Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Wait until she comes out and is back behind the safety of her laptop. And as others have pointed out - playing the victim is her MO. As for doing good for animals - where do I start? The elderly dog she described light heartedly as "having a period" who turned out to have terminal cancer? The elderly horse she took in when the owner needed a temporary home for her who ended up dead and the owner slagged off in Liz's column (and yes I know the truth here and it wasn't Liz's version)? The "puppies" who are adult dogs who appear to be untrained much to her amusement? The time she was going to cut off her hair for a horse charity - mentioned it once in a column and never mentioned it again? Most of her time seems to be spent romping with the Baker in her London cupboard leaving the long suffering Nic to care for the menagerie anyway.

Not forgetting the cat, whose life she unnecessarily and cruelly prolonged.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for doing good for animals - where do I start? The elderly dog she described light heartedly as "having a period" who turned out to have terminal cancer?

Interesting point - on the Facebook page supporting Jones (and patently run by Nic), someone mentioned that, and Ms. Bebb's response was that as soon as it happened, the dog was whisked to the vets and had the very best (homeopathic) treatment that money could buy. Odd, then, that this wasn't ever mentioned, or even hinted at, in her columns while every quack treatment lavished on the nags has been lovingly detailed. Let's be charitable and assume the original 'period' comment was purely for comic effect: the majority of dog lovers didn't seem to find it amusing, it would have been nice to state that the dog is being treated... and if that's an example of her renowned wit, well... :o
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a real shame the housemates have no idea who Liz is. This "blank canvas" anonymity has allowed her to carve out a persona as the quiet, vulnerable older lady who feels bullied by the younger girls. (Not how she didn't actually say she's been bullied by them, just that "I feel like if we were in school, they'd be bullying me". Which makes about as much sense as "I'm nominating Linda because she reminds me of my older sister!" Way to spin a bit of instant victimhood for yourself out of absolutely nothing!)

Throw in a bit of animal-lover sentimentality and you've basically got the appearance of a harmless, good person. If there was even ONE housemate in there who knew Liz's writing, you can be sure she'd be challenged on some of her past nastiness. But it's clear the HMs have no idea who she is and just find her a bit of a harmless misfit.

What a pity she wasn't in the house at the same time as Carol McGiffin, who I saw talking about Liz on one of the BB spin-off shows. She (Carol) is clearly very familiar with Liz's writing, and she spoke very intelligently about the difference between Liz's real personality and the way she's being perceived in the house. On the show I saw, Carol said the "I'm not used to anyone doing anything nice for me" routine is "rubbish" and that Liz will be found out eventually if she stays in there long enough.

I find that "this-is-the-first-time-anyone's-ever-been-nice-to-me routine" really irritating too. She's trotted it out far too often for it to actually be true! After all, when she was with the FRS, she kept saying she "wasn't used to a man treating her well". Now she's with the other chap, she's saying the same thing, which rather negates the previous time she said it! Especially as her point of comparison always seems to be her "husband"....if she'd had a significant relationship since her marriage, surely that would be the most obvious one to make comparisons with?

Sorry, wandered off the point a bit there! :)
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    I find that "this-is-the-first-time-anyone's-ever-been-nice-to-me routine" really irritating too. She's trotted it out far too often for it to actually be true! After all, when she was with the FRS, she kept saying she "wasn't used to a man treating her well". Now she's with the other chap, she's saying the same thing, which rather negates the previous time she said it! Especially as her point of comparison always seems to be her "husband"....if she'd had a significant relationship since her marriage, surely that would be the most obvious one to make comparisons with?

From this fact, and many others, it has to be obvious that she has had no relationships at all since her marriage until DScrace turned up. But playing the victim card is ingrained in her so she'll no doubt keep on about it ad nauseum as she does with the rest of her repertoire of topics. When she gets out of the house I'm sure we'll hear about how badly she was treated, and bullied.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't read this if you're having breakfast, or otherwise eating or drinking, but given that (unlikely as it seems) Jones has gone from being close to frigid to dropping them at the mere thought of D'Scrace's grizzled ponytail and being serviced five times a night (boak...), how has she coped in t'house ? Apparently by never mentioning this paragon of sexual awakening.

Cynical, moi ?
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Don't read this if you're having breakfast, or otherwise eating or drinking, but given that (unlikely as it seems) Jones has gone from being close to frigid to dropping them at the mere thought of D'Scrace's grizzled ponytail and being serviced five times a night (boak...), how has she coped in t'house ? Apparently by never mentioning this paragon of sexual awakening.

