Options

Masterchef::The Professionals (Part 2)

1404142434446»

Comments

• Options
    marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't imagine Masterchef without MRJ and Monica (it would not be the same without both) - I just quite simply would not watch. Greg Wallace has no hope if MPW would be given the top job!

BBC obviously haven't a clue about their audiences for these programmes.
  • Options
    rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted MRJ is leaving this show. It certainly will not be the same without him.

He is a natural presenter, with great passion and skill, sense of humour and screen presence. As another poster said, an all-round very attractive man.

Boo to the BBC. >:(
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,091
    Forum Member
    parthena wrote: »
    He's done very well for himself and I don't begrudge him his prosperity, but not swoonworthy.

We have the same taste, ILW - I love W too, and miss him!

Ah a like-minded soul :) W should be back this year, I'm looking forward to it!
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is terrible news. This most recent series was one of my favourites because it was mainly Michel and Monica and I thought they made a brilliant presenting team.

I will really miss MRJ because he was a fantastic mentor and judge, i honestly cant imagine any replacement combining the authority, grace, compassion and knowledge he has displayed.

I think it is pretty disastrous for the series.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    That's a damn shame. Liked him a lot.

It's not as if you see him opening a packet of potatoes in his kitchen.

Reminds me of when the BBC ditched Carol Vorderman from Tomorrow's World because she did Ariel ads apparently despite there not being any clause in her contract preventing her doing them.

Hope Monica doesn't go too as a result. It's dead in the water if that happens.

Wasn't it because Carol Vorderman put on a phoney scientific act in the advert, wearing a white coat. It was a bit too close to her doing the the advert as the presenter of a science programme and not just as a celebrity.
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRJs fault in my opinion but it will probably be bad for the series. Personally I don't think I'll be watching any Masterchef with Greg Wallace in it anyway.

Time for a complete change to save the day.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    That is terrible news. This most recent series was one of my favourites because it was mainly Michel and Monica and I thought they made a brilliant presenting team.

I will really miss MRJ because he was a fantastic mentor and judge, i honestly cant imagine any replacement combining the authority, grace, compassion and knowledge he has displayed.

I've only seen one series of this, the last one, but I thought it was brilliant, primarily because of the presence of Michel and Monica. I seriously doubt I'll watch a new series with a new presenter now Michel has left.
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same for me - love the Michel/Monica relationship and encouragement/enthusiasm. It will be interesting to see who they bring in but will difficult to match.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoweyowl wrote: »
    MRJs fault in my opinion but it will probably be bad for the series. Personally I don't think I'll be watching any Masterchef with Greg Wallace in it anyway.

Time for a complete change to save the day.

Reading a more detailed account just now and does seem as if he is at fault and the BBC offered compromises to him but he was too stubborn to agree to them.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC always get rid of people who advertise products on ITV, even though the are always advertising things themselves with placements in many BBC programmes. He and Monica were the best part of Masterchef - although the article I read said he was only leaving Masterchef the Professionals. He's going to be on Channel 4 doing a programme about chocolate and he also does a prog on another commercial channel (can't remember which one) where he and his family find a top professional chef to be a Roux scholar. In fact some of the Masterchef the Professional contestants have been on it.
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Hallelujah ...been waiting for this to happen and hopefully he takes his bug eyed overacting sidekick with him. They're the reason I stopped watching this show...can't stand Roux and his sidekick and Greg can go too AFAIC as he's just useless anyway.

In fact the Masterchef series also could do with replacing both Torode and Wallace.
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well folks this is where I sadly depart the Masterchef fold. I've watched it for years and enjoyed it immensely but this latest piece of news is the final straw for me. Michel and Monica were the only reasons I stuck with the show but that's it now.
    We still have the marvellous Gregg to admire and feast our eyes on:o

I agree, the show won't be the same without MRJ. Why couldn't it have been Gregg???
    He'll be a huge loss. It's so nice to see a professional chef on TV who's polite, friendly and focussed on the contestants and not his own ego. I really hope they don't replace him with some larger than life character who's all gimmicks and modern twists but doesn't have any of Michel's fundamental knowlege.
    marianna01 wrote: »
    I just can't imagine Masterchef without MRJ and Monica (it would not be the same without both) - I just quite simply would not watch. Greg Wallace has no hope if MPW would be given the top job!

BBC obviously haven't a clue about their audiences for these programmes.
    rachelgata wrote: »
    Gutted MRJ is leaving this show. It certainly will not be the same without him.

He is a natural presenter, with great passion and skill, sense of humour and screen presence. As another poster said, an all-round very attractive man.

Boo to the BBC. >:(

I've only seen one series of this, the last one, but I thought it was brilliant, primarily because of the presence of Michel and Monica. I seriously doubt I'll watch a new series with a new presenter now Michel has left.

I won't watch it either once MRJ has gone. The BBC have shot themselves in the foot as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends who they get to replace him, and if BBC finally get big enough balls to ditch Wallace from both MasterChef formats. He kills any enjoyment I have for either show, though the abysmal format of amateur MasterChef does that for me too. Actually, the format on pro MasterChef is bad too, after seeing the Australian one.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new series with Marcus Wareing and Monica starts on Tuesday 4th November on BBC 2.
  • Options
    macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus Wareing? I knew it! I even think I said so on another thread!
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have loved to have seen Tom Kerridge or Angela Hartnett.

Can't say I'm a fan of Marcus. But I'll give it a watch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    How long before he makes one of them cry with his over the top behaviour
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    How long before he makes one of them cry with his over the top behaviour

As long as no one serve him a sandy beach fish dish they should be fine. Actually Marcus seems to have dialled his OTT behaviour back quite a bit.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see. They brought him in when they'd weeded out the weakest so he expected excellent food from them. This time he'll be tasting the less able ones too.

I wonder if he'll be doing the "classics" or his own recipes.