Semi-permanent make-up

eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thinking about getting my eyebrows done - they are sparse and I feel too self-conscious to leave the house without 'filling them in' first.

Has anyone else had them done?

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Aunt had her eyebrows and eyeliner done. I think it looks amazing. She always looks impeccable. I'd wake up looking like hell and there she is with her perfect eyebrows and eyeliner on...

If you want to do it, and are happy with a specific eyebrow shape - go for it!
  • belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to echo sweh. A woman I work with has had her eyes, eyebrows and lip liner done. She's a person who would step out of a tent on Everest and look immaculate. It really suits her and looks just as though she is wearing normal make-up.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've pretty much decided I want it done. It's important that it looks natural though, so I've decided to ask to see a portfolio of work and only go for someone who offers a style that looks natural. (One or two online artists has examples which really look drawn-on and false). Think I'll take a few photos where I like my eyebrow shape and ask them to replicate that look. So fed up of using my stencil!
  • belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eluf38 wrote: »
    I've pretty much decided I want it done. It's important that it looks natural though, so I've decided to ask to see a portfolio of work and only go for someone who offers a style that looks natural. (One or two online artists has examples which really look drawn-on and false). Think I'll take a few photos where I like my eyebrow shape and ask them to replicate that look. So fed up of using my stencil!

Not sure, but I think it might be hard to get a natural look.The woman I know who has had it done looks like she has make up on all the time and it's quite a 'done up' look.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get them tattooed on. You'll end up looking as mad as a box of frogs, but will have loads of extra time for topping up the spray-on tan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Get them tattooed on. You'll end up looking as mad as a box of frogs, but will have loads of extra time for topping up the spray-on tan.

Ha ha ha. I don't touch fake tan. English rose complexion.

Something like this wouldn't be too bad:

http://www.siandellar.com/permanent_make_up.php

(Scroll down to the bit that says 'Eyebrow enhancements')

If you google though, there are some really freaky pictures where people have impossibly dark brows or they've had them drawn on the very verge of their browbones. Mind really just need filling in and lengthening slightly.

I'm convinced someone at work has had them done... hers are just too perfect. I don't think she'd admit it any more than she'll admit her hair is extensions) which is a shame as she looks good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've just got back from having them done. Love the shape. They're a bit dark at the moment, but she said they'll fade to be half as dark as they are now.
    But ye Gods they are sore! I'm not allowed to touch them or even lay a cold flannel on my head to stop them hurting. Actually having them done wasn't painful, but my entire forehead feels as though it's on fire right now. Can't wait for them to start fading so I can see what they look like once they've healed properly.
  • EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much does it cost is it very expensive? Not sure why I'm asking, I'm too chicken to have that done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Esensuelle wrote: »
    How much does it cost is it very expensive? Not sure why I'm asking, I'm too chicken to have that done.

Cost me £250, which seems quite standard. Not too bad if you think that they can last 2 years or even longer, and a trip to the salon for a cut and colour costs £50.

I'm normally a wimp about needles - I never thought I'd be brave enough to get a tattoo for example. But I really wanted to sort my brows out so decided to bite the bullet - and it wasn't that bad. She used anasthetic cream for most of the procedure; but even when I wasn't completely numb it wasn't that bad at all. I even relaxed and was laughing and chatting to her.
    It's discomfort more than anything - and they're scabbing over so quite sore today.