Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 257)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Day Chryedville :D
    It appears my street are preparing for a street part later on for the Jubilee. (I did not know about this. I've just come back from uni to my hometown so I'm completely out of the loop with everything).
    I'm still here :)

We do :( I'm liking the new positive Chryed thread on the MF :) I hope they do get married soon and that quite a big deal is made out of Syed's divorce when it comes through. Cos I think it'll be quite a bittersweet moment for him...kind of sad that he couldn't make it work with Amira but looking forward to the future with his big man :D

Ohhh a positive thread. :) BIB: This reminds of a fic that I think Alex wrote called 'The Question'. I would like it too, to be a bittersweet moment because even though they are extremely happy now, they did all go through a lot of heart ache to get there and the divorce does signify the finality of that part of their lives where they now have to move on from it. There will be nothing really hanging over them from the past (excluding yasmin).
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/ww/spotlight/1261/walford-web-catches-dominic-treadwell-collins

Awww, I'm just reading an old DTC interview that Ellie from Walford Web did. I love his response here....

You’ve been in the role of Story Producer for three years now. Can you choose a favourite storyline from that time? One you’re most proud of, perhaps?

If I had to single one out it would be the Christian/Syed storyline. With most storylines, a writer will pitch an idea at story conference that will span over several months or years and it’s the job of my team to make that story work week by week, episode by episode. So different storylines are ‘owned’ by different writers. I pitched the Christian/Syed storyline at conference and then locked myself away to plan its arc over a year or so. So it was very much my story from the start.

I really wanted to do a contemporary gay love story and Christian and Syed were the perfect characters to do that with – we could explore what it’s like to be a gay man in contemporary London whilst also looking at a man battling with his sexuality and religion.

We got such good ratings and responses to the New Year’s episodes. My grandmother, who is pretty old-fashioned, was quite upset after those episodes. I assumed that it was because she didn’t like all the shouting… But actually, she said that she just wanted Christian and Syed to be happy together. If this show can change the opinions of a seventy-something year old woman then that’s amazing. And also reach out to young gay men and women who watch the show – whether they’re Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, whatever – and show them that it’s okay to be gay and that other people are going through the same thing they’re going through.

I love that he was so passionate about Chryed and dedicated enough time to do the storyline justice. Really we owe as much to him as we do Marc and Johnny.

I just wish we currently had a storyliner who was even half as passionate and enthusiastic about Chryed as DTC was. :(

Awww thanks for posting this. I haven't read this before but it is lovely to here DTC views of the story. Like you said, we do owe him soooo much!
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Let's cross our fingers and toes that Lorraine Newman is better with Chryed than BK - whether intentionally because she likes them as characters or accidentally through the reduction of block storytelling and a need to bring back a proper community feel as Scott Maslen suggested.
    Yeah fingers crossed. Truth be told, I don't think we'll ever get anyone quite as passionate about Chryed as DTC was. After all, they were his baby. However, it would be good just to have someone who can see the potential with Chryed and see them as characters who are worthy of a decent story.
    awww I love DTC :) miss him :( he was so passionate and enthusiastic and had a great work ethic.
    Me too. :( He was a great story producer all round though. Reading that interview you could see that. I had to lol at him describing Kevins visit to the dugeness as not good for the show. :p It was downright awful if I remember. :o:p
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the interview with Meryl :) It's about her shop/clothes not EE but I'll type it up for anyone interested :) Just give me about 15 mins to type it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interview with Meryl :)
    Meryl, 29, plays straight talking Afia Masood in EE and is a graduate of Millennium performing arts school.
    How would you describe your style?
    Vintage through and through and quite character driven. Sometimes I want to be Inspector gadget, other days I'm in a granny, preppy or tomboy frame of mind.
    Which colours and shapes suit you best?
    I love bright colours, vintage prints and nipped in waists-it's all abbout the silhouette and fabric.
    Are you a dedicated follower of fashion?
    I wear what I like, for me individuality is key.
    What is your favourite fashion era?
    I don't have a favourite. I've got styles from every era which I mix and match to keep contemporary.
    Do you have a stylist?
    No, I don't need one. I have my own vintage boutique FOUNDeastlondon in Shoreditch. The stock is handpicked by me and everything costs under £35.
    What is your best feature?
    My hair. It's so easy to look after.
    Do you ever make your own clothes?
    I did a dress making course a few years ago and I'm in the process of designing my own clothing line for my shop. My granddad was a tailor and my mum has always been a creative dresser so fashion is in my blood.
    What is the most expensive thing in your wardrobe and what did it cost?
    A £60 pair of boots from Office. I do occasionally buy from the high street but ususally in the sale. All my vitnage clothes cost under £25.
    What is your buggest fashion 'no-no'?
    You'll never see me in a short super tight dress and platform heels-that's so not me-but also I'd never wear Afia's wardrobe. The printed leggings and neon trainers are extreme but I love them on her.
    What is your best beauty secret?
    E45 moisturising lotion.
    Who would you like to design your wedding dress?
    I'd probably buy a vintage dress.
    Do you clear out your wardrobe each season?
    I rarely throw anything away. If I don't want something anymore, it goes in my shop.
    What is your favourite high street store?
    American Apparel. The styles ase classic and simple.
    How many shoes and handbags do you own?
    About 30 of each.
    What is currently on your lush list?
    Sunglasses by Retro Super Future.
    What item of clothing your out save from a burning house?
    My mum's 60's crotchet dress and a 70's maxi floral deress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the interview Elphie. :D
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the Meryl interview Elphie :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Thanks for the interview Elphie. :D
    Thanks for the Meryl interview Elphie :)

You're welcome :) Designing her own clothes range sounds so cool :)
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Afternoon all :)

Thanks to Elphie for the Meryl interview and thanks to Katrina for the link to that old DTC interview.

