Shut up Robbie and shut up now (Part 4)

Comments

• Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I visit this thread because I'm interested in today's music scene. There aren't many big stars left in the business, and RW is one of the few still around. I praise him too, the other night I was saying what a great song Angels was.

I have a laugh with John and Angus, but none of it's meant in a vicious way IMO. The title of the thread 'Shut Up Robbie' tells you this isn't a fan's thread - but I've found that everyone on here likes some aspect of Robbie's career - be it live shows, or music.
    I wouldn't stick around here if the posters were 'haters'.

I liked his curtains. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I visit this thread because I'm interested in today's music scene. There aren't many big stars left in the business, and RW is one of the few still around. I praise him too, the other night I was saying what a great song Angels was.

I have a laugh with John and Angus, but none of it's meant in a vicious way IMO. The title of the thread 'Shut Up Robbie' tells you this isn't a fan's thread - but I've found that everyone on here likes some aspect of Robbie's career - be it live shows, or music.

Exactly! :cool: :)

As I have often said on this thread, I DO think RW is talented. However, I also get sick of his ubiqutous PR machine creating non-stories with no substance whatsoever- stories which are very rarely, if ever, questioned by people who consider themselves to be 'true' fans. ;)

I do NOT hate Robbie Williams the person. How can I? I've never met the bloke. But I do thoroughly dislike his tortured public image which I think is more of a PR creation than true to his actual personality.

But it seems that the 'true fans' consider it wrong to think like this. :rolleyes:

RW could nuke Stoke on Trent and still his 'true fans' would still excuse his actions. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    boredtoday wrote: »
    and many of us have been fans at some point in his career and seen him in concert.

I think a lot of the discussion on here has been about why maybe he's not as popular anymore (yeh yeh I know he fills stadiums in Europe and Oz etc) and why people that used to like him no longer do.

Robbie could probably learn a thing or too from reading this thread.

The fact there is no news doesn't help. When that happens we do sometimes talk about trivial things. Never me and you though BT.

*Miss Moo sticks her nose up in the air* :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    The fact there is no news doesn't help. When that happens we do sometimes talk about trivial things. Never me and you though BT.

*Miss Moo sticks her nose up in the air* :D

im here for the serious debating, dont know about you
    Forum Member
    im here for the serious debating, dont know about you

I know you are here for the mass debating as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked his curtains. :D

shame he probably doesnt like yours tho :D
    Forum Member
    shame he probably doesnt like yours tho :D

What my lounge ones?

Did you see them on google earth? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What my lounge ones?

Did you see them on google earth? :confused:

no on Friday night when you were out and your OH invited me round

Oops said too much already
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your comments are very commendable Sir M.
    Always the peace maker, you are. :)

I fully agree that we are not Robbie haters here on SURASUN, and do in fact all like at least his music.

I like the fact that we can come here and discuss the things we see as problems for RW and not be censored for it.

It's sad that some people find this thread offensive, as there have also been many positive things said about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,868
    Forum Member
    Mike Reid has died.

He might have been bigger in the US than Robbie because of Eastenders on BBC America.

RIP :(
    Forum Member
    no on Friday night when you were out and your OH invited me round

Oops said too much already

Is that why he wanted me so much saturday morning? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that why he wanted me so much saturday morning? :confused:

i warmed him up.....
    Forum Member
    Mike Reid has died.

He might have been bigger in the US than Robbie because of Eastenders on BBC America.

RIP :(

'Pat, Pat, what have you done to me Pat'

Frank Butcher would have called Robbie a pilchard and given him a dry slap by now!
    Forum Member
    i warmed him up.....

Of course!

*Miss Moo shakes her head in a pitying way*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course!

*Miss Moo shakes her head in a pitying way*

not my fault he couldnt keep up and I had to leave early
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Pat, Pat, what have you done to me Pat'

Frank Butcher would have called Robbie a pilchard and given him a dry slap by now!

remember Robbie in Eastenders...
    Forum Member
    remember Robbie in Eastenders...

