Scandal Season 3 US pace (spoilers in tags please)

lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
So glad I got into Scandal, really looking forward to Season 3.
As the US Season 3 premier is just a few days away, thought we needed a Season 3 thread. So, Season 2 ended with more questions than answers, especially now we know who Olivia's father is.

Hoping Season 3 will delve into Olivia herself, as we know a lot about her associates (except Harrison, whose story I'm also looking forward to hopefully!).

So what do we know so far?

From the Season 2 thread:
priscilla wrote: »
Sneak peak Scandal 3x01 'It's Handled'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5b0-0OpoDo

Can't wait for Oct 3rd, so excited.

More spoilers
Also looking forward to new cast members especially interested to see

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a brilliant show, interesting to see Olivia and her fathers relationship. Kerry Washinton and Tony Godwelyn (sp) have such great chemistry.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for Thursday! I'm a massive Olitz fan but I hope we get a bit less of their back & forth this season and more of Liv being amazing at OPA.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I can't wait for Thursday! I'm a massive Olitz fan but I hope we get a bit less of their back & forth this season and more of Liv being amazing at OPA.

Yeah I love when Liv "kicks ass" (so to speak :)) at OPA but get annoyed sometimes at the way the Fitz situation turns her into a miserable wreck.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Yeah I love when Liv "kicks ass" (so to speak :)) at OPA but get annoyed sometimes at the way the Fitz situation turns her into a miserable wreck.

and Fitz keeps "ticking"...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thursday's here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    just watched episode 1.....totally shocked by who leaked liv's name! why isnt episode 2 on now??? :mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watch episode 1 of June new season.

Rowan is seriously scary! The way he comes across is very good, makes it believable they are related. Found it interesting that his details weren't on Olivia's file so I'm guessing people at the White House haven't made the link between the two of them.

I like Quinn "Couldn't we just kill another intern?.....A bad one!" She's turning Into Huck!

As for the identity of who leaked Olivia's name, I had already worked it out, given what he stood to gain and the fact he was the calmest of everyone around Olivia when everyone else was panicking.

Didn't think the ending was much of a cliffhanger though, although I'm sure there will be some greater significance soon. Maybe it's part of what gets Jake out of the hole....
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for putting spoilers in tags. Thanks :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »

I'm sorry. I didn't think I wrote much of significance amd deliberately withheld the person who leaked Olivia's name.

To be clear - I thought spoilers referred to episodes that hadn't been aired only.

This is a US pace thread, so after the episode has been aired in the US, I tend to not look at any US pace threads until after watching the episode :rolleyes:

The spoilers info is as follows:

Before participating in a thread discussing a particular show, check two pieces of information: the PACE of the thread (usually the channel on which it is being shown) and whether it is NON-SPOILER or SPOILERS PERMITTED.

For example, posting information about an episode of Lost that aired on ABC but has not yet aired on Channel 4 would not be appropriate in a thread marked "Lost - Channel 4 - No Spoilers," because such discussion would constitute spoiler material for Channel 4 viewers.

Therefore, on a US paced thread, plot details from episodes that have aired are permitted without tags.

Tags are required for non aired plot details so details from (as it stands now) Episode 2 onwards.

Were you looking for a UK pace thread and stumbled into this one?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's also a special edition called "The Secret it Out" available which is a catch up show of everything that's happened so far. Even if you have seen every thing so far it's a useful reminder of the many twists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing first ep, just loved it from start to end can't for the second ep.
    I would have never have guessed that Fitz leaked Olivia's name, and I'm dying to know what happened with Jake and Fitz??
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »

It's not spoilers if the episode has already aired in the US and the info is in that episode.

Most people don't read this thread until they've seen the episode if they are afraid of spoilers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has ep 2 already aired??
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has ep 2 already aired??

No, season 3, episode 1 was last night, which is where the info about who leaked Olvia's name came from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, season 3, episode 1 was last night, which is where the info about who leaked Olvia's name came from.

Thanks, I misread one of the posts above. sorry :)
    Ep 1 was amazing, I actually got into this show during the summer I watched s1 in a day and s2 probably a week :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not spoilers if the episode has already aired in the US and the info is in that episode.