Cynical, moi ?

*Vomit smiley*
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »

Exactly the same as the Dreary: regurgitation of other peoples' comments word for word, offensive 'joke', vapid generalisations. Er... that's it.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Jokes about suicide, jokes about Alzheimers.... she's a regular stand up comedienne this one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly the same as the Dreary: regurgitation of other peoples' comments word for word, offensive 'joke', vapid generalisations. Er... that's it.

....And absolutely no style, wit, or flavour to the writing! It literally sounded like a fifth-form journalism project, just a very flat, drab recounting of the basic points, with nothing added in the telling to make it more interesting. "X said this, Y said that...."

I cringed when everyone applauded her and commended her on a "nice piece". That sort of praise would have been appropriate if, say, Dappy had written it....but a "top" high-earning journalist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The London College of Printing (can't recall what it's called these days) must be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud to be associated with her.
  • Options
    sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I really feel ill. She has them all conned with the poor ickle bullied Liz with no self esteem carp.>:(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR2pGwu2ls4

They don't know s***:(
  • Options
    sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    The London College of Printing (can't recall what it's called these days) must be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud to be associated with her.

And that is another of the many chips on her shoulder. She really loathes women who went to good universities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's Diary is absolutely beneath contempt. It's one thing to air your own dirty laundry in print, or to write anything you like about an anonymous partner who can't be identified and may not even exist. But it's absolutely unforgivable to identify someone by their full name, and then start writing about that person's past relationships, which clearly identifies the people she's writing about. I dread to think how this man's ex-wife feels, seeing details published about the guy having an affair during the marriage. (And how horribly hypocritical it is to protect the identity of the person he had an affair with, referring to her only as "Lady" something or other...hey, no danger of anyone guessing who that was, then? Stand by for some of Liz's usual outrage further down the line when she gets taken to task for this ("But I DISGUISED her!")

I feel so sorry for his family, who keep having to read how he loves Liz more than he's ever loved anyone (this now seems to have changed to "more than he's ever loved any WOMAN", which is marginally less of a slap in the face for his children, but horribly cruel to his ex-wife and indeed, to anyone else he's ever had a significant relationship with.)

Only Liz would fail to hear alarm bells ringing when a man admits he cheated because his wife had become a mother and he was "no longer the centre of her attention." Any normal woman would start to have serious doubts at that point! But she's too busy showering him with adoration, and droning on forever about how she threw a party to try and snare him 30 years ago but he chose Wilma over her (a story which she seems to tell every other week now, alternating with the riveting tale of her ex-husband spilling coffee on his trousers. Worth every penny eh?)

Strangely, Mr S seems to have started to use her own peculiar expressions....have you ever met anyone other than Liz who talks about "giant children"?
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    sunstone wrote: »
    Now I really feel ill. She has them all conned with the poor ickle bullied Liz with no self esteem carp.>:(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR2pGwu2ls4

They don't know s***:(

She was lapping up those comments. And the look on her face when Luisa mentioned that she was hot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Wait till she comes put and writes about them all.
    Then they will feel ill.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really hacked off that so many BB viewers seem to have bought into the "she loves animals so can't be that bad" thing. Do those who say they don't think LJ is that bad not see the article she did on Jo Yeates, or the one on her own mother, or any number of pieces she's written where all she has done is spew venom at and/or patronise anyone who doesn't live up to whatever her idea of perfection is? Sigh.
  • Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on as usual Cathrin, Liz and Dscrace deserve each other with their revulsion over pregnant women and mothers. Only Liz would see a man leaving his wife because she'd born HIS children as endearing. Now that they are 'giant ferals' he will probably want his children to accept him and their new mummy. I hope they treat him with the same contempt he treated their mother. I just wish the real people she is humiliating would fight back in print.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    This week's Diary is absolutely beneath contempt. It's one thing to air your own dirty laundry in print, or to write anything you like about an anonymous partner who can't be identified and may not even exist. But it's absolutely unforgivable to identify someone by their full name, and then start writing about that person's past relationships, which clearly identifies the people she's writing about. I dread to think how this man's ex-wife feels, seeing details published about the guy having an affair during the marriage. (And how horribly hypocritical it is to protect the identity of the person he had an affair with, referring to her only as "Lady" something or other...hey, no danger of anyone guessing who that was, then? Stand by for some of Liz's usual outrage further down the line when she gets taken to task for this ("But I DISGUISED her!")

