Options

Is It Really A Coincidence That High Profile BBC "Stars" Keep On Getting Over Marked?

StykerStyker Posts: 49,893
Forum Member
I don't think it is. The latest person being way overmarked and overrated is Jake Wood and I have lost count of how many other "high profile" BBC people have been overated/overmarked and given an easy ride by the judges.

It should never have been allowed in the first palce and its gone on long enough and now it must stop and treat BBC people the same as non BBC people.

Comments

• Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    That's another one off the bingo card...
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your theory collapses when you consider that the bottom 4 are all "BBC people."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

They can't over rate people who are just not that good but the ones who are average at best to start off with keep on getting 7 plus and Jake Wood got nine's?!!! PLEASE!

His hips could have cracked cocanuts?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

Steady now, don't go bringing facts into a DS SCD conspiracy theory. Imagine if common sense prevailed! :o
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erm, yes, 18/40 for BBC Masterchefs Gregg Wallace is really a high score :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    erm, yes, 18/40 for BBC Masterchefs Gregg Wallace is really a high score :confused::confused::confused:

And first to be booted off. Theory gone.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This topic comes up most years in one form or another.

As an "observation" BBC stars seem to do well in Strictly and they like at least one of them to stay in as long as possible.
    It's good PR for them, innit?

It could be suggested that the BBC pack both the contestants and the audience, with "their people".......... Well, it is their show.

Someone will have the figures, to prove it one way or another..
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the grassy knoll. With the electronic golf scorecard
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should restrict the show to BBC people. I was shocked that they showed ITV studios in the trailer.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no point in the BBC promoting their celebrities when it only means the celebs jump ship and sign bigger contracts on other channels.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davegold wrote: »
    There's no point in the BBC promoting their celebrities when it only means the celebs jump ship and sign bigger contracts on other channels.

They should have tied them down with compensation if they left. Just like paying for somebody's MBA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    And first to be booted off. Theory gone.

I could look up the long list of BBC people that get overrated about but I don't need to with this one.....Susanna Reid!

They were wowing about her from the off even when she done that cartwheel that went so cringeworthingly wrong and I think it was the jive which was so safe and not very good imo where again, they well overrated her and well over raved about that one too, so no, no theory gone at all. Do you lot defending this work for SCD or the BBC or something?
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Susanna Reid's jive scored 28, hardly a high score. Susanna only topped the score board once. Deborah is a BBC person and was voted off 4th when at least 8 non BBC contestants were still standing.

I'm no fan of the scoring, some of the scores on Saturday were difficult to understand to my untrained eye but I don't believe there is any BBC bias.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Susanna Reid's jive scored 28, hardly a high score. Susanna only topped the score board once. Deborah is a BBC person and was voted off 4th when at least 8 non BBC contestants were still standing.

I'm no fan of the scoring, some of the scores on Saturday were difficult to understand to my untrained eye but I don't believe there is any BBC bias.

Which is an average of 7. All I remember is no matter howaverage or not very good her dances were imo, the judges looked wowed and wowed her virtually every time if not every week. I like her so I didn't slate her at the time but its just so getting silly with Jake Wood and his nine scores!
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Weirdly I don't like Susanna and didn't last year but I have defended her, sort of. As for Jake on Saturday I thought his dance was fantastic, I can't dance and have no knowledge of dancing, I watch for entertainment and Jake's dance for me was by far the best on Saturday and deserved the score it got. I also really liked Sunetra's cha cha cha, BBC star but she scored 26 lower than I was expecting, with several non BBC contestants scoring more.

Jake's dance on Saturday was up there with Sophie's charleston and Harry's quickstep, I've only been watching a few years having previously been an X factor viewer.
  • Options
    zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member

Jake's dance on Saturday was up there with Sophie's charleston and Harry's quickstep, I've only been watching a few years having previously been an X factor viewer.

Jake's dance on Saturday was a real showstopper ~ for gods sake give the guy some credit for training damn hard and having natural talent......he was more deserving of a 9 than Judy Murray was of staying in the competition! GO JAKE!!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weirdly I don't like Susanna and didn't last year but I have defended her, sort of. As for Jake on Saturday I thought his dance was fantastic, I can't dance and have no knowledge of dancing, I watch for entertainment and Jake's dance for me was by far the best on Saturday and deserved the score it got. I also really liked Sunetra's cha cha cha, BBC star but she scored 26 lower than I was expecting, with several non BBC contestants scoring more.

I've watched most of the series from the begining and that was overrated as were/are a lot of the many BBC people that appear on the show.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davegold wrote: »

*cough* Susannah Reid *cough*
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake thoroughly deserved three 9s.

Pixie Lott, on the other hand, was certainly overmarked.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Which is an average of 7. All I remember is no matter howaverage or not very good her dances were imo, the judges looked wowed and wowed her virtually every time if not every week. I like her so I didn't slate her at the time but its just so getting silly with Jake Wood and his nine scores!

Jake got nine scores? Now that is favouritism! Why should he get more scores than the others? Never mind, Donny Osmond's on this week so everyone gets more scores. Every cloud and all that...
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I never get the point of this particular conspiracy theory. What good does it do the BBC whether "their" people stay or go?

As to Jake, I don't like his EE character, so was prepared to dislike him in SCD (so call me shallow) but I've been very impressed! As to the 9s, and any other scores for that matter, I take them to be valid only within that particular episode. So was Jake's dance an ontological 9, once and for all time? Don't know. Was it a 9 in the context of second dance, first elimination episode - absolutely.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake was marked fairly. His dancing was fantastic. I didn't see any bias at all towards BBC people. Sunetra was middley, Gregg's gone... Who are they biased towards?
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    They should restrict the show to BBC people. I was shocked that they showed ITV studios in the trailer.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Iphigenia;75106223]I never get the point of this particular conspiracy theory. What good does it do the BBC whether "their" people stay or go?

As to Jake, I don't like his EE character, so was prepared to dislike him in SCD (so call me shallow) but I've been very impressed! As to the 9s, and any other scores for that matter, I take them to be valid only within that particular episode. So was Jake's dance an ontological 9, once and for all time? Don't know. Was it a 9 in the context of second dance, first elimination episode - absolutely.[/QUOTE]

This - BIB. Especially as many of the "BBC people" are self employed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jake thoroughly deserved three 9s.

Pixie Lott, on the other hand, was certainly overmarked.

I thought it shoud have been the other way around and Pixie to have got some 9s. Another example of over marking for certain BBC "stars".