Is Zainab's exit storyline going to as predictable as this....

Comments

• CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The classic that always seems to happen: she lies about something to Masood and he kicks up out and that's it? I will not be impressed at all if it's just that but without her being killed off I don't see what else they are going to do so quickly.

I don't care if this is another Zainab thread, there a time difference for me and give me my moment.

I think it might have something to do with this new girl who is coming to stay with them.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    AngiBear wrote: »
    More than likely they will have it that she misses Syed so much that she wants to live closer to him then the family go with her?

I agree it could be to do with Syed. She wants to move near him and expects Masood to go with her. He stands his ground and makes her choose...she chooses Syed :(
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Dan, I'm emotionally distressed here and you coming in with a cool yes ain't helping. GAWD!!! ;) Come back with more words please. ;)
    Sorry....Yes i expect it will. That better?:D
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It best be good, if its like Chryed or Shabnam well then would have pissed on Zainab. They should do a whole ep dedicated to her as well as a Masood week leading up to her exit.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, if her exit is disappointing i'm sure it will be Bryan Kirkwood's fault and things will get better when Lorraine's material appears on screen ;) or that's what people will claim..
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still think Mas and Tam are gonna follow suit - they just haven't announced it yet.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Nitin isn't ready to leave, Masood won't be going anywhere with Zainab anytime soon. It's unlikely he'd be axed because the Masoods have been popular generally - certainly the most successful Asian family the show has had so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Nina is leaving! Good luck to her, but another blow for EE:( Zainab and Mas had been a great partnership (although the stuff with Yusef did diminish that a bit), I'm not sure how the Masoods will work without her? And what about Denise? Not to mention Fatty Boy!?
  • loco_localoco_loca Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always think it is selfish when actors decide to quit the show after a number of years. Two of her colleagues will essentially be jobless because of her.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loco_loca wrote: »
    I always think it is selfish when actors decide to quit the show after a number of years. Two of her colleagues will essentially be jobless because of her.

Oh come'on, you can't put that sort of blame on someone. They're actors, they know the business can be tough and nothing really last forever. It's really up the writers and creative team, if they play it right then Masood & Tamwar could be around for years to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    If Nina leaving means that her colleagues are essentially jobless, that's probably more the fault of the writers for not creating characters that can function on their own, which is pretty fundamental.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loco_loca wrote: »

Not really :rolleyes: it's not as if Tamwar could be used any less with Zainab gone, his burns storyline stopped existing after Boxing Day and since Afia left, he's been rattling around with the odd line here and there. Masood has spent a few scenes teaching Tiffany and shouting at Syed and Zainab but again, he's been rattling around doing very little.

To be controversial for a moment, Zainab has been such a dominating figure in the Masood household, that all the boys have suffered development wise and they might be taken in new directions with her gone. Masood doesn't have any friends with Jane gone, Tamwar speaks to Fatboy occasionally and Syed used to speak to Janine or Tanya once in a blue moon. It can be argued that Nina has had TOO MUCH attention over the last 3 years ( only the Brannings and Mtchells have had more ) and that Nitin and Hemish might now be given a chance to come forward more.

It was the same with Christian arguably holding Syed back as a character in his own right.

I love Nina and I view Masood and Zainab as one of those couples with great chemistry who should be together forever - sort of - but with her leaving, Nitin might be given more acting to do.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Pat:) The Masoods are coming 2nd on the BBC website poll "Best family 2012", Brannings are leading:rolleyes:
    vald wrote: »
    I agree it could be to do with Syed. She wants to move near him and expects Masood to go with her. He stands his ground and makes her choose...she chooses Syed :(
    This or Masood cheats with Ayesha and it all comes out on the wedding day...
    priscilla wrote: »
    It best be good, if its like Chryed or Shabnam well then would have pissed on Zainab. They should do a whole ep dedicated to her as well as a Masood week leading up to her exit.
    We need a Goodbye Zainab BBC3 special!!!
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    wasnt the whole point of syed leaving in the first place was to get away from zainab?
  • SalomeSalome Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zainab has become addicted to Christian's foot massage? And Masood can't deliver?
    I can just feel the desperation of writing her out :D
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The classic that always seems to happen: she lies about something to Masood and he kicks up out and that's it? I will not be impressed at all if it's just that but without her being killed off I don't see what else they are going to do so quickly.

I don't care if this is another Zainab thread, there a time difference for me and give me my moment.

Well Hello!

