Complete Series 7 boxset question

Comments

• nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I hope the widow and the wardrobe is included. It contains important information invaluable to future scholars trying, Archbishop Ussher style, to resolve the Amy and Rory dating controversy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's Mystic Meg when you need her?
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    every dr who episode bar none since its comeback in 2005 has been released twice 1st as a vanilla release then in complete season/specials boxset.the complete boxset will have the 13 episodes and 2 christmas specials in it.the big question is when will it be released?i predict a season 7 part 2 release shortly after season 7 finishes being transmitted then a complete boxset round about nov 2013 to tie in with the anniversary/christmas market.long wait for it guys and gals though!

bar the 2 animated David Tennant episodes, they were released individually and not in a box set.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's very likely it will be included based on previous years. Just because this year has an extra episode does not mean they'll omit an earlier one. It wouldn't be the 'complete' set without TDTWATW.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakey the 2 animated Tennant episodes were aimed at a different target audience than what the live action episodes are and do not belong on the complete series DVDs. Just because the BBC decided to spread season 7 over 2 years rather than 13 weeks and had another Christmas special inbetween does not mean tdtwatw should be missed off the complete season 7 DVD boxset. in fact it would be a very strange omission. You would have the box sets of the 7 seasons and the specials but with one episode missing.it would just not be right.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nyder and I have unfinished business. We need release details :p
  • nydernyder Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange isn't it? Several months further down the line and we still don't know the answer to this.

Maybe the BBC read the exchange of views between CD93 and myself and are deliberately withholding the information just to wind us up. ;)
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like what someone has chosen for their username. 'Nyder'. :cool: I think he must like Genesis of the Daleks from Tom's Dr's era a lot, and chose Nyder as there was a character with that name. :D
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i predict a season 7 part 2 release shortly after season 7 finishes being transmitted

The BBC have already said when the Series 7 Part 2 DVD will be released. If you look on the BBC Shop website, then you'll see it.

http://www.bbcshop.com/matt-smith/doctor-who-series-7-part-2-dvd-with-free-exclusive-art-cards/invt/bbcdvd3802/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    The BBC have already said when the Series 7 Part 2 DVD will be released. If you look on the BBC Shop website, then you'll see it.

http://www.bbcshop.com/matt-smith/doctor-who-series-7-part-2-dvd-with-free-exclusive-art-cards/invt/bbcdvd3802/

To be fair, they posted that in December. Turned out to be a good guess.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I wonder when the complete boxset will be released then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    I like what someone has chosen for their username. 'Nyder'. :cool: I think he must like Genesis of the Daleks from Tom's Dr's era a lot, and chose Nyder as there was a character with that name. :D

Actually It was more to do with being an admirer of Peter Miles. Absolutely fantastic actor. He knew exactly how to play madmen/villains beautifully, without the need to ham it up pantomime style (as a lot of actor were guilty of later on in the classic series). He's also an outstanding musician as well. A truly talented man. I would have been grateful to have had half of his talent.

I could have equally have called myself Dr Lawrence, arguably his best performance in Doctor Who.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Dr Jake Young' just posted this on the "2013 Classic Series DVD Releases" thread.

MAJOR NEWS CONCERNING THE COMPLETE 7TH SERIES BOX SET!!!

Emailed BBC worldwide last week asking about when it will be up for pre order and weather it will include the doctor who widow and the wardrobe, and they had this to say:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have copied in BBC Shop who will be able to advise when you can pre-order.

Series 7 won’t include The Doctor, The Window and the Wardrobe as that was the 2011 Christmas Special. It will include 2012 Christmas Special, The Snowmen.

Regards

DVD Enquiry Line

Oh dear..... CD93 won't be happy. I will refrain from saying 'I told you so'. oops, sorry. :o
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I don't like the 2011 Xmas special but if that's true, it's a bit of an odd decision.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Makes sense I suppose...it's the last one produced by Moff's old guard and still has the feel of the first two seasons of his, and outside of The Doc revealing he's alive to the Ponds, isnt all that essential to the developing arcs of the current season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will want to up the sales of it as a seperate disc? But that sounds like an absurd decision entirely!

ell will wait and see, if this is true i may need to buy it as well as the box set of coruse....i take it the set will be released in the summer.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyder wrote: »
    'Dr Jake Young' just posted this on the "2013 Classic Series DVD Releases" thread.

