Problems with printing email from outlook

hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
Forum Member
✭✭
I feel I am going mad. I printed off an email and wanted to print another but when I hit print Live.com came up and said there was a problem. Surely if you are printing an email you don't need it to be 'live'. I haven't had any problems like this before. I have tried it many times since and the same thing is happening. Usually when you hit print you get a list of printers up and then chose one and then hit print but this is not happening now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which 'Outlook'?

Outlook Express
    Office Outlook
    Outlook.com website

Also, which version of Windows and what browser?
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Which 'Outlook'?

Outlook Express
    Office Outlook
    Outlook.com website

Also, which version of Windows and what browser?

Thanks for your reply Stig. It seems to have resolved itself today and I have managed to print off my emails. I do have problems with my wi fi freezing especially during the evenings and I wonder if this had something to do with it. I am not technically minded but it does seem to tie with that.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Stig. It seems to have resolved itself today and I have managed to print off my emails. I do have problems with my wi fi freezing especially during the evenings and I wonder if this had something to do with it. I am not technically minded but it does seem to tie with that.

If your printer is connected to the router instead of (for example) a USB lead plugged into the laptop then losing WiFi will prevent you printing as well.

The laptop and printer communicate via the router so if either one loses contact with the router for whatever reason you won't be able to print.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    If your printer is connected to the router instead of (for example) a USB lead plugged into the laptop then losing WiFi will prevent you printing as well.

The laptop and printer communicate via the router so if either one loses contact with the router for whatever reason you won't be able to print.

That will be it then. Thanks.