Georgia May Foote leaving Corrie (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    I'd say that Eva would cover "2 fronts" on her own:D;-)

Yeah, Eva has enough front to become Blackpool's new sea-"front".

Pair of assets that could end up taking someone's eye out lol.

T'Rovers bar is covered on all sides (and fronts), and very comfortably, by Eva's assets lol.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    She has just tweeted she won't be leaving till the end of the year so it's a while yet.

End of the year, early 2015 - same thing

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a549938/coronation-streets-georgia-may-foote-signs-new-one-year-contract.html#~oCDlq0nLuZVE9e
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    She never could have been the new 'Tina' she doesnt have the personality or presence if anything she resembles early Maria and would be more like her
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think her recent interview about not wanting to be the new Michelle Keegan seemed a bit...I don't know, off.

E.g. ""Katy has changed in the past few months. I decided to change her because she was a bit of a wet mum."

I agreed with her comments but it just seemed a little bit out of place at the time. Hmmm. Still good luck to her, I like her and she's beautiful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owen will be pleased.

The loser barely has two ha'pennies to scratch his arse with, and toothy Katy keeps mithering him for glasses of wine.

Mind you, Anna still won't touch him, so he may not be that pleased.
  • jceltic1984jceltic1984 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Thank god
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not fussed about this, I wish she was taking her awful family with her especially Izzy Whizzy.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Owen will be pleased.

The loser barely has two ha'pennies to scratch his arse with, and toothy Katy keeps mithering him for glasses of wine.

Mind you, Anna still won't touch him, so he may not be that pleased.
    That's because she's tired. :)
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As fit as she was, Katy didn't really add much to the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    When somebody gets dropped from a soap,instead of the usual looking forward to new roles,had a great time,its time to move on etc,why don't they tell the truth and say I've been sacked and I'm not happy about it?
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very weird.

Something's going on behind the scenes...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very surprised at this much like others. Not because she's a brilliant actress but because she seemed to have a popular following with the younger lads for her good looks something Corrie seems to be selling itself out to exploit.

There are much more characters - Sean and that god awful Sophie to name two that I would love to see the back off before Katie.
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very surprised at this much like others. Not because she's a brilliant actress but because she seemed to have a popular following with the younger lads for her good looks something Corrie seems to be selling itself out to exploit.

There are much more characters - Sean and that god awful Sophie to name two that I would love to see the back off before Katie.

yeah loads more actors would come before Katie in my opinion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought SB wanted to keep bis sexy cast?!
    I hope she gets a decent exit unlike Stella and Brian
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because she's tired. :)

Is she?:o I didn't know that. Cheers, Belligerence, that explains a lot. ;-)
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Granted she won't be a big loss but there's a tonne of people I'd have let go before Katy. She's competent enough and has got enough connections to be at the thick of it, and there's also the obvious appeal without wanting to be shallow.

In retrospect actually with this Phelan story you'd think she would have been perfect for a murder storyline over Tina which has just completely reinvented the character.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I definitely think they are right to get rid of... But just Katy on her own!? Certainly not.
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Nooo, not Fit Katy :( I can count about 20 characters that need to go before her.

Squawking Sawphie and baby voiced irritant Fiz for a start. >:(
  • SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why SB why would you do this to me?! >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocked she has gone over others but it does seem there is more to it.

Next to go please.

Eva
    Michelle
    katys friend and her brother
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a source which claims Alya ( Kal's daughter) will work behind the bar of the Rovers?
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth Blackburn could keep the likes of Michelle, Sean and Fiz amongst names and axe Katy is honestly beyond me
  • kenikikeniki Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear she is going, Hope the rest of the family follow her. I find them miserable and depressing. Make way for a new more fun loving family please.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I wish Izzy was leaving over Katy.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    The producers of Coronation Street have only got a certain amount of money for paying actors.

Now Corrie has seven groups of characters.

Oldies (Ken, Rita & Emily).

Characters who could be parents of adult children (Gail, Sally & Kevin).

Characters who could be parents of Pre-Teens & Teenagers children (Tracey, Steve & Dev).

Characters who could be parents of very young children (Maria, Fiz & Tyrone).

Older Teenagers and young adults (Katy, Sophie & Steph).

Acting Children (Faye, Simon & Amy).

Very young (non-acting) children (Liam, Jack, Holly & Lily).

Most characters fit into these categories.

So if you look at Katy's group.

You have Chesney & Sinead, Sophie & Maddie, Steph & Luke (brother & sister) & Kal's Son and Daughter.

This probably means that there is not enough money for another main character in that group.

However they need to make sure that Katy is available for the future if any of the above leaves.