iphone 5S or HTC One?

Comments

• sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine lasts 5 days. But I don't use it for internet much. Just calls/ texts and gaming. Others on the iOS 7 thread commented that their batteries are lasting a lot longer now since the new iOS update.

i find that hard to believe :rolleyes:
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HTC One is cheaper then the Iphone 5s as said but I got put of HTC after having the HTC Desire S for 17 months but been told HTC seem to have sorted out there signal problems that some of there older HTC phones had.

Darren
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine lasts 5 days. But I don't use it for internet much. Just calls/ texts and gaming. Others on the iOS 7 thread commented that their batteries are lasting a lot longer now since the new iOS update.

Well I xharged my nexus 4 April when I bought it and I haven't needed to charge it since.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have recently moved from the iPhone 4S to the HTC One. No regrets at all, it's a fantastic phone.

HTC even provide an sync application which can copy a lot of the data from an iPhone backup onto the device (text messages, calendar events, contacts, photos, safari bookmarks, etc).
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »

Indeed. Not a chance of that happening unless they never ever touch it at all and even at that its a long shot!
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the S3 will last 7 days if you have Bluetooth/WIFI turned off and don't really use it at all as did not charge my work one for 24 hours and it was showing as down to 85%.

Like other people have said with usual use you are lucky to get 2 days out of any smartphone.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »

Why would I lie about something like that? Do you want me to post a photo everyday to show you. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would I lie about something like that? Do you want me to post a photo everyday to show you. :rolleyes:

I've noticed an improvement in battery life since updating to 7.0.3, but by that I mean it'll comfortably get me through the day.

Surely if it lasts five days, you must hardly use it. I'd be interested in your usage/standby times when your battery is almost depleted. You can see them in Settings > General > Usage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed an improvement in battery life since updating to 7.0.3, but by that I mean it'll comfortably get me through the day.

Surely if it lasts five days, you must hardly use it. I'd be interested in your usage/standby times when your battery is almost depleted. You can see them in Settings > General > Usage.

I charged it overnight on Friday and there's 94% remaining on the battery today. It says 49 minutes usage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I charged it overnight on Friday and there's 94% remaining on the battery today. It says 49 minutes usage.

Ah, okay. So you'd probably be classed as a very light user then. Which is perfectly fine, though I guess atypical of your average smartphone user.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, okay. So you'd probably be classed as a very light user then. Which is perfectly fine, though I guess atypical of your average smartphone user.

Possibly. As I said I don't use it for internet use. I just check the weather and play The Chase game (too much) :D

The battery life on my 5s is still a lot better than the 5. The 5 would be down to about 60% by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I can confirm that the htc one battery life is also very good.Probably 50% better than my iphone 5.Not too sure how the new iphone is but it has a smaller battery(smaller screen to power though).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    neil402003 wrote: »
    I can confirm that the htc one battery life is also very good.Probably 50% better than my iphone 5.Not too sure how the new iphone is but it has a smaller battery(smaller screen to power though).

The 5s battery is 10% bigger than the 5. A 1570mAh battery compared to a 1440mAh battery on the 5.
    Forum Member
    The 5s battery is 10% bigger than the 5. A 1570mAh battery compared to a 1440mAh battery on the 5.

Ah but the HTC one battery is much bigger than the 5S!

Battery specs are as follows:-

Iphone 5S:-

Stand-by Up to 250 h (2G) / Up to 250 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 10 h (2G) / Up to 10 h (3G)
    Music play Up to 40 h

HTC One:-

Stand-by Up to 500 h (2G) / Up to 480 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 27 h (2G) / Up to 18 h (3G)

If battery is important, the HTC is the way to go. It's also imo the better looking phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Ah but the HTC one battery is much bigger than the 5S!

Battery specs are as follows:-

Iphone 5S:-

Stand-by Up to 250 h (2G) / Up to 250 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 10 h (2G) / Up to 10 h (3G)
    Music play Up to 40 h

HTC One:-

Stand-by Up to 500 h (2G) / Up to 480 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 27 h (2G) / Up to 18 h (3G)

If battery is important, the HTC is the way to go. It's also imo the better looking phone.

There are several videos on YT which show in tests the battery on the HTC One isn't that different to the 5s. Maybe it's due to the larger screen size requiring more power. And I suppose the look of both phones is down to personal preference.
    Forum Member
    There are several videos on YT which show in tests the battery on the HTC One isn't that different to the 5s. Maybe it's due to the larger screen size requiring more power. And I suppose the look of both phones is down to personal preference.

The larger screen does indeed suck more power but i mean the standby time etc is far better than the iphone 5S. Talk time etc is much better as well on the HTC One.

The looks, yes, it is down to preference. Hence why i said imo! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The larger screen does indeed suck more power but i mean the standby time etc is far better than the iphone 5S. Talk time etc is much better as well on the HTC One.

The looks, yes, it is down to preference. Hence why i said imo! :)

Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one. :)
    Forum Member
    Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one. :)

Absolutely.

However the better battery life isnt an opinion. Its fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely.

Not from what I've seen on YT videos.
    Forum Member
    Not from what I've seen on YT videos.

Ok, where are these videos that show in real time battery usage then between the 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, where are these videos that show in real time battery usage then between the 2?

YouTube. 5s vs HTC One.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Absolutely.

Not a fact in my opinion. I have both phones and when I do real world things with them, particularly anything to do with navigation, the HTC drains much quicker. I inadvertently flatten my HTC several times a week, I have never once inadvertently flattened my 5 or 5S in a year. I put it down to android's multitasking being less intelligent. If I don't kill an app on Android that's using GPS and leave the phone overnight I guarantee it will be flat in the morning, not so with IOS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Not a fact in my opinion. I have both phones and when I do real world things with them, particularly anything to do with navigation, the HTC drains much quicker. I inadvertently flatten my HTC several times a week, I have never once inadvertently flattened my 5 or 5S in a year. I put it down to android's multitasking being less intelligent. If I don't kill an app on Android that's using GPS and leave the phone overnight I guarantee it will be flat in the morning, not so with IOS.

That's what the testers said on YouTube. The new A7 processor chip on the 5s handles multitasking and other things much better which makes the battery last longer than the HTC One.
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »

I have never had that issue on any Android phone i have had. When you come out of any app that uses gps etc is stop the gps completely whether its shut down properly or not.

My N4 does not flatten when using navigation nor does it flatten if i leave GPS on which ive just looked at and its on and has been for over a month since thats the last time i used it!! I cant see this only happening with the HTC One either...

Ive also never seen a phone being inadvertently flattened at all.

I do find it strange that you apparently have a phone you seem to slag off constantly....:confused:
    Forum Member
    That's what the testers said on YouTube. The new A7 processor chip on the 5s handles multitasking and other things much better which makes the battery last longer than the HTC One.

Yet the standby and talk time ratings of the HTC One are almost double that of the iphone 5S.....

I watched that video you mentioned and saw nothing of what you said apart from the battery under heavy use was about the same.