Daybreak

Comments

• jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura Tobins, boyfriend, im sure a while ago I don't no about now, but it was either Chris Hollins or Martin Lewis
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Should go back to TV AM with Ann and Nice and of course Roland Rat and children holidays have never been the same since Wackaday left our screens
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Daybreak - anagram 'Re Bad Yak'
    Should go back to TV AM with Ann and Nice and of course Roland Rat and children holidays have never been the same since Wackaday left our screens

That's fine with us, James. Anything, as long as Aled can be relieved, as support presenter / ratings improver, for more suitable duties.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Daybreak's problem are presenters. It is the show itself. How many main presenters and relief presenters have they tried now and ratings never go up. The show is the problem and it seems to be just targeted at mums( especially those who like reality tv and soaps) and teenagers
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want quick and easy background news Monday to Friday, on the weekend I'm with the BBC breakfast show. So Daybreak just about works for me, whilst I'm waiting for The Wright Stuff to start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Flicking through the tv times it seems there's no daybreak on Xmas eve or any other day that week! Just because its christmas news still happens. Gmtv always had a Xmas eve edition though to be fair would then sometimes take a break for a few days. But apart from that, im liking daybreak much more now than I did, it's so much more like the good old gmtv. I especially like Matt and Ranvir.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laura Tobins, boyfriend, im sure a while ago I don't no about now, but it was either Chris Hollins or Martin Lewis

Are you sure you're not thinking of Lara Lewington (Channel 5 weather)? Her and Martin married 2 or 3 years ago and had a baby very recently.
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    I don't think Daybreak's problem are presenters. It is the show itself. How many main presenters and relief presenters have they tried now and ratings never go up. The show is the problem and it seems to be just targeted at mums( especially those who like reality tv and soaps) and teenagers

Yes, Tobi and it would be best for Aled to be off it, back on Good Morning Sunday and returned as the main presenter on Songs of praise. See:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761305

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1761705

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1768994
    Forum Member
    Everybody seems more relaxed when Lorraine isn't on!

Wonder why ITV haven't woken up to this fact, Eathling.

Poor Aled, having to be her acolyte too.

Happy Christmas
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Daybreak trying to save money by turning the heating off.? All the 'guests' today are wearing their coats or heavy jackets!:D
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh No - Lorraine's back. Brown nosing as usual, patronising as usual, inane giggling as usual Pointless as usual.

Bring back Esther McVey - she was crap, but so much better than Lorraine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Oh No - Lorraine's back. Brown nosing as usual, patronising as usual, inane giggling as usual Pointless as usual.

Bring back Esther McVey - she was crap, but so much better than Lorraine.

Esther McVey? Nasty, right wing, Tory MP for Wirrel West and friend of the family who cannot be named???? No thanks!!
  • Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have nothing against Gay or Lesbian People, but why do they have so many many of them or people that appear to be gay or lesbian on so often, telling us about TV, Fashion etc.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have nothing against Gay or Lesbian People, but why do they have so many many of them or people that appear to be gay or lesbian on so often, telling us about TV, Fashion etc.

is TV and fashion somehow different for gays and lesbians ?
  • malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member

We can't help being more stylish. It just comes naturally. :p
  • Dixie Scott 106Dixie Scott 106 Posts: 11,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's not in right thread, but has itv axed the morning news at 5.30
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's not in right thread, but has itv axed the morning news at 5.30

It was announced last year and has now happened although I suspect very few people have noticed. Both BBC and Sky offer live news programmes between 5-6 am.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Did anyone see the interview this morning with Lance Armstrongs masseuse? Daybreak were crediting her with exposing him- when surely it wad Tyler Hamilton on "60 minutes" who did that
    She claimed to have tried to stop drugs in cycling and she said she had not seen drug taking- contradicting several other previous interviews she has given-
    http:// http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-woman-Emma-OReilly-blew-the-lid-on-Lance-Armstrongs-doping-174016911.html?mob-ua=Y
    found the whole interview very lame and amateurish - she came across as skittish and insincere-
    There is no doubting what he did was wrong - watch the cling ons hop on the bandwagon -
    That interview was probably the most unprofessional and inaccurate I have seen on Daybreak- that lady came across as fame hungry and her distancing herself from involvement was lame and a tad late
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    It was announced last year and has now happened although I suspect very few people have noticed. Both BBC and Sky offer live news programmes between 5-6 am.

Yep, just not aimed at the UK specifically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    Did anyone see the interview this morning with Lance Armstrongs masseuse? Daybreak were crediting her with exposing him- when surely it wad Tyler Hamilton on "60 minutes" who did that
    She claimed to have tried to stop drugs in cycling and she said she had not seen drug taking- contradicting several other previous interviews she has given-
    http:// http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-woman-Emma-OReilly-blew-the-lid-on-Lance-Armstrongs-doping-174016911.html?mob-ua=Y
    found the whole interview very lame and amateurish - she came across as skittish and insincere-
    There is no doubting what he did was wrong - watch the cling ons hop on the bandwagon -
    That interview was probably the most unprofessional and inaccurate I have seen on Daybreak- that lady came across as fame hungry and her distancing herself from involvement was lame and a tad late

David Walsh of the Sunday Times did a lot of work on exposing Armstrong as well, he was on BBC Breakfast this morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Daybreak is still pushing forward with radical new ideas. Kieth Chegwin is coming back!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What next - Roland Rat ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    What next - Roland Rat ?

It's only a matter of time. And Wincey Willis is having her hair done as we speak.:D
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they need to bring Ulrika back as the weather girl !! I haven't seen the show since it was rebranded (apart from the first couple of days). Im actually continually suprised that the show is still on.