Meryl sounds so interesting! :) And DTC, awww, he was so passionate about Chryed. What a great vision he had, I'll be forever grateful to him for creating them! :D

Interesting discussions regarding Yasmin, I personally really hope we continue to get scenes with her. Now she's here I accept it and I would like their role as Dad and Stepdad explored. For me, I'd then like a different storyline completely unrelated to children. From a money position, it would be unrealistic for them to adopt - I really don't see that happening now. Syed's going to have pay maintenance to Amira and Yasmin is a 20 year financial committment. I would doubt there would be money left to further expand the family. So, no more babies for me.

Laura, *waves* :) fostering is interesting but I agree with you Christian would get too attached. Glad you had a good time at Matilda. I didn't know Yasmin was in it on Tues, so pleased about that, and thanks for the info. I caved in and watched the preview clip and
    I'm so delighted to see Syed is in another community scene - thrilled about that. What are they all running for? :p

I think the best hope now is that they are involved in a family wide story with the rest of the Masood's and the arrival of AJ. :)

I'm watching the Thames Jubilee Pagent on the TV - have to say I'm finding it really good - I'm not that much of a royalist but I am enjoying watching it all! :D It's also making me want to go to London really badly! :p
  • Options
    KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon :)
    Interview with Meryl :)
    Meryl, 29, plays straight talking Afia Masood in EE and is a graduate of Millennium performing arts school.
    How would you describe your style?
    Vintage through and through and quite character driven. Sometimes I want to be Inspector gadget, other days I'm in a granny, preppy or tomboy frame of mind.
    Which colours and shapes suit you best?
    I love bright colours, vintage prints and nipped in waists-it's all abbout the silhouette and fabric.
    Are you a dedicated follower of fashion?
    I wear what I like, for me individuality is key.
    What is your favourite fashion era?
    I don't have a favourite. I've got styles from every era which I mix and match to keep contemporary.
    Do you have a stylist?
    No, I don't need one. I have my own vintage boutique FOUNDeastlondon in Shoreditch. The stock is handpicked by me and everything costs under £35.
    What is your best feature?
    My hair. It's so easy to look after.
    Do you ever make your own clothes?
    I did a dress making course a few years ago and I'm in the process of designing my own clothing line for my shop. My granddad was a tailor and my mum has always been a creative dresser so fashion is in my blood.
    What is the most expensive thing in your wardrobe and what did it cost?
    A £60 pair of boots from Office. I do occasionally buy from the high street but ususally in the sale. All my vitnage clothes cost under £25.
    What is your buggest fashion 'no-no'?
    You'll never see me in a short super tight dress and platform heels-that's so not me-but also I'd never wear Afia's wardrobe. The printed leggings and neon trainers are extreme but I love them on her.
    What is your best beauty secret?
    E45 moisturising lotion.
    Who would you like to design your wedding dress?
    I'd probably buy a vintage dress.
    Do you clear out your wardrobe each season?
    I rarely throw anything away. If I don't want something anymore, it goes in my shop.
    What is your favourite high street store?
    American Apparel. The styles ase classic and simple.
    How many shoes and handbags do you own?
    About 30 of each.
    What is currently on your lush list?
    Sunglasses by Retro Super Future.
    What item of clothing your out save from a burning house?
    My mum's 60's crotchet dress and a 70's maxi floral deress.

Thank you so much for typing this out! Reading this has made me want to visit her shop even more - love a bit of vintage clothing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey starfish :) You're welcome for the interview :)
    I would have much rather they had adopted an older child than Amira had been pregnant however now Yasmin exists she has to stay in their lives...but I'm hoping for Chryed to get a storyline unrelated to kids/babies!
    KBambi wrote: »
    Afternoon :)

Thank you so much for typing this out! Reading this has made me want to visit her shop even more - love a bit of vintage clothing :D

You're welcome :) I'd love to go to her shop...I love vintage clothing too :D
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off again for now. Won't be around much the next couple of days but definitely be on for Tuesday episode.

Take care and Love is Prevailing. xxx :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm off again for now. Won't be around much the next couple of days but definitely be on for Tuesday episode.

