so much bits of information and jokes that you could miss. It's very cleverly written. And the cast are all great with no weak links.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    You can watch the episodes multiple times, and there is so much bits of information and jokes that you could miss. It's very cleverly written. And the cast are all great with no weak links.

Here's a guide to a lot of the running gags:

http://apps.npr.org/arrested-development/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to watch it years ago when it use to come on BBC one or two late at night. I remember enjoing it. And with season 4 soon starting i decised to watch all the seasons on netflix
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited for tomorrow. I personally think ad is the best show ever made.
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know what time the new episodes go live? I'm sure I read at 00:01 on 26th May in all regions, but I can't imagine they'd give it to us in the UK before the Americans get it...

Just trying to work out what time to get myself excited for. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    Do we know what time the new episodes go live? I'm sure I read at 00:01 on 26th May in all regions, but I can't imagine they'd give it to us in the UK before the Americans get it...

Just trying to work out what time to get myself excited for. :D

It's hitting Netflix at 3am Eastern time, which translates to about 8am tomorrow morning for us. I have my alarm set for the exact same time so it'll be the very first thing I do tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On episode 5 now. Really enjoying it.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Watching it now on ep 3 and it's still brilliant as ever.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still got it. Was afraid it might not live up to the hype
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just finished the 7th episode. Thought it started a bit slow, to be honest, with the exception of a couple of scenes in the opener. Maybe it was just getting used to the change in pacing/format. Really gets going by episode 5, though, as good as ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good God Steve Holt has aged!
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode 5 and laughed my head off. Tobias is brilliant!
  • OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Devastated! :( Tried to sign up to Netflix for the event of the year only to be denied as not in the UK at the moment. I'm torn - great birthday yest whilst on hols but this was going to be THE Celebration party night - scuppered by my own foolproof plan. COME ON!

I could eat a whole thing of candy beans now... OGB sad :cry:
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Up to ep 3 at the moment. The big question is what has Portia de Rossi done to her face? At first, I thought it was a different actress!