I hope Zainab is killed off as any other exit would be utterly ridiculous
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Hi Pat:) The Masoods are coming 2nd on the BBC website poll "Best family 2012", Brannings are leading:rolleyes:

This or Masood cheats with Ayesha and it all comes out on the wedding day...

We need a Goodbye Zainab BBC3 special!!!

I must be the only one who voted for the Beales:cry::cry:

Oh Pat, you must be devastated, I will miss Zainab too- but since she isn't a Branning, do you think the TPTB will give her the exit she deserves?:cry:

But seriously, I think Zainab will leave on the wedding day and they won't remarry, and I can see her getting quite a dramatic exit.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Hello!

I hope Zainab is killed off as any other exit would be utterly ridiculous

Sadly, that's what I want. I won't accept them just breaking up again. It was an abomination (I'm so dramatic) that they even divorced in the first place, I won't accept that and may turn away from the show if that does happen.
    IanMandy wrote: »
    I must be the only one who voted for the Beales:cry::cry:

Oh Pat, you must be devastated, I will miss Zainab too- but since she isn't a Branning, do you think the TPTB will give her the exit she deserves?:cry:

But seriously, I think Zainab will leave on the wedding day and they won't remarry, and I can see her getting quite a dramatic exit.

I love the Beales :D

I don't think they will, they have a great cast of actors but have always wasted them with poor paced plots, in 2011 when they had months away from screen - although December made up for that - and then two minute scenes in a weeks worth of episode dedicated to other families. I fear the same will happen again but at the end of the day it's EE loss and ours and I'm not really surprised she is leaving, too talented to be stuck doing a re-hash of the same scene.

Ohh nooo, the thought of them getting to the wedding and then it not happening breaks my wee heart. I hope there is no affair between Masood and the new girl or she isn't revealed at the love child of Masood to another woman revealing he cheated on Zainab or something...:yawn: if that's what it is. I also hope it's just not in the back of a taxi job, that would be pish poor. Basically, I'm not going to be happy with any kind of exit but it has to happen.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    To be controversial for a moment, Zainab has been such a dominating figure in the Masood household, that all the boys have suffered development wise and they might be taken in new directions with her gone. Masood doesn't have any friends with Jane gone, Tamwar speaks to Fatboy occasionally and Syed used to speak to Janine or Tanya once in a blue moon. It can be argued that Nina has had TOO MUCH attention over the last 3 years ( only the Brannings and Mtchells have had more ) and that Nitin and Hemish might now be given a chance to come forward more.

But that's assuming that the writers/TPTB want to take screentime away from the Brannings in order to give the Masood men some development. I'm willing to bet that there is about 4-6 months of no development, where the only thing that will really be shown is AJ/Masood being boys and being fun, before Himesh/Tamwar - the comedy straight man to the odd couple - quits and calls it a day. After that, Nitin/Mas will be next, leaving AJ as a spare part before he disappears into oblivion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Slightly worried it's going to be a exit in a black cab
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masood books the wedding for Valentine's Day so I assume that won't go ahead.

Could be an Amira-esque exit, she finds out Mas has cheated with Ayesha and leaves in a black cab, sobbing and holding Kamil to the sound of the Julia as she goes to live with Chryed.

But as JOP said, if Masood cheated, Zee would throw him out. Why would she leave?
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    Masood books the wedding for Valentine's Day so I assume that won't go ahead.

Could be an Amira-esque exit, she finds out Mas has cheated with Ayesha and leaves in a black cab, sobbing and holding Kamil to the sound of the Julia as she goes to live with Chryed.

But as JOP said, if Masood cheated, Zee would throw him out. Why would she leave?

Didnt they say zainab would be leaving in march?
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know she was leaving....big loss for the show & viewer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt they say zainab would be leaving in march?
    I read she was filming her final scenes in the coming weeks and I presume they still have 2 weeks of February left to shoot.
    maggiek wrote: »
    Didn't know she was leaving....big loss for the show & viewer!
    Yeah but you can't blame Nina for quitting, she hasn't had much to do all year. The Masoods have been woefully underused.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read she was filming her final scenes in the coming weeks and I presume they still have 2 weeks of February left to shoot.

Yeah but you can't blame Nina for quitting, she hasn't had much to do all year. The Masoods have been woefully underused.

I think her sister tweeted that it was Nina's last day at Elstree on Monday. It was her leaving drinks do:

Ally Wadia ‏@ally_z_w

Elstree studios for the last time tonight ! X