Chris Fountain has taken up DJing!

soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
Forum Member
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/ex-coronation-street-actor-chris-fountain-6532551

I didn't see that coming! But good luck to him!

I do think the reason he got sacked from Corrie was really blown out of proportion, having said that Corrie couldn't handle anymore scandals!

Comments

• BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soapmania wrote: »
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/ex-coronation-street-actor-chris-fountain-6532551

I didn't see that coming! But good luck to him!

I do think the reason he got sacked from Corrie was really blown out of proportion, having said that Corrie couldn't handle anymore scandals!

Yes, yet ITV allowed Melanie Sykes her TV show despite the domestic abuse incident.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Yes, yet ITV allowed Melanie Sykes her TV show despite the domestic abuse incident.

Yep. And who it was who made awful comments about rape victims, and still continued to work on Corrie.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's been DJ'ing for some time, so maybe he's decided to make a proper go of it. Good luck to him. Nice to see some of his former cast mates out in support.

I expect The Sun's version of the story will be something like "'Rape Rapper' Chris Fountain appeared at a Manchester nightclub last night. Chelsea, 18, said "it's wrong innit? e' said sum nasty fings about wimmin so e' shuld be banned".
  • IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    It is a shame about Chris Fountain and Corrie. I have always liked him since HO, not a bad actor and really quite handsome.
    I think this foolish incident happened at the wrong time and the producers took fright and over reacted.

Hope he does get back on the screen again sometime. :)
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What he did was stupid but he didn't deserve the sack. I think they were trying to get rid of him as Tina is leaving.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IRITALIA wrote: »
    I think this foolish incident happened at the wrong time and the producers took fright and over reacted.

Yep, this. His rapping was vile but considering the video was around a year or more old when it was leaked in the press, ITV's reaction was rather ridiculous.

Hope he can put the incident behind him and grow from it.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to him, I'm another one who thinks there was a total over reaction.
    His girlfriend was at college with my son and he met Chris a few times he said he was really nice and down to Earth.
    I saw him supporting his girlfriend when she appeared in a show a couple of years ago and he looked and sounded normal as he stood in the crowds waiting to go in and come out of the theatre.
    There were no airs and graces or do you know who I am rubbish.going on
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, bless dear old Chris eh and his delightful rap about 'raping a bitch'. But hey, it was just a jape and he was just acting in character. I'm sure if he'd been rapping about 'killing ni**ers' or 'beheading muslims', the reactions would have been the same. Seems that dear old misogyny is alive and well. Who cares about a rap about raping women eh?

Saddening.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, bless dear old Chris eh and his delightful rap about 'raping a bitch'. But hey, it was just a jape and he was just acting in character. I'm sure if he'd been rapping about 'killing ni**ers' or 'beheading muslims', the reactions would have been the same. Seems that dear old misogyny is alive and well. Who cares about a rap about raping women eh?

Saddening.

I don't see one person condoning what he did. I myself said it was vile. If the video had been made when the press had found out about it, I would have been all for his sacking. But it was made at least a year before it was leaked to the media and it just seemed like a witch-hunt the way everyone went after him like that because of Savile etc. I just found something about the way he was targeted underhand, is all.