Options

Tumble (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was a wind up! Why the sudden attraction of emulating circus acts, which is what these shows amount to. Seems the BBC have forgotten what happened to Michael Lush on the late late breakfast show.
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    How long before Christopher Biggins, Janet Street Porter and Harriet Harmon end up in leotards? Maybe Vanessa Feltz too?

I am sure one of McFly or Westlife will eventually do well.

Alex Jones has already done Strictly Come Dancing so unless she's going to host in a leotard, I see no point to her being on the show.

Here's to them trying to promote Beth Tweddle some more as a national treasure rather than someone who lost consistently to 15 and 16 year old Chinese and Americans. She's the Tim Henman of gymnastics.

How's about John McCririck in Lycra?
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    How's about John McCririck in Lycra?

My eyes!!!!!!! My eyes!!!!!!! Please make it go away!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    kittenkong42kittenkong42 Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. It's a game show :(

Game Show? It's the same type of format as Strictly Come Dancing, Splash, etc... They're not games shows - they are reality TV.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll give this a go.

I don't like outright 'reality tv', but I do like watching people learn a new skill, especially sport related ones, and it is more interesting when it's well known celebs.

I liked C4's The Games, and was sad to see Dancing on Ice go. I enjoyed "Superstars", which had top sports stars trying their hand at something different.

If this show is focused on the more technical side of learning the sport, and isn't too obsessed with sequins (Strictly bored me rigid), or just a vehicle for trashy celebs to get a magazine deal, then it could be something I'll enjoy. I quite liked the concept for Splash!, except that frustrating detail of there being next to no content, and too many TOWIE sorts realising the 10m board is high.

The proof will be in the pudding. And I'm glad Gabby Logan isn't doing it. She's way too in love with herself. Helen Skelton would have been better than Alex Jones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I'll give this a go.

I don't like outright 'reality tv', but I do like watching people learn a new skill, especially sport related ones, and it is more interesting when it's well known celebs.

I liked C4's The Games, and was sad to see Dancing on Ice go. I enjoyed "Superstars", which had top sports stars trying their hand at something different.

If this show is focused on the more technical side of learning the sport, and isn't too obsessed with sequins (Strictly bored me rigid), or just a vehicle for trashy celebs to get a magazine deal, then it could be something I'll enjoy. I quite liked the concept for Splash!, except that frustrating detail of there being next to no content, and too many TOWIE sorts realising the 10m board is high.

The proof will be in the pudding. And I'm glad Gabby Logan isn't doing it. She's way too in love with herself. Helen Skelton would have been better than Alex Jones.

A rotting corpse would've been better than Alex Jones.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Motivator has withdrawn due to injury. Gutted. The only reason why I planned on watching this show.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell. This is actually a real TV show. :o

What next? Pro-Celebrity Hysterectomy?

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloody hell. This is actually a real TV show. :o

What next? Pro-Celebrity Hysterectomy?

:(

Michelle Heaton is already doing that one.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Motivator has withdrawn due to injury. Gutted. The only reason why I planned on watching this show.

And being replaced by Peter Duncan he of Blue Peter and Duncan Dares.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a few celebs have hurt themselves doing this show. What happens down the line once someone gets injured and cannot compete?

Will they bring in a replacement, or one that's already been eliminated? Either way it would feel a bit unfair to whoever does.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    davidseven wrote: »
    I thought this was a wind up! Why the sudden attraction of emulating circus acts, which is what these shows amount to.
    Well yes, apart from it's actually about gymnastics and nothing whatsoever to do with circus acts :rollingeyes:

Try doing a little research on the show you're complaining about unless you actually want to sound like an idiot :mad:

I'll start you off with:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2014/32/tumble-ep1
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/tumble-line-up
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/tumble

Not a single mention of circuses in any of them and the head judge is a former gymnast.
    Seems the BBC have forgotten what happened to Michael Lush on the late late breakfast show.
    1. Noting more recent to mention?
    2. Pretty sure there's not going to be any bungee-jumping or explosions of any kind.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes, apart from it's actually about gymnastics and nothing whatsoever to do with circus acts :rollingeyes:

Try doing a little research on the show you're complaining about unless you actually want to sound like an idiot :mad:

I'll start you off with:

Not a single mention of circuses in any of them and the head judge is a former gymnast.

1. Noting more recent to mention?
    2. Pretty sure there's not going to be any bungee-jumping or explosions of any kind.

They are hardly going to learn gymnastics in a few weeks. They will probably be carried by their partners and stretch a little. People will laugh at this show and it will be torn to shreds on twitter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What next - Celebrity Martial Arts ??
    Watch zelebs like Louie Spence (sp?) get beaten up in a cage fight ?
    Actually, that wouldn't be so bad ! :D
    Seriously though, a show where celebs learn a TRADITIONAL martial art like Shotokan Karate would be interesting

They've tried Celebrity Wrestling, they've done boxing matches between celebs for Sport Relief, they've had them do dangerous stunts for that shortlived Chris Evans show on Channel 4... I could see them doing something like this soon enough. "Famous and Fighting" or something like that. Couldn't be much worse than The Jump.

Didn't Sky 1 already kind of do this with Ruby Wax and others a few years back? They had to learn gymnastic skills, tight rope walking, trapeze...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle Heaton is already doing that one.

Harsh but true. It's the sequel to her magazine story series, Celebrity Preventative Mastectomy.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    People will laugh at this show and it will be torn to shreds on twitter
    That's true enough. But that'll happened, regardless of the quality of the show. Between its similarities to Splash (in so much as it's celebrities learning a sport), and the fact that most people have made their minds up about it already, I don't the show has much chance of changing people's opinion.

It's daft though really. Put a show like this on Saturday night and everyone's all "Oh FFS" and "This looks awful/laughable/prosecutable!" But stick a show like Gogglebox on, slightly under the radar and out of the way, and people are alike "Wow, this concept of watching people watch telly is groundbreaking and amazing and such quality TV!"

At the end of the day, stupid telly is stupid telly. But perception, reaction, and more that a little sheep-mentality can make or break a TV show these days.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true enough. But that'll happen regardless of the quality of the show. - even if, as unlikely as it admittedly seems, this turns out to be any good. Between its similarities to Splash (in so much as it's celebrities learning a sport), and the fact that most people have made their minds up about it already, I don't think the show has much chance of changing people's opinion.

It's daft though really. Put a show like this on Saturday night and everyone's all "Oh FFS" and "This looks awful/laughable/prosecutable!" But stick a show like Gogglebox on, slightly under the radar and out of the way, and people are alike "Wow, this concept of watching people watch telly is groundbreaking and amazing and such quality TV!"

At the end of the day, stupid telly is stupid telly. But perception, reaction, and more that a little sheep-mentality can make or break a TV show these days.
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec doing the theme tune?
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Ant and Dec doing the theme tune?

The show was originally called 'Let's Get Ready to Tumble' but they had to change it for fear of being sued by A&D :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First link I clicked on gave me this: "Each celebrity has been guided through the techniques of gymnastics and circus arts by a coach and pro partner."

Last time I checked "aerial hoop" wasn't a gymnastic event, but a circus act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celebrity darts show starting next spring hosted by Gabby Logan. I kid you not. :D
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Peter Duncan replaces Mr Motivator.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saw the first trailer for this tonight. Looks terrible.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    They are hardly going to learn gymnastics in a few weeks.
    Correct. Which is there has so much of a delay between the initial announcement of the show and it's airing. i.e. to allow for them training for quite some time. Again, some basic research (and common sense) would have told you this.
    I personally take as much notice of Twitter as I would any critic. ie none whatsoever. I will watch and make my own mind up.