Options

A fantasy Apprentice series

george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
Forum Member
Hello

I have had an idea, but I'm not sure it will work, so before I decide I'd like to get the opinions of people on this thread. On the Big Brother thread, someone has started this:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1993343

It's a fantasy Big Brother series, with fictitious Housemates created by the forum member. I have been wondering whether it would be a good idea to have one of these for The Apprentice. I have actually considered this before, but the fact that someone has done it for Big Brother makes me wonder if it would work.

I have a couple of characters and tasks in mind for it, and I think it could be quite a cool thing to write an episode each week and see if the people on this forum become interested. Some of the people could help me out a bit with it if they like. But I want to gauge people's responses to the idea first - it's a big project, and I won't do it if no one is interested.

Also, I'd say that I wouldn't do it until DSA is finished - or at least, until I am no longer part of it -, because at the moment I just don't have enough time.

Comments

• Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds like a really interesting concept! I think it could be entertaining to read. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    winter99 wrote: »
    This sounds like a really interesting concept! I think it could be entertaining to read. :)

I haven't definitely decided to do it. If I was going to, I'd definitely need to consider it more carefully. But I will consider it if there is a lot of interest.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Id love to see that, and be more than happy to help if need be. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I do it, I might get some people to produce some candidate profiles. I have some candidates in my head already, but I think it would be difficult to come up with sixteen. So if people would like to help, it would be good if you thought through some ideas of potential candidates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    By the way, my ideas for candidates so far include two people who will have a dynamic similar to that of Adam and Jade, but more dramatic, someone who have to work very hard to get into Lord Sugar's good books, and someone who Karren is going to love and Nick is going to hate... ;-)

Still haven't definitely decided to do it, but I have bits planned out in my mind. It depends on whether or not I think it will work, after I've thought it through more thoroughly.
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea exactly how you'd go about this? Posting a whole "episode" in one day would likely be a lot to write and read in one go, so it might be an idea to do the task briefing and Team A's performance one day, Team B's performance and then the task result the next day, and then the boardroom and firing(s) the day after that.

Either way, I'd be happy to help out as well. I can definitely help in coming up with candidates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    Any idea exactly how you'd go about this? Posting a whole "episode" in one day would likely be a lot to write and read in one go, so it might be an idea to do the task briefing and Team A's performance one day, Team B's performance and then the task result the next day, and then the boardroom and firing(s) the day after that.

Either way, I'd be happy to help out as well. I can definitely help in coming up with candidates.

Having them on separate days isn't a bad idea actually. Although, I wouldn't have one team's performance on one day and one on another day, because I want it to flow like a real episode, with clips of both teams alternating.

I'm thinking of having a You're Fired! show as well, but I might get someone else to write that to take the pressure off me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A couple of people may have wondered what happened about this.

Essentially what happened is that Iain and I realised how big a project this was, and were both a little bit too busy to rush into it as quickly as we had intended to. We haven't forgotten about the idea - we are still working on it behind the scenes, and whilst we cannot guarantee anything, we hope to start posting it on the threads at some point after the conclusion of the current series. (Obviously it will now be a fantasy Series 11, rather than a fantasy Series 10.)

We thought it would be a good idea to bring it up here now, firstly to see how many people would be interested (obviously the forum isn't as active when the show isn't on air, and we'd like as many viewers as possible so people sticking around after it has finished would be great) and also to ask if anyone has any suggestions. We have some candidate ideas (though not that many, if anyone has any ideas for roles that they'd like to use please PM me or grizzlyvamp), but we'd also like to see what ideas people have for when we should do it, and also how many episodes we want in a week. (With that last one it really does depend on Iain's and my spare time, so I'm not sure how feasible it will be to have too many. I doubt we'll be able to do more than two a week at the very maximum, but we'll see how that all goes. We may need a couple of people to help with writing episodes, but we'll see how it all goes in terms of planning.)
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am the best sales person in the western hemisphere and I wear long kinky boots with killer heels which enable me to trample over the all the other pretenders. :kitty:
    I have an ego the size of a planet and don't suffer fools gladly. I will be the winner because in a race full thoroughbreds I'm the little pony whose cuteness will win the day. ;-)
    Could I be a contestant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    I am the best sales person in the western hemisphere and I wear long kinky boots with killer heels which enable me to trample over the all the other pretenders. :kitty:
    I have an ego the size of a planet and don't suffer fools gladly. I will be the winner because in a race full thoroughbreds I'm the little pony whose cuteness will win the day. ;-)
    Could I be a contestant?

You can certainly help us to design some!
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can certainly help us to design some!

Count me in I have a fertile imagination and not a clue about margins!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Count me in I have a fertile imagination and not a clue about margins!

Just to clarify, this isn't a game like DSA, it's a fantasy series. We're writing out scripts for episodes, with fictitious characters, for people to follow and enjoy. It's not something that people can 'take part in' as such, but if you have an idea for a candidate to create, send me a PM and we'll see what we can do.