I know you do! ;)
    Forum Member
    not my fault he couldnt keep up and I had to leave early

What time did you leave?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you do! ;)

what's with the ;)
    Forum Member
    what's with the ;)

I read about you and him on Popbitch. :eek:

And about you and Robbie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read about you and him on Popbitch. :eek:

And about you and Robbie.

sshhh I told you not to tell anyone
  • Si's GalSi's Gal Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I know I am a bit late on this subject, but I have been away for the day....and I wanted to have my say too. Obviously :D (and in a totally non-hormonal way!!!!! :eek: :p )

I came here initially to defend Robbie's honour, and I was quite hysterical about it. I think I was one of only a couple of fans on here at the time and I was constantly fighting for Robbie. There were lots of rows, and lots of name calling. Xfusion used to make me cry :cry: . Then Angus took me under his wing and uttered four words which have stuck with me to this day - and back then, he wasn't referring to anybody currently on here - those memorable four words weren't "Get your knickers off", as one might reasonably expect from our beloved Angus :D, but something far more profound - "Don't Feed The Trolls".

And then suddenly something magical happened - we all started to see the other people's points of view. We might not have agreed, but we at least respected those different opinions. Xfusion and I kissed and made up (with no tongues) and peace and tranquility (kind of) reigned, because we all knew where we were coming from. And lo, we even started to agree on some views that had been diametrically opposite to our own. We did this by sensible and mature debate, because we discovered that we were all grown ups with minds of our own.

So that's the answer to why I, a staunch but strictly non ovine Robbie fan, have been a member of and (hopefully occasionally valuable) contributor to this thread for the best part of a year now, despite its name, which would suggest that I should have steered well clear. Because people were prepared to listen to what I had to say in a respectful manner, whether or not they agreed with me. And because I am open to suggestion. As opposed to completely suggestible, which is an entirely different thing.

I think the real question should not be "What is a Robbie fan doing on a Robbie bashing thread?" but "Why have so many Robbie fans been banned from Robbie fansites" :confused:

But that, like the "Why Is Robbie In LA?" question, will, I fear, remain forever unanswered.

Here endeth the lesson.
    Forum Member
    Si's Gal wrote: »
    Sorry, I know I am a bit late on this subject, but I have been away for the day....and I wanted to have my say too. Obviously :D (and in a totally non-hormonal way!!!!! :eek: :p )

I came here initially to defend Robbie's honour, and I was quite hysterical about it. I think I was one of only a couple of fans on here at the time and I was constantly fighting for Robbie. There were lots of rows, and lots of name calling. Xfusion used to make me cry :cry: . Then Angus took me under his wing and uttered four words which have stuck with me to this day - and back then, he wasn't referring to anybody currently on here - those magical four words were "Don't Feed The Trolls".

And then suddenly something magical happened - we all started to see the other people's points of view. We might not have agreed, but we at least respected those different opinions. Xfusion and I kissed and made up (with no tongues) and peace and tranquility (kind of) reigned, because we all knew where we were coming from. And lo, we even started to agree on some views that had been diametrically opposite to our own. We did this by sensible and mature debate, because we discovered that we were all grown ups with minds of our own.

So that's the answer to why I, a staunch but strictly non ovine Robbie fan, have been a member of and (hopefully occasionally valuable) contributor to this thread for the best part of a year now, despite its name, which would suggest that I should have steered well clear. Because people were prepared to listen to what I had to say in a respectful manner, whether or not they agreed with me. And because I am open to suggestion. As opposed to completely suggestible, which is an entirely different thing.

I think the real question should not be "What is a Robbie fan doing on a Robbie bashing thread?" but "Why have so many Robbie fans been banned from Robbie fansites" :confused:

But that, like the "Why Is Robbie In LA?" question, will, I fear, remain forever unanswered.

Here endeth the lesson.
    That was beautiful :cry::cry::cry:
  • Si's GalSi's Gal Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was beautiful :cry::cry::cry:

I've edited it about four times since you read it...shall I pass you another tissue??? :cry::):D
    Forum Member
    Si's Gal wrote: »
    I've edited it about four times since you read it...shall I pass you another tissue??? :cry::):D
    Just give me the box :cry::cry::cry:
This discussion has been closed.