Options

Neighbour has died leaving old cat - advice please!

13»

Comments

• Options
    BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    Is there a cat problem you cant sort out Maisey??? You are a real life catwoman :D

Well done everyone involved.

I'd just like to agree with this.
    Well done Maisey, you are a star.

Older cats like Peppa can make fantastic pets for some people, it's just a shame that not everybody realises this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree I love oldies they have so much charcter in them
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big thumbs up Maisy for the good work you and Op have done.:)
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maisey Moo wrote: »
    I agree I love oldies they have so much charcter in them

Our greyhound girl is an oldie, she came to live with us in March and she will be 9 in October.

It looks like she is wearing silver eyeshadow where she has gone grey - just beautiful.

Its such a shame that most people want youngsters, whether it be cats or dogs.
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peppa is now with my friends grandma. Had something too eat now gone back too sleep

lovely :)

Are there going to be any pictures of Peppa in her new home? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure there might be one or two
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

I took Peppa to her new home today. She was an angel in the car - a minor bout of car sickness at the start of the journey but after that just a few quiet mews and no fuss whatsoever. It was a long car ride and I'm sure she's never been in a car in her life so I was very proud of how she handled it.

When I left she was still hiding in the corner but apparently she's been out now, is purring and has had something to eat so I think it's all going to work out very well.

In the last few days she's been eating much better and has started to put on a little bit of weight so I'm sure that now she's in a lovely home and is going to loved to bits she's going to improve massively.

A happy day :D
  • Options
    SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    So lovely to see a happy ending - well done Jess and Maisey :)
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seconded. That's lovely news. :)
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thirded....

Well done Jess, Maisey and Peppa's new Mum :)

We hear so many tales of harm coming to cats through ignorance or hate or just that they are disposable :mad: that it's good to hear of a wonderful, positive outcome.
  • Options
    MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member

I had no idea she was such a pretty cat! The opening post suggested she was thin and poorly looking. I'm so glad she's got a new lease of life. I love older cats and I still miss my lovely Tabitha who lived to nearly 16.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She been fed this week before going up a bit by Jess. I know she loves chicken too
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless her - still a pretty cat, but she does look old. I can see why Jess thought she was on her last legs.
    But these old kitties can soldier on for years - hopefully Peppa will now she's got a good carer.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got a brilliant new owner and her granddaughter too. She won't want for anything at all.
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww I'm glad you found her somewhere and so quick too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    I had no idea she was such a pretty cat! The opening post suggested she was thin and poorly looking. I'm so glad she's got a new lease of life. I love older cats and I still miss my lovely Tabitha who lived to nearly 16.

She was extremely poorly looking, listless and very unhappy. I think she had been neglected and underfed for quite a while. She is still vey thin at the rear but is steadily putting on weight and I'm sure she will fill right out.
    When her owner died and her home was inaccessible she was very distressed but those bad times are behind her :)

Yes, Maisey - she definitely loves chicken!!
  • Options
    wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so happy that Peppa will be loved. I'm sure she will be purring away contently very soon..

Well done to everyone who has saved this old lady.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a message from Peppa's new owner. She's completely settled and relaxed, goes in and out as she pleases and is eating well. A canny old cat who knows what's best for her! A happy ending all round.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Just had a message from Peppa's new owner. She's completely settled and relaxed, goes in and out as she pleases and is eating well. A canny old cat who knows what's best for her! A happy ending all round.

I appear to have something in my eye..... *blinks a lot* :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This must surely have been one of the most heartwarming threads on DS ever! Well done everyone, what a totally fantastic outcome! :)
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This must surely have been one of the most heartwarming threads on DS ever! Well done everyone, what a totally fantastic outcome! :)

i agree, just had to post to say the same thing :)
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done! I hope they'll be very happy together - I'm sure they will :)
  • Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, what a great thread and such a fantastic outcome. Well done to everyone concerned, you should be very proud of what you have done for this old girl , sounds like she has got herself into a top class retirement home.