I feel so sorry for his family, who keep having to read how he loves Liz more than he's ever loved anyone (this now seems to have changed to "more than he's ever loved any WOMAN", which is marginally less of a slap in the face for his children, but horribly cruel to his ex-wife and indeed, to anyone else he's ever had a significant relationship with.)

Only Liz would fail to hear alarm bells ringing when a man admits he cheated because his wife had become a mother and he was "no longer the centre of her attention." Any normal woman would start to have serious doubts at that point! But she's too busy showering him with adoration, and droning on forever about how she threw a party to try and snare him 30 years ago but he chose Wilma over her (a story which she seems to tell every other week now, alternating with the riveting tale of her ex-husband spilling coffee on his trousers. Worth every penny eh?)

Strangely, Mr S seems to have started to use her own peculiar expressions....have you ever met anyone other than Liz who talks about "giant children"?

I didn't know about the BIB. He sounds like a lovely and loyal bloke, not!
  • Options
    IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a real shame the housemates have no idea who Liz is. This "blank canvas" anonymity has allowed her to carve out a persona as the quiet, vulnerable older lady who feels bullied by the younger girls. (Not how she didn't actually say she's been bullied by them, just that "I feel like if we were in school, they'd be bullying me". Which makes about as much sense as "I'm nominating Linda because she reminds me of my older sister!" Way to spin a bit of instant victimhood for yourself out of absolutely nothing!)

Throw in a bit of animal-lover sentimentality and you've basically got the appearance of a harmless, good person. If there was even ONE housemate in there who knew Liz's writing, you can be sure she'd be challenged on some of her past nastiness. But it's clear the HMs have no idea who she is and just find her a bit of a harmless misfit.

What a pity she wasn't in the house at the same time as Carol McGiffin, who I saw talking about Liz on one of the BB spin-off shows. She (Carol) is clearly very familiar with Liz's writing, and she spoke very intelligently about the difference between Liz's real personality and the way she's being perceived in the house. On the show I saw, Carol said the "I'm not used to anyone doing anything nice for me" routine is "rubbish" and that Liz will be found out eventually if she stays in there long enough.

sorry didnt read all that... liz is the best and nothing you say can stop that...
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iofiel wrote: »
    liz is the best and nothing you say can stop that...

Oh, you poor dear (providing you're actually being serious).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Iofiel wrote: »
    sorry didnt read all that... liz is the best and nothing you say can stop that...

At last! At last Jonesey showed a flash of her true colours last night! We had the double whammy of her slagging off a young, attractive, intelligent housemate (who is also a mother *swoons*) for having a pair of fur boots and snakeskin shoes [she supports and nurtures women you know] combined with breathtaking hypocrisy (here's a link to an NPeal page... the store she name-checks weekly and where she bought (!) her bf's jumper: http://www.npeal.com/shop/5220afc3746ed10002000002/WOMEN/5225c2e16a77980002000001/Fur.
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last! At last Jonesey showed a flash of her true colours last night! We had the double whammy of her slagging off a young, attractive, intelligent housemate (who is also a mother *swoons*) for having a pair of fur boots and snakeskin shoes [she supports and nurtures women you know] combined with breathtaking hypocrisy (here's a link to an NPeal page... the store she name-checks weekly and where she bought (!) her bf's jumper: http://www.npeal.com/shop/5220afc3746ed10002000002/WOMEN/5225c2e16a77980002000001/Fur.

.......and all the while Liz wore her sheepskin boots........
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Maybe saw a bit of the real liz on tonight's BB? She was talking to Luisa Zissman and slagging off Jim Davidson for suggesting she wasn't famous. "Not famous? I am! 69 million readers??"

Then Luisa made me laugh when she said "I could be a journalist. You've SEEN how brutal I am".
  • Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has now mentioned suicide three times, twice as a 'joke'. Surely such a serious and sensitive subject should not be used so casually on a TV show? Liz is getting plenty of praise for her deadpan response to Louisa trying to get her to laugh, but as most of us know everything she said, dead cat, dying mother, wanting to drive into a tree,etc, has been used countless times in her articles as fact and to gain sympathy/attention. To use these subjects and alleged real emotions/experiences so flipantly needs to be questioned. We saw how she went into a meltdown when she realised that nearly everyone voted against her (I did love the 'I'm f***ing famous I am!' rant). I do believe she has very serious issues, but if she is now going to be a poster girl for self loathing then she has to deal with her condition/s in a responsible manner.