Avicii f/ Robbie Williams - "The Days"

iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
Forum Member
✭✭
A preview of Avicii's potential first single from his upcoming album "Stories" featuring Robbie Williams.

https://soundcloud.com/soundofhouse123/avicii-the-days-320kbps-studio

Comments

• BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be interesting to see if Radio 1 & Capital playlist it, Capital prob would as they seem less ageist and more of what's popular in pop/dance music despite age (Kylie was play listed earlier in the year & Robbie was in Capital ads a while back, R1 though.....
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not very often I listen to a song and think - THIS HAS NUMBER ONE WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. But judging by that preview alone, I think this song will be huge.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Radio 1 are ageist. It's just in their remit to appeal to a young audience. David Guetta and Jay-Z get a lot of plays on Radio 1 because, despite being older than Robbie, they attract a young audience. Whereas Robbie is probably better suited to the Radio 2 audience nowadays.

But being an Avicii song this will obviously be different. It sounds like a big hit to me.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully it's not more of the faux-country thing, that won't last long
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if Radio 1 & Capital playlist it, Capital prob would as they seem less ageist and more of what's popular in pop/dance music despite age (Kylie was play listed earlier in the year & Robbie was in Capital ads a while back, R1 though.....

Radio 1 did playlist that Dizzee Rascal track that featured Robbie Williams last year, so I would think they will playlist this if it did become a single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this!

Big fan of Avicii!
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like the page has been taken down
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't grab me at all. Pretty bland.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »

Radio 1 would definitely playlist this if it became a single I think. They love Avicii, and I don't think they'd refuse to play the song because of the vocalist. Capital would have to too since Avicii works for them I believe.

Radio 1 haven't completely blacklisted Robbie. I'm sure they played Candy a few times even though they didn't playlist it. But I don't think they're going to put one of his adult contemporary songs in high rotation anymore.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Amazed that Island are releasing this without Robbie being credited! i.e its being released as Avicii and not Avicii Ft Robbie Williams, it could quite easily be Robbie's first US hit and return him to success in some other markets he hasn't had a hit in for a while.

I know many will google it to find out who the singer is, but this seems like a big missed opportunity to get his name known.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the worst set of lyrics I've heard sang In a song in a long time . .
    Watching the video doesn't help either because it highlights each line . .
    Embarrassingly bad . .
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Amazed that Island are releasing this without Robbie being credited! i.e its being released as Avicii and not Avicii Ft Robbie Williams, it could quite easily be Robbie's first US hit and return him to success in some other markets he hasn't had a hit in for a while.

I know many will google it to find out who the singer is, but this seems like a big missed opportunity to get his name known.

All his songs that feature someone are like this.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    A lot of people seem to think this is the song Brandon Flowers wrote for Avicii when he turned down a guest appearance on his next album and so Robbie is the replacement. Certainly sounds like something Brandon wrote.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    All his songs that feature someone are like this.

maybe so, but this is the first single release where he's had a famous singer isn't it?