MAJOR NEWS CONCERNING THE COMPLETE 7TH SERIES BOX SET!!!

Emailed BBC worldwide last week asking about when it will be up for pre order and weather it will include the doctor who widow and the wardrobe, and they had this to say:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have copied in BBC Shop who will be able to advise when you can pre-order.

Series 7 won’t include The Doctor, The Window and the Wardrobe as that was the 2011 Christmas Special. It will include 2012 Christmas Special, The Snowmen.

Regards

DVD Enquiry Line

Oh dear..... CD93 won't be happy. I will refrain from saying 'I told you so'. oops, sorry. :o

Well that was disappointing. Now I'm going to have to buy the DVD separately :mad:
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I think that's a very poor decision...not to include TDTWatW. Even as someone who never really liked DW Confidential, it's absence in Series 7 was surely all the more reason to put as much else into the complete box set which will likely still retail for the same price. An extra episode would justify that.

More to the point, it felt like a part of Series 7, it works as part of Series 7, why can't it be included when all the other Christmas Specials have found their place in the 'complete' boxes. It now means having to fork out extra for an episode that for most, wasn't considered very good. :(

I regard the episode as joint-least favourite ever. I may actually have to question whether or not I pay out for this. I mean, I'm a completionist and it isn't too expensive (subjectively - for a single episode, it's a bloody rip-off!) but on principle, I may just not bother... :o
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I still have it on my sky planner so I'm in no rush
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think there is a possibility that it actually won't happen and is just the part 1 and part 2 this time? The cardboard slip for the part 1 & 2 box set and including the xmas special (I know they kind of had to this time).

But what the hell is left to put in a box set?
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm never gonna buy it standalone!! The worst episode Moffat's ever delivered (and that's saying something!!) Silly decision.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The DVD enquiry line have a history of saying odd and wrong things, they were completely right when they revealed to me the contents of the regeneration box and so i trust them on this information, but remember there is always a slight chance that it's possible they were wrong and it will include TDTWATW. So take it with a pinch of salt for now and wait till BBC worldwide officially announce the contents of the box sets. I am 95% sure though that it wont include the special which is a shame because there is also no confidential this year :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jakey the 2 animated Tennant episodes were aimed at a different target audience than what the live action episodes are and do not belong on the complete series DVDs. Just because the BBC decided to spread season 7 over 2 years rather than 13 weeks and had another Christmas special inbetween does not mean tdtwatw should be missed off the complete season 7 DVD boxset. in fact it would be a very strange omission. You would have the box sets of the 7 seasons and the specials but with one episode missing.it would just not be right.

Ah, i see:D
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    So the cover has been officially released (seen on Amazon). It confirms the absence of TDTWATW from the set. Awful decision!

More interestingly it lists Series 7B as episodes 6-13, finally confirming that The Snowmen is officially outside of the episode count. This appeases my OCD at least... didn't want Series 1-6 having 13 episodes and this one having 14.

With all of this in mind it's quite possible to skip over TDTWATW altogether without condequence. There's no actual need for it at all as its events haven't been referenced since. It's my least favourite episode of Who ever and now its the most Pointless too - complete with Alexander Armstrong ;):D
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    So the cover has been officially released (seen on Amazon). It confirms the absence of TDTWATW from the set. Awful decision!

More interestingly it lists Series 7B as episodes 6-13, finally confirming that The Snowmen is officially outside of the episode count. This appeases my OCD at least... didn't want Series 1-6 having 13 episodes and this one having 14.

With all of this in mind it's quite possible to skip over TDTWATW altogether without condequence. There's no actual need for it at all as its events haven't been referenced since. It's my least favourite episode of Who ever and now its the most Pointless too - complete with Alexander Armstrong ;):D

Just for clarification: I guess you must mean Series 7 Part 2. The full series 7 (i.e. parts 1 and 2 together in one box set) is not listed at the moment on amazon.co.uk. Can't even set a notification for when it does become available yet, let alone pre-order.