Options

Conflicted

2»

Comments

• Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »
    I think you can judge behaviour without judging the person. For me Chris has been seen to do and say the right thing far more often than he has been seen to do and say the wrong thing. No one is perfect and I don't particularly like the way he has been treating the new HMs but I can see the reasons behind that in terms of paranoia and for me it doesn't detract from the fact that he is basically a decent human being who on the whole is thoughtful and caring and does the right thing.

If you were to put him in a line with the other HMs from least to most in terms of being a decent human being and doing the right thing then for me he would be nearer the most than the least which for me is good enough.

As for the whole Ashleigh thing -major over reaction imho and if Ashleigh doesn't feel creeped out then why should we? I think he might be one of those people who takes ages to bond and make friendships but once he is there then you pretty much have him for life - in sickness and in health so to speak. Its not such a bad thing iimho.

All this leads me to resolving that Chris is human, he sometimes does and says things that I don't like and that I don't agree with and that disappoint me. However basically he is a decent chap with his heart in the right place. :)

Exactly this:)

I would add that I have read a lot of posts that say just watching him or looking at him on their screen creeps them out.

These people should ask themselves if they were creeped out even before he opened his mouth on the first night, simply because he doesn't fit their physical appearance preferences.

And then they should ask themselves if the way someone looks is reason enough to find them creepy?

Ash has done bugger all apart from hide behind Helen, but he's a laid back bloke really, his **** talk in the first weeks all but forgotten. He's a looker though eh?

Winston has made sexist remarks among other things, but he's a diamond geezer with a winning smile, even though he was publically cruel to Pav...but apples n pears, luv a duck he's gonna win.

Pav has lovely puppy dog eyes which he stares at everyone with, but it's their fault they feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »

I would add that I have read a lot of posts that say just watching him or looking at him on their screen creeps them out.

These people should ask themselves if they were creeped out even before he opened his mouth on the first night, simply because he doesn't fit their physical appearance preferences.

And then they should ask themselves if the way someone looks is reason enough to find them creepy?

Ash has done bugger all apart from hide behind Helen, but he's a laid back bloke really, his **** talk in the first weeks all but forgotten. He's a looker though eh?

Winston has made sexist remarks among other things, but he's a diamond geezer with a winning smile, even though he was publically cruel to Pav...but apples n pears, luv a duck he's gonna win.

Pav has lovely puppy dog eyes which he stares at everyone with, but it's their fault they feel uncomfortable.

Most critical posts don't even mention his looks! What utter nonsense. It is all he has said and done (and often failed to say and do) that has prompted justifiable negative comment.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kewpee wrote: »

you make some excellent points with regards to the way people look and how that somehow detracts from some of the awful things that they do. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cazziekay wrote: »
    Yep totally agree. I liked his DR moments too but then the blubbing over Helen plus last nights show with him saying ...'Sometimes I just sit and look at Helen and think oh I really love Helen' or some shite like that. Throw Pav and Ashleigh strangeness into the mix and he went right down in my estimations.

Just laughed out loud again. Well said.