Options

Would you prefer a TARDIS or 13 lives?

Comments

• Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    TARDIS, I must say. I could travel anywhere and anywhen. Imagine having a tea party with your future and younger selves. I would do that. I would have to get into all sorts of temporal, wibbly wobbly shenanigans. I could meet my parents when they were young! Help build my house! Help make Doctor who, in the 1960's! Actually, I would go back and save the lost episodes. No. Even greater. I would take the best special effects team in the world now and take them back to then and get them to do the effects on the lost episodes. No one would ever know I had changed them!

I would, of course, rewrite Who history to suit the now. I.E references to events, correct timelines (Stopping them from landing on a moonbase in 2010, lets say).

I would have the interior like DT's and the exterior like that too.

But then, with a TARDIS, you could get a Sonic Screwdriver! You could rule the world with just the Sonic!

I'm sorry, Add, but - in your case - I must regretfully withdraw the offer. The havoc you'd wreak on established history would be enormous!
    And then of course. Slap on the Chameleon Arc and I'm a timelord. I get the 13 lives anyway! :D Yeah!

That's cheating. :D Nowadays, all Chameleon Arches are removed before delivery. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    I'm sorry, Add, but - in your case - I must regretfully withdraw the offer. The havoc you'd wreak on established history would be enormous!

That's cheating. :D Nowadays, all Chameleon Arches are removed before delivery. ;)

Curses, foiled again. But, I suppose if its for the good of the universe....

GIMME THAT TARDIS!!! :D
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Help make Doctor who, in the 1960's!

I don't think Dad needed the extra help when designing DIoE or the Space Museum - unless you had a large wad of money - the budget for a series of Doctor Who would not stretch to more than a couple of minutes of the current series.

As for the wobbly sets which people go on about - they did n't. Verity Lambert was a stickler for quality and would not have stood for it. As it was the studio sets had Scaffolding behind them to make them sturdier.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would opt for the Tardis as it feels like I've already regenerated at least 4 times in my life. I think I'm going through the Tom Baker phase of my life. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused::cool:hm tardis really as its like my handbag , bigger on the inside ax
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Def a Tardis but would you have it like a Police Box or something else ? Personaly I would keep the Police Box it's cool.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have the TARDIS please:)

Then I'd travel forward to a time where genetic engineering would allow me to extend my lifespan.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go with the 13 lives. While a Tardis would be amazing, and I do want one, it would be great to have the chance to see and do everything the world has to offer. I'd see the future- I'd get there just by living. And with all that time I could make a fair impact on human advances. I do want space travel, but I could make sure it happened. Make money in very long term investments, fund first Mars colony (preferably not near water) :)

I'd rather live through many interesting periods in (future) history and contribute to them than spend my few decades of a human life briefly nipping in to see something/meet someone then leaving again. And there's more than enough to spend every day somewhere different for a single human lifespan, and I'd have trouble resisting the temptation to do exactly that. But you wouldn't make many friends that way- I'd rather have lots of friends/family- even if it means the pain of losing lots of people too.

Life is too short. I don't know about living forever, but I'd certainly love to live for many centuries.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I would take the TARDIS. I would never have to buy a house or a car. Think of all the money i'd save. And i can't even begin to list all the stuff i could do with a time machine.
    Plus, the 10th doctor kept banging on about how he couldn't get close to anyone cause they'd eventually die or have to go away. That would be rubbish. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hate to be predictable, but got to be the TARDIS for me too :) all of time and space... I don't even know where I'd go first, but I'd definitely get a posse together for the trip! I'd also have tens interior, but I think I'd fix the chameleon circuit and see if I couldn't get it to look like a portaloo, just because I have a very juvenile sense of humour :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not committed to either, yet, as I wanted to see what everyone else said but it's nice not to see someone grabbing the first TARDIS that lands near them. :)
    Another argument against the tardis: the doctor knows where to go and how to use it - I don't have a clue! I'd end up drifting through empty time and space till I died!
    I'd go with the 13 lives. While a Tardis would be amazing, and I do want one, it would be great to have the chance to see and do everything the world has to offer. I'd see the future- I'd get there just by living. And with all that time I could make a fair impact on human advances. I do want space travel, but I could make sure it happened. Make money in very long term investments, fund first Mars colony (preferably not near water) :)