Take care and Love is Prevailing. xxx :)

Speak soon hun :) xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like Kat will return as the character she used to be - Jessie even admits Kat had become very downtrodden.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a385161/eastenders-jessie-wallace-kat-returns-fighting-fit.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Kat will return as the character she used to be - Jessie even admits Kat had become very downtrodden.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a385161/eastenders-jessie-wallace-kat-returns-fighting-fit.html

Thanks :) This is good news, really dislike what they did with Kat's character before, would be good for her to be more like the character I used to love back in the day!
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is good news for everyone :) although it looks like Kat's return storyline was still done under BK because his name is still in the end credits.

I've seen more of Derek than I can take now, so it's nice to see Kat and Alfie return to the spotlight. (still waiting for Chryed though)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks :) This is good news, really dislike what they did with Kat's character before, would be good for her to be more like the character I used to love back in the day!

It's made me look forward to her return, which I wasn't before!

Judging from the tweets between Rita and Shane the other day, telling each other to start flossing, I don't think the Roxy/Alfie is anywhere near over. Could be reading too much into it though, of course :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's made me look forward to her return, which I wasn't before!

Judging from the tweets between Rita and Shane the other day, telling each other to start flossing, I don't think the Roxy/Alfie is anywhere near over. Could be reading too much into it though, of course :p

LOL, didn't see those tweets!! I have a feeling it may go on for a while yet too....but I think Kat/Alfie are always going to be together, even if they split they'll get back together, so I hope Roxy doesn't get her heart broken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening :)

Thank you for the Meryl article Elphie. I love how creative and passionate she is. :)

I think Kat's character got to the stage where she needed a break to be honest. :o I just hope tptb don't fall back into the cycle of Kat and Alfie constantly breaking up and getting back together. I loved them back in the day, but i haven't really been able to connect with them since their return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Evening :)

Thank you for the Meryl article Elphie. I love how creative and passionate she is. :)

I think Kat's character got to the stage where she needed a break to be honest. :o I just hope tptb don't fall back into the cycle of Kat and Alfie constantly breaking up and getting back together. I loved them back in the day, but i haven't really been able to connect witht them since their return.

You're welcome :)

That's exactly how I feel about Kalfie too!
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The MF has spoilers for June from All About Soap and it looks like Masood's brother arrives in just a few weeks, which is earlier than I was expecting.
    TANYA PROPOSES TO MAX... BUT HE SAYS NO! (Tuesday 12 June 2012)

MAX'S SHOCKING CONFESSION TO TANYA (21 June 2012)

JAY & ABI: MARRIED & ON THE RUN! (Thurs 14 June 2012)

BEN'S FOUND OUT- THE TRUTH ABOUT HEV'S MURDER REVEALED!

JANINE COLLAPSES ON WEDDING DAY (20/21 JUNE 2012)

MASOOD'S BROTHER AJ AHMED ARRIVES- WHY IS ZAINAB NOT HAPPY TO SEE HIM?

JOEY BRANNING'S EXPLOSIVE ARRIVAL (21 JUNE 2012)

RICKY AND DIANE BUTCHER RETURN (20 JUNE 2012)

LUCY LOVES JOEY BRANNING :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

THE QUEEN VIC STARTS A FOOTIE TEAM

I think we're going to be waiting until July at least before Chryed have their next storyline, unless they're part of this storyline involving AJ.
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all! :)

Thanks for the DTC snippet Katrina - never seen that before :D Love his passion for the storyline :)

Thanks also for the Meryl interview Elphie :) I love that the most expensive thing in her wardrobe is £60 shoes :D Her style is awesome, would be great to visit her shop! And E45 lotion is amazing :cool:

Thanks, good news!
    towers wrote: »
    The MF has spoilers for June from All About Soap and it looks like Masood's brother arrives in just a few weeks, which is earlier than I was expecting.
    TANYA PROPOSES TO MAX... BUT HE SAYS NO! (Tuesday 12 June 2012)

MAX'S SHOCKING CONFESSION TO TANYA (21 June 2012)

JAY & ABI: MARRIED & ON THE RUN! (Thurs 14 June 2012)

BEN'S FOUND OUT- THE TRUTH ABOUT HEV'S MURDER REVEALED!

JANINE COLLAPSES ON WEDDING DAY (20/21 JUNE 2012)

MASOOD'S BROTHER AJ AHMED ARRIVES- WHY IS ZAINAB NOT HAPPY TO SEE HIM?

JOEY BRANNING'S EXPLOSIVE ARRIVAL (21 JUNE 2012)

RICKY AND DIANE BUTCHER RETURN (20 JUNE 2012)

LUCY LOVES JOEY BRANNING :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

THE QUEEN VIC STARTS A FOOTIE TEAM

I think we're going to be waiting until July at least before Chryed have their next storyline, unless they're part of this storyline involving AJ.

Thanks! Wonder when he's arriving exactly. I'm sure Chryed will be involved at some point, even just a scene where we get AJ's reaction to their relationship :) Also curious as to what they have planned for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *tickles thread* :sleep:
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*Giggles* :D

I've been off watching the Apprentice final :o:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm here! (sort of :o)

I've been watching Gary Barlow's doc about the single for the diamond jubilee on iplayer.
This discussion has been closed.