Dinner Date (Part 2)

1656667686971»

Comments

• Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    For all DD fans ... It's back! On the new channel Itvbe Freeview 26 starting tonight. There's a zeleb version with Joe Swash gawd help us but 'normal' ones as well. Thought this had been cancelled so good news. Different voice over woman too :)

Nothing's listed in my on screen Virgin TV guide, (channel 119), what time's this? All they're listing is a launch show 7-9pm with Peter Andre & Jamelia (NO thanks!!!) and then the expected TOWIE garbage and something that looks equally as rank called 'Ladies of London'. :confused:
    Glad its back. Glad its a different voiceover woman. Not so glad Joe Swash is on.

Might give this one a miss but will watch the "normal" ones

Me too, I don't want to see a 'celeb' one, I'm not even sure who Joe Swash is actually. Ex TOWIE maybe?
    The normal one's used to be great sometimes, I hope they haven't tweaked it too much aside from ditching that dreadful voice over woman, which would be very welcome!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Nothing's listed in my on screen Virgin TV guide, (channel 119), what time's this? All they're listing is a launch show 7-9pm with Peter Andre & Jamelia (NO thanks!!!) and then the expected TOWIE garbage and something that looks equally as rank called 'Ladies of London'. :confused:

Its on at 11.30pm tonight. In fact the whole line up on this new channel looks crap!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Its on at 11.30pm tonight. In fact the whole line up on this new channel looks crap!

It strikes me as a channel with the target demographic of 'chav'.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The joe Swash - ex Eastenders - was part of the intro show and is repeated later. The first normal one is tomorrow at 8. Caught a bit and VoiceOver woman sounds like Philomena Clunk from Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe. And if you haven't seen that you really won't have a clue what I'm banging on about!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »

It just seems a worse version of ITV2!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    The joe Swash - ex Eastenders - was part of the intro show and is repeated later. The first normal one is tomorrow at 8. Caught a bit and VoiceOver woman sounds like Philomena Clunk from Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe. And if you haven't seen that you really won't have a clue what I'm banging on about!

Lol, yes she does. :D Mmm, just turned onto ITVbe and 3 minutes was enough of this one.:o Much as I disliied Charlotte whatever her name was, this new one's grating rather quickly. I'll give tomorrow at 8pm a try though.
    It just seems a worse version of ITV2!

Yes, agreed.

Yes, again agreed! :o:D
    plymgary wrote: »

Yet again agreed but Dinner Date is potentially better than that and didn't previously deserve to be included in that demographic. But, judging by what I've seen tonight it looked like they're going to severely dumb it down it terms of producing alleged 'entertainment' and probably ruin it. :(>:( Shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yet again agreed but Dinner Date is potentially better than that and didn't previously deserve to be included in that demographic. But, judging by what I've seen tonight it looked like they're going to severely dumb it down it terms of producing alleged 'entertainment' and probably ruin it. :(>:( Shame.

That would be a shame because I really liked Dinner Date. I'm sick of them dumbing everything down on TV. Wonder if they're going to fill it with "coming up" segments that tell you everything that's going to happen in the program before you've even watched it? Grrr. >:(
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The normal one's used to be great sometimes, I hope they haven't tweaked it too much aside from ditching that dreadful voice over woman, which would be very welcome!

Didn't watch the zeleb version last night as I too don't know who he is and have no interest in Z list people.

Agree with the comments on the previous voice over. She tried, and failed, to be Dave Lamb.
  • Dan 54Dan 54 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe Swash was nowhere near as bad as I thought he would be,worth watching for the last girls cooking skills.....
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch tonight's Dinner Date, to see how much they've ruined it.
    Joe Swash, is there anything he won't appear on? he has one of the most grating voices on TV, and there are lots to choose from on that score.
    As someone already said, this is going to be Chav Channel.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie Casey is brilliant on this as the new voiceover, love her dry wit
  • janceejancee Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jancee wrote: »
    It's the terrible script as much as the delivery of it.

'I give David two stars' 'That's two stars for David' YES I KNOW. >:(

This programme [along with Don't Tell the Bride and Coach Trip] is crying out for Dave Lamb-stylee commentary. Bring it.

Sorry to quote myself but the only thing that's changed in the new version of this show is they've obviously asked for a more upbeat tone of voice. There's still the same dire 'puns' ...'Steve is a doctor. Will he set her PULSE racing tonight?' 'Sarah likes mushrooms. But will there be MUSH-ROOM in her life for Daniel?'

Oof, there goes another rib.

Change the flaming SCRIPT! >:(
  • cambs1965cambs1965 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry to resurrect an old thread but did anyone see last night's new episode on ITVBE? He hadn't ever eaten egg, mashed potato, beans and was maybe a little gay?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 24/08/17 - 08:09 #1765
    cambs1965 wrote: »
    sorry to resurrect an old thread but did anyone see last night's new episode on ITVBE? He hadn't ever eaten egg, mashed potato, beans and was maybe a little gay?

I think a little's putting it mildly. ;) His mannerisms, his speech, the head tossing, the walk, the talk. Pretty much everything about him raised eyebrows (and his looked plucked/shaped to within an inch of their life), in this household. But, presumably he's just a somewhat camp acting/looking straight man and that's how he naturally is, which of course is fine. :) As for the egg, mashed potatoes and French beans bit, that was just all eye rollingly bizarre quite frankly. :o

Although the narrator's script seems to be essentially the same as its been from the start I personally much prefer the current voice over person to the dreadful original one (Charlotte 'someone' I think) and find her far funnier. Maybe its the accent.

I do wish they'd feature older contestants like they used too though. These days it just seems to be an endless parade or 'twenty something' reality TV wannabe's. Last night's bloke very much included!
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He also believed rhinos lay eggs. The phrase "What did you just see, Lisa?" springs to mind...
  • SalcySalcy Posts: 4,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think a little's putting it mildly. ;) His mannerisms, his speech, the head tossing, the walk, the talk. Pretty much everything about him raised eyebrows (and his looked plucked/shaped to within an inch of their life), in this household. But, presumably he's just a somewhat camp acting/looking straight man and that's how he naturally is, which of course is fine. :) As for the egg, mashed potatoes and French beans bit, that was just all eye rollingly bizarre quite frankly. :o

Although the narrator's script seems to be essentially the same as its been from the start I personally much prefer the current voice over person to the dreadful original one (Charlotte 'someone' I think) and find her far funnier. Maybe its the accent.

I do wish they'd feature older contestants like they used too though. These days it just seems to be an endless parade or 'twenty something' reality TV wannabe's. Last night's bloke very much included!

I was going to say the same thing! He is either in complete and utter denial or he's just on it for a laugh. I suppose no one could actually say to him 'have you ever considered you might be barking up the wrong tree in your search for a mate?'
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 24/08/17 - 23:38 #1768
    These days it just seems to be an endless parade or 'twenty something' reality TV wannabe's.

True. I have spotted a few former Dinner Date participants on other Reality TV shows.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the terrible script as much as the delivery of it.

'I give David two stars' 'That's two stars for David' YES I KNOW. >:(

This programme [along with Don't Tell the Bride and Coach Trip] is crying out for Dave Lamb-stylee commentary. Bring it.

Sorry to quote myself but the only thing that's changed in the new version of this show is they've obviously asked for a more upbeat tone of voice. There's still the same dire 'puns' ...'Steve is a doctor. Will he set her PULSE racing tonight?' 'Sarah likes mushrooms. But will there be MUSH-ROOM in her life for Daniel?'

Oof, there goes another rib.

Change the flaming SCRIPT! >:(

OMG I can just hear that being said now... Talk about cheese with a side helping of cheese......