I'd rather live through many interesting periods in (future) history and contribute to them than spend my few decades of a human life briefly nipping in to see something/meet someone then leaving again. And there's more than enough to spend every day somewhere different for a single human lifespan, and I'd have trouble resisting the temptation to do exactly that. But you wouldn't make many friends that way- I'd rather have lots of friends/family- even if it means the pain of losing lots of people too.

Life is too short. I don't know about living forever, but I'd certainly love to live for many centuries.
    Definitely concur with this point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tardis!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    I'd have the TARDIS please:)

Then I'd travel forward to a time where genetic engineering would allow me to extend my lifespan.:cool:

I assume they'd give you a medical examination of some sort - what if they found anomalies in your biological make-up? The nurse wonders why you have traces of chemicals which haven't been in use for 200 years and you're whisked off to a secret lab for dissection. :eek:

Very insightful and I agree with you. I think the temptation of all of time and space would be too great - I'd end up gorging myself rather than savouring anything.
    Another argument against the tardis: the doctor knows where to go and how to use it - I don't have a clue! I'd end up drifting through empty time and space till I died!

A manual comes with your new TARDIS but I do include a "quick start guide" if you're in a rush to get started.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Def a Tardis but would you have it like a Police Box or something else ? Personaly I would keep the Police Box it's cool.

I'd want the chameleon circuit reactivated so that it could blend in with the surroundings. The 6th Doctor got his working again and it was hilarious, turning into an organ at one point.
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if the Doc has indeed got 13 lives?

I'm sure on the SJA episode he did that he said he had 500+ lives to one of the kids :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd want the chameleon circuit reactivated so that it could blend in with the surroundings.

I was thinking more that you'd get a fully-functioning, new TARDIS rather than the Doctor's. So, your chameleon circuit is in fine shape. :)
    allen_who wrote: »
    Wonder if the Doc has indeed got 13 lives?

I'm sure on the SJA episode he did that he said he had 500+ lives to one of the kids :confused:

He said "507" to Clyde.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TARDIS, no contest. So many times I've wished I had a time machine when I've done something stupid.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I was thinking more that you'd get a fully-functioning, new TARDIS rather than the Doctor's. So, your chameleon circuit is in fine shape. :)

Woohoo :)
    silly Doctor breaking it and being stuck with a police box all the time. lol

Would have to be careful where you landed though. Land in a forest and your Tardis disguises itself as a tree, then when you come back to find it........uh-oh! :confused::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    It would be Tardis as I could travel into future and past and also I can use it as transport.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    It would have to be a Tardis!
    OK you only live once - but imagine all the places and 'times' that you could travel to. (More than real-life!)
    I would also choose to have William Hartnell's "ship" as it looked to have more rooms and was quite 'homely'. (settees, food machine, antique furniture, bedrooms etc)
    I'd make sure that it had a 'Direction Stabiliser' though!!
    I want to land where I want to go!
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    A TARDIS would be a wonderful way to escape... but, if you left tonight, would you ever come back? Would you tell your family where you'd gone or just vanish?

Well they'd never know, I'd be back before I left....

I'd take the Tardis and go and see the future...see how it all works out.

Deliberately the future, I don't want to head to the past, accidentally sit on a fly and end up changing the course of human history and all that time altering stuff.
    I'm sure I'd get myself into a hilarious farce and come back to see Lizards ruling the Earth with Robot Soldiers and have no idea how to put it right!
  • Options
    crusher19860138crusher19860138 Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tardis as long as i can spend the rest of my life with Freema Agyeman in it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Tardis! :D:D:D
  • Options
    doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,022
    Forum Member
    " Sometimes I think a Timelord lives too long ", I'd pick a Tardis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Tardis.

Then I would search the future for technology to make me live longer.