Most people don't read this thread until they've seen the episode if they are afraid of spoilers.

Thank you! Knew it was ok. DS Forum support verified this so postit needs to watch the episode first before coming onto this thread :rolleyes:.
    Has ep 2 already aired??

No I mentioned episode 2 as an example. It hasn't been aired but any info about it is considered a spoiler. Ep 1 details are fine to discuss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what do you guys think is inside the folder Olivias dad gave to Cyrus?? It's got to be something big, I just want ep 2 to air now !!!
  • topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally watched it and WOW what a start to the Season been avoiding this thread since Thursday (so hard) :D but anyway just loved the Bunker scene and the Rowan Liv scenes were brilliant

Was also right about who leaked Livs name for once I got something right can't wait for Episode 2 maybe it's something to do with Livs mum in that file and Jake and Fitz had something to do with her death?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jake and Fitz thing was to do with Iraq wasn't it?

I am sure they will explore what happened to Livs Mum. Definitely seems that Rowan had a hand in it if she just disappeared......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S3x02 'Guess who's coming to dinner' promo preview ( short clip)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aka_on_ki9w
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    So what do you guys think is inside the folder Olivias dad gave to Cyrus?? It's got to be something big, I just want ep 2 to air now !!!

Am I right in thinking that Cyrus doesn't know that's Olivias dad as obviously earlier in the ep they were saying they had no idea about her family and there were no family photos etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they don't know. They have been given some false details to say Olivia's dad is an antiquities dealer or something. Obviously Rowan doesn't want them to make the connection so probably went through all intelligence they had on Olivia's background and changed it.

Maybe Huck will find out Rowan is Olivia's dad and try to get Olivia to help make contact his wife and son?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the first episode but I am officially done with Olitz...

Did Fitz even stop to think about the effect on Liv's life and her career after her name was revealed?! Using her like a pawn in his battle with Mellie is so selfish on his part. After that stunt she is so much better off away from him.

Didn't like the retcon that they did on Liv's background... When Cyrus gathered intelligence on Liv and her team in season 1 the most they came up with about Liv was that she had an affair on the campaign trail but they didn't know who with, this time they discover that she was a party girl with a thing for older men.

Seems like Shonda changing Liv's history to fit with the inevitable daddy issues thing.

The acting was great though and I'm really looking forward to seeing how all the stories (Rowan & Liv, Fitz vs Mellie, Jake) unfold across the season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Fitz's plan was very foolish and has now changed their relationship for the worst:rolleyes:. However I can see how he thought it would set liv from from Mellie's clutches. Now with this latest patsy, Mellie would look silly going back and saying it was actually Olivia Pope. I'm interested to see whether their affair can return from what has just happened, I mean- now, EVERYONE will be watching them like hawks...if they weren't before:eek: So maybe we'll see Fitz licking his wounds as it looks like he shot himself good and proper in the foot with that plan.

But...I still believe that Fitz does love Liv and is desperate to go public, naive I know but I guess love can be blind like that. What makes me laugh is that it now seems like Cyrus and Mellie need to stay in the WH more than Fitz needs to.....or does Fitz really believe he can have both Liv and the presidency?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rioxxx wrote: »
    Fitz's plan was very foolish and has now changed their relationship for the worst:rolleyes:. However I can see how he thought it would set liv from from Mellie's clutches. Now with this latest patsy, Mellie would look silly going back and saying it was actually Olivia Pope. I'm interested to see whether their affair can return from what has just happened, I mean- now, EVERYONE will be watching them like hawks...if they weren't before:eek: So maybe we'll see Fitz licking his wounds as it looks like he shot himself good and proper in the foot with that plan.

But...I still believe that Fitz does love Liv and is desperate to go public, naive I know but I guess love can be blind like that. What makes me laugh is that it now seems like Cyrus and Mellie need to stay in the WH more than Fitz needs to.....or does Fitz really believe he can have both Liv and the presidency?

While I agree with the BIB my problem with it is that Fitz doesn't stop to think about what Liv wants and what the consequences will be for her. He didn't even give her a heads up that he was going to release her name so she was totally blindsided by it and look how fast her clients dropped her. He may love her but he's very selfish.