Corrupted Recordings

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
For some reason I got a corrupted recording from ITV, not really bothered about it. However I remeber a thread about deleting corrupted recordings and some issues it could cuase.

Does any one know if it's safe to delete is as I haven't for months in fear of upsetting my box ;)

Cheers

Quexex

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recorded a movie once and part way through it there was a lot of picture break up etc and couldnt watch the rest of the recording initially as the picture just went to black for the rest of the time it was playing. I was able to rewind to the point it started being dodgy and was able to get past it, even though there was a lot of picture break up. When I deleted it nothing adverse happened on any of my other recordings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I had a corrupt recording and have deleted it and haven't had any problems either.

Regards

Steve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Just to be clear the recording has the no entry icon on it so it can not be played.
  • wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    I've had a part recording resulting from a manual adjusted timer to encompass two programs... 2hrs in total.

First program was complete and there was nothing of the second. The corruption icon was displayed in the record list. The recording played with no problems and was deleted with no problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quexex wrote:
    Just to be clear the recording has the no entry icon on it so it can not be played.

This icon often means the recording ended prematurley, normally because there was a lockup and is therefore deleted or watched up to the point the freeze took place and then deleted. In your case maybe at the time or soon after it tuned the the channel in question for recording something happened.