Options

anyone never been to a gig or concert?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Me, I'm a 25 yr old male and I'm totally normal and social, but gigs/concerts look so unappealing to me. I don't like listening to singers live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I've been to a few.

Kanye West
    Keisha Cole
    Pixie Lott
    Rihanna
    Kesha
    Alexis Jordin
    LMFAO
    Morrissey
    Rihanna Again
    Calvin Harris
    Madonna
    Lana Del Rey
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love going to gigs and go to quite a few, I'll happily go on my own if I don't know anyone who likes the band. I'd actually struggle to give it up. I'm actually annoyed right now as I've not got anything booked until October (although it promises to be an amazing October, Miles Kane, Babyshambles and Paul Weller in the space of 10 days!). I'm constantly keeping my eye out for new gigs being announced, I like to go to at least one a month.

Just love the whole experience, get there early, see the support acts, maybe discover something new and just listen to great music.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would hate to think of the number of gigs I've been to over the years, must be pushing 1000 by now.

i couldn't imagine not going to gigs or not listening to music.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a quiet year for gigs so far for me, but got half a dozen coming up between now and the end of the year.

I've lost count of how many gigs I've been too, but couldn't imagine not popping along to watch a band, even if it's just in a local pub.
  • Options
    manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been to many, just 4 in my life.
  • Options
    EmrysEmrys Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Been to more gigs than I can remember. I keep all the tickets in a nice box, it's quite a thick pile! First gig was RHCP at Manchester City Stadium. That was 9 years ago today actually!
    Will go standing if there's no other option / I have to opportunity to get there a few hours before and queue for the front. But being only 5ft 1 my sister and I much prefer sitting and actually watching the show instead of being pressed against peoples back all the time and not being able to hear much either.

We've given up inviting friends to gigs. Buying tickets / making sure we get paid back and organising the actual journey to the venue is more hassle than it's worth because we're the only ones who make the effort.

One friend had a habit of forgetting he had a ticket and then couldn't get time off work due to not planning, leaving us to sell his ticket on the day before. Another time, out of a group of 6, 2 dropped out the day before and we only found out by accident, and the other 2 didn't get there until it had started, and weren't allowed through the audience to take their seats till the support act had finished.
    So we don't bother with others any more. We just book and go ourselves! Going to see Robbie tomorrow night. No-one knows. And we still haven't told anyone we saw Take That 2 years ago and RHCP for a third time before that! Makes life a lot less stressful.
  • Options
    DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please dont list the concerts you have been to, people scroll past it anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Please dont list the concerts you have been to, people scroll past it anyway.

Au contraire - I've been quite interested to see the concerts people have been to!
  • Options
    mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    RosieBelle wrote: »
    Au contraire - I've been quite interested to see the concerts people have been to!

I ditched my senior prom and went to see Page & Plant instead.

I don't go to concerts anymore... but I can hear bands playing at a nearby coffeeshop from my backyard.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    two acts i've been to see in concerts:

westlife and 1D!! :D :cool:

now that is "unfeasibly weird";)
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emrys wrote: »
    Been to more gigs than I can remember. I keep all the tickets in a nice box, it's quite a thick pile! First gig was RHCP at Manchester City Stadium. That was 9 years ago today actually!
    Will go standing if there's no other option / I have to opportunity to get there a few hours before and queue for the front. But being only 5ft 1 my sister and I much prefer sitting and actually watching the show instead of being pressed against peoples back all the time and not being able to hear much either.

We've given up inviting friends to gigs. Buying tickets / making sure we get paid back and organising the actual journey to the venue is more hassle than it's worth because we're the only ones who make the effort.

One friend had a habit of forgetting he had a ticket and then couldn't get time off work due to not planning, leaving us to sell his ticket on the day before. Another time, out of a group of 6, 2 dropped out the day before and we only found out by accident, and the other 2 didn't get there until it had started, and weren't allowed through the audience to take their seats till the support act had finished.
    So we don't bother with others any more. We just book and go ourselves! Going to see Robbie tomorrow night. No-one knows. And we still haven't told anyone we saw Take That 2 years ago and RHCP for a third time before that! Makes life a lot less stressful.

i keep mine in a scrap book! Well books, actually, as I'm just about to start ther third one!! :D
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    i keep mine in a scrap book! Well books, actually, as I'm just about to start ther third one!! :D

How I wish I had done this, I especially wish I had kept the programmes from all the gigs I went to in the 70s.
  • Options
    CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first "gig" I ever went to was a PJ & Duncan concert, which I'm so embarrassed about now. I saw them live twice as a teen, both times at the Royal Albert Hall. I had a fantastic time at the time though so that's what matters. :D

I consider my first true concert experience to be Madonna's Confessions Tour in 2006 at Wembly arena though and I was in my twenties by then! I was so blown away by it all. Madonna ruined me for other concerts because nobody puts on a show like her. When you see Madonna live, it's an Experience. :D

Overall I have not been to that many gigs though, due to money and health reasons. My biggest regrets include missing out on Lana Del Rey's Paradise Tour and Rihanna's Loud tour. At least there are Youtube videos...