xbox360 game demos

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Let other xbox360 owners know which new demos are available to download and try and what you think of the demos you've tried. Give them a score out of 10.

I downloaded "Dead Space 3" last night and had a quick play and thought it was excellent. It made me jump a few times :o
I can't wait to get the full game and be scared shitless again lol

10/10

Comments

• stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I downloaded The Cave (full game, but a demo is available). Definitely 10/10. Absolutely amazing modern approach to the old "monkey island" type of game.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Nice idea for a thread! Well the most recent ones I played:

Dead Space 3 (7/10) Just could not get into this series but this game has turned into a full on shooter? I liked the weapon customisation and hated the jumpy moments.

Metal Gear Rising: (9/10) Not quite as impressive as Bayonetta but it's real close. The combat isn't really combo based so it doesn't flow the same but it's still very impressive and I'm gonna be buying it for sure.

Carrier Command (3/10) I dunno about this one, what were the devs thinking! Great idea but poorly executed. Not exactly the sequel the original 16-bit classic deserves.

NFS Most Wanted (7/10) Based on the demo it's not as good as the original MW. It's like Burnout Paradise only with licensed cars and a halved framerate.

DMC (8/10) Really nice graphics and the combat is on point. I prefer new Dante to old Dante. Will be buying.

Still not tried F1 Race Stars as you recommended.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was the same with Dead Space m8. I couldn't get into it at first but stuck with it and it frightened the life out of me at times lol. I used to play it in a darkened room with full surround sound on and jumped out of my skin at times, well most of the time :o lol brilliant games tbh m8 and def worth a go :)

f1 race stars is ok m8. It's a blatant rip off of mario kart but fun all the same
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the cave a point and click game used to love the old monkey island and broken sword games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Is the cave a point and click game used to love the old monkey island and broken sword games.

I wouldn't call it a point and click but it's an excellent game and one i'd recommend. Give the trial and go and see what you think before shelling out 1200ms points
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Space 3 demo - impressed with the exterior graphics!! The monsters that leapt out from under the snow were kinda predictable (always where the item crates were) so after the first time I sort of knew where it would happen again.

Haven't played the demo right through, not a day one purchase for me and seeing as I ain't played the first 2, it might be better for me to play those cheaper options first?

EDIT - going to try Cave today, sounds interesting and very good by the comments above
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    Dead Space 3 demo - impressed with the exterior graphics!! The monsters that leapt out from under the snow were kinda predictable (always where the item crates were) so after the first time I sort of knew where it would happen again.

Haven't played the demo right through, not a day one purchase for me and seeing as I ain't played the first 2, it might be better for me to play those cheaper options first?

The first 2 are well worth getting :)
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really struggled with dead space 2, from my experience with that game you need to think fast, react fast and be a good aim to do well in Dead Space games. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or the game was at fault, its just I got to a certain point in Dead Space 2 and got stuck, low on ammo and nowhere to go and that's where I left it. I would loved to have finished the game but I guess I used to much ammo because I'm a crap aim :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't finished Dead Space 1 or 2 (ran out of ammo and kept getting killed so gave up). I'm looking for someone to team up with on DS3 (but be warned, I ain't that good at shooting games but i'll do my best) lol. I just wasn't fast enough at shooting the limbs off lol
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead space 3 I did not like at all...maybe creepy survival games don't scare me anymore.

Played that cabelas hunted game...that wa fun fr 4 seconds but not something I'd buy