Options

DW Cast Members in Other Roles.

Comments

• Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    I'm currently watching Lalla Ward as the future Elizabeth I in The Prince and The Pauper (1977).

Oh and I saw Noel Clarke in Star Trek Into Darkness yesterday as well.

I saw Lalla in an old episode of The Professionals on ITV4 not that long ago - she really was a brilliant actress. Shame she doesn't do more acting these days.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I was watching an episode of The X-Files the other day not realising that the main antagonist in it was Mark Sheppard (Canton Everett Delaware III). I only realised when I saw his filmography.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching an episode of The X-Files the other day not realising that the main antagonist in it was Mark Sheppard (Canton Everett Delaware III). I only realised when I saw his filmography.

I may have seen him in earlier roles but the first one I really remember him from is Badger in Firefly.
  • Options
    bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised when I found out that Arthur Darvill was in fact a presenter on CiTV under his real name of Tom 10 years ago when I used to watch it.

Here's the proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lBml-4SsQU

and here he is on Sooty's show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvjuJmHEPU0

Seems odd to think that was Arthur all those years ago when I was watching....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Hurt has been cast in Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain.

So not the ongoing 12th Doctor then ;)
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Jenna Louise Coleman has been cast in Death Comes to Pemberley as Lydia Wickham (née Bennet). I think it's BBC's big Christmas drama so expect it stripped between Christmas and New Year. Also stars Tom Ward, Captain Latimer in The Snowmen.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Alex Kingston is in The Knock right now, on True Entertainment.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingston is also playing Lady Macbeth in a National Theatre production of the Scottish play that is being shown in cinemas on 20th July.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Not forgetting that David Tennant was also in Broadchurch.

Peter Davison was also in at home with the braithwaites.

Olivia Colman was in Tyrannosaur and the Iron Lady - both very good films

My son watched Old Jack's boat, I didn't realise that RTD was the writer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billie Piper has joined Showtime's new horror series Penny Dreadful.

The Doctor Who star will appear in a leading role and joins Josh Hartnett, Eva Green and Rory Kinnear in the psychosexual horror, according to her agent.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a508045/billie-piper-joins-josh-hartnett-in-showtimes-penny-dreadful.html
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    WhoMad wrote: »
    Is it really that difficult to spell her name correctly.. Karen GILLAN - If you can't learn it after 3 years!:eek:

After all these years, I see more 'Ecclestone' than 'Eccleston'.

Georgia Moffett often gets given 'Moffat'.

Steven Moffat gets hit twice as hard with 'Stephen' and 'Moffett', or 'Moffatt' or some other variation I can't even imagine.

I've seen Alex 'Kingstone' a few times.

I've already seen a worrying number of 'Cabaldi' quotes.

:p
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sixties TV Shows are a goldmine for spotting Who Actors. The Avengers is the best one. Jon Pertwee cropped up in one episode playing one of his 'in disguise' parts. Nicholas Courtney, Roger Delgado, Anneke Wills also did a couple of episodes minimum. Nicholas Courtney also appeared with Kevin Stoney in one episode(Tobias Vaughan-The Invasion) Stoney I've seen crop up in The New Avengers as well. Roger Delgado did one episode with Kate O Mara as his assistant.

The other one is Randall and Hopkirk Deceased. One episode in particular featured both Roger Delgado and Nicholas Courtney. Though they appeared in one scene together they never actually interacted.

Mary Tamn also popped up as a Bitchy Villain who got popped off in Crime Traveller.

I also believe Patrick Troughton appeared in the first ever episode of Inspector Morse and who can forget a suitably disguised Peter Davison's turn as a pig on a plate(?) in The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. That also starred Valentine Dyall(The Black Guardian) In another interesting bit of coincidental casting, he appeared in the same episode of Blake's 7 as Colin Baker. Cyril Luckham as The White Guardian I've seen in The Avengers as well.

Also remember Colin Baker playing a holiday maker in a Michelle Collins led-show called Sunburn in the 90's.

Aside from his excellent performance as Wyvern in the Randall and Hopkirk remake, Tom Baker also played another Eccentric Doctor in Medics but my other fave role of his outside of Doctor Who was Captain Redbeard in BlackAdder 2.

'You have a woman's legs!'

:D
  • Options
    JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once saw a naked David Tennant on stage.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mary Tamn also popped up as a Bitchy Villain who got popped off in Crime Traveller.

Damm it, it's not Tamn. ;):p
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rionia wrote: »
    John Barrowman

This year has been seen in

Arrow
    Zero Dark Thirty (movie)
    All Stars (movie)
    Scandal

He was also in

My Family
    Hussle
    Hotel Babylon

Pre DW roles included

The Producers (movie)
    Shark Attack 3 Megaladon (movie) :D
    De Lovely (movie)
    Putting it Together (TV/Musical)
    Titans
    Central Park West

And his (clothed) backside was in The Untouchables (movie)

Barrowman also sang 'springtime for hitler' in the remake of the producers. I'd did realise it was him at first, his hairs dyed blond.....
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wendy padbury was gang-raped in 'blood on satan's claw'....:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Martha (the companion) in quite a lot of American shows, eg. The Carrie Diaries
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the name of that rock and roll film where someone got off with Deborah Watling at a holiday camp?...
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the name of that rock and roll film where someone got off with Deborah Watling at a holiday camp?...

That'll Be The Day.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damm it, it's not Tamn. ;):p

Damn my spalling misteaks!

:p:D
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barrowman also sang 'springtime for hitler' in the remake of the producers. I'd did realise it was him at first, his hairs dyed blond.....

That's one film that shouldn't have been remade, not because Barrowman was in the remake, but because the original was so frigging excellent, that any remake would be a bit of a let down, which it most certainly was.
  • Options
    TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a young boy, maybe 10, whilst off school with a fever, I was laid out on my Nan's sofa in front of the TV. Some Play for Today or it's ilk was on, and Elizabeth Sladen took her top off right there in front of me.

I could have been dreaming; I was, as I say, in a fever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll Be The Day.

No, it really happened! :p

Yes, that's it, thank you. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's one film that shouldn't have been remade, not because Barrowman was in the remake, but because the original was so frigging excellent, that any remake would be a bit of a let down, which it most certainly was.

+1

One of my all time favourites ( the original)
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't think it was a remake as such, but a film based on the broadway musical which was based in the film :D

OT: It didn't help that they left one of the best bits of the entire movie on the cutting room floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTuFP0SFLQY