Options

The Voice UK 2015 - Blind Auditions 5 - 7 February - 7.15pm - BBC1

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    It's hard to believe she didn't have a shot at the X Factor last year. Wonder if that will come out.

Well to be fair, ITV did pay Adrian Chiles four million a year

So their judgement is a little suspect.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Given how popular this series has been so far it's no surprise another Series is coming :)

Exactly 😊
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Shane Richie auditioning?

I'm not turning my chair for him.

😳😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Too Lena Zavaroni.
    Yep, i thought that too. Wish I didnt though, makes me feel very old! :)
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed the first five minutes but I think I only knew one song, in thr entire show, Bad Moon Rising - and that was sung by a 70 year old.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Ricky so much! :)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that the scenes in her home in Cork where filmed after she got through. It tends to give the game away somewhat.
  • Options
    ruby-tuesdayruby-tuesday Posts: 8,470
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »
    I want to prove it isn't all about the tan and the hair....... While having the tan and the hair lol

exactly what I thought :o well, I liked the voices of Stephen and Vikesh so I'll add them to the others on my team: Emmanuel (still way out in front), Mac Brothers and Lucy

Will continues to fascinate me and I liked his comment about Tom having a well full of wisdom while the other coaches have only a couple of bucketful's .... very true .... I saw a clip of Tom singing "A Boy from Nowhere" and there was such passion in his performance unlike most of the acts on The Voice, imo, of course
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    exactly what I thought :o well, I liked the voices of Stephen and Vikesh so I'll add them to the others on my team: Emmanuel (still way out in front), Mac Brothers and Lucy

Will continues to fascinate me and I liked his comment about Tom having a well full of wisdom while the other coaches have only a couple of bucketful's .... very true .... I saw a clip of Tom singing "A Boy from Nowhere" and there was such passion in his performance unlike most of the acts on The Voice, imo, of course
    I didn't see the whole programme until last night. I don't remember Stephen (or the Mac Brothers or Lucy), but I agree with you an Vikesh and Emmanuel. For me, they are the standout singers so far.
  • Options
    DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Underwhelmed by this week's show. I'd also prefer to hear the singers than their families squealing or the audience whooping in the orchestrated manner that has now, alas, become the norm in this country. You have 90 seconds to hear them and about 40secs of that is the audience or the friends and family.
  • Options
    AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,877
    Forum Member
    Dalwhat wrote: »
    Underwhelmed by this week's show. I'd also prefer to hear the singers than their families squealing or the audience whooping in the orchestrated manner that has now, alas, become the norm in this country. You have 90 seconds to hear them and about 40secs of that is the audience or the friends and family.

I could not agree more. I am really not in the least interested in seeing the faces of the friends and family backstage, or moronic Emma shouting "Push the button, Tom" and acting as if she's been their best friend for years. The shots of the judges during the songs are hackneyed now too: hands hovering over buttons, one mouthing "You go" to another, or Rita singing along. Yawn! Let's just get the chance to see/hear the contestant.
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where all these progs recorded in one day as they always seem to be wearing the same clothes. If it was , it was some sort of very long day.

Love Rita
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Nah all the recordings are shot across 2 or 3 days and the judges just wear the same clothes and hair styles etc for continuity.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah all the recordings are shot across 2 or 3 days and the judges just wear the same clothes and hair styles etc for continuity.
    I can't find the link but I thought I'd read somewhere that they have eight blind audition sessions, recording two a day for four days? (This is then edited down to the seven shows that we actually see.)

That seems to make sense to me from a production perspective. It generally takes 2-3 times the actual broadcast length of a show that is recorded 'live' to actually film it, allowing for set-up time between performances, all the coaches' comments (which we only ever see a cut-down version of), filming the bits where we see the coaches walking off talking with their new team members and all that other stuff, much of which ends up on the cutting room floor.

I've been to a number of live recordings before but never The Voice. Anyone else who's actually been to a recording know anything different?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I can't find the link but I thought I'd read somewhere that they have eight blind audition sessions, recording two a day for four days? (This is then edited down to the seven shows that we actually see.

There were definitely eight blind audition sessions this year, with morning and afternoon/night ones on the day's - roughly 100 people made the blinds. Can't quite remember how many in each of those sessions though sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were definitely eight blind audition sessions this year, with morning and afternoon/night ones on the day's - roughly 100 people made the blinds. Can't quite remember how many in each of those sessions though sorry.
    Cheers.

In spoiler tags just in case, although I'm only revealing the number of auditions in this week's show ...
    Including this Saturday's penultimate episode, we will have seen 71 auditions in six shows (10 + 10 + 11 + 15 + 13 + 12) with just the final one to go, so I guess the final figure will be in the region of 85. I think I'm right in saying that they do show everyone who makes it on to the stage in the broadcasts, so whatever the count is on screen is the final number?

I've always wondered how they manage the numbers - do they have 'backup' contestants who they bring on if the coaches are being especially picky, or is it stage-managed so that the coaches know that there are only X number of contestants remaining in the pool so they have to select them?
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would suspect that that the Blind Audition pool is larger than the final tally.

As I mentioned in another thread, during the first season of the Voice US, they ran out of singers and gave a few the opportunity to re-audition (with a new song).

Since then, the pool has always been purposefully larger than they need. It's never been stated, but it seems that those who don't get an audition are allowed to jump the line for the next season ( The Voice US is on twice a year!)

In addition, on our version there are many unsuccessful auditions that are never shown on air. The UK ratio seems to be about 6 successful/4 unsuccessful per edited episode. In the US, it tends to be about 8/3.

Sadly, we also have what is called the "dreaded montage" where successful auditions are edited down to about 20 seconds and shown 3 or 4 at a time. It's never been clear how or why certain auditions are selected to be montaged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would suspect that that the Blind Audition pool is larger than the final tally.

As I mentioned in another thread, during the first season of the Voice US, they ran out of singers and gave a few the opportunity to re-audition (with a new song).

Since then, the pool has always been purposefully larger than they need. It's never been stated, but it seems that those who don't get an audition are allowed to jump the line for the next season ( The Voice US is on twice a year!)

In addition, on our version there are many unsuccessful auditions that are never shown on air. The UK ratio seems to be about 6 successful/4 unsuccessful per edited episode. In the US, it tends to be about 8/3.

Sadly, we also have what is called the "dreaded montage" where successful auditions are edited down to about 20 seconds and shown 3 or 4 at a time. It's never been clear how or why certain auditions are selected to be montaged.
    That's my question. I thought I'd read somewhere that if you made it and sang at a blind audition that you were guaranteed that your audition would be shown in an episode. I didn't think that there were unsuccessful blind auditions that weren't shown. Happy to have my memory proven wrong, but that's my recollection.