Options

Wogan Doing New Tv Show

emailsemails Posts: 11,282
Forum Member
✭✭
its in the audience tv ticket site SRO terry wogan is to host a new game show for channel 4 to be filmed at pinewood studios. never thought wogan would go to another tv company to host a tv show? i always thought he was loyal to the BBC .maybe i got that wrong i wounder if hes to share the same studio as weakest link & the IQ test ? my other question is why don't they send big brother to pinewood ? it would be a change than to let it carry on at elstree.sorry forgot to mention the shows called WOGANS TOTAL RECALL

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Wogan the best they can do these days? I'm sure he's expensive and I would say he's exactly cutting edge these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well they could of done, but thats whats just come up on the SRO audience ticket site
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wogan has a contract with BBC Radio. With television he is freelance and can work for whoever offers him work and he wants to do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh well there you go,i always thought he was glued to the BBC & never leave,obvously i was wrong
  • Options
    Carry On DoctorCarry On Doctor Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flying eye wrote: »
    Is Wogan the best they can do these days? I'm sure he's expensive and I would say he's exactly cutting edge these days.

I suppose one could say the same about the awful Des O'Connor hosting Countdown!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose one could say the same about the awful Des O'Connor hosting Countdown!

i have never really got into countdown,but saying that richard whitely owned the show ,it was his baby,in other words he was irraplasable
  • Options
    bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    flying eye wrote: »
    Wogan not cutting edge? When his radio show gets the most listeners of any show on British radio?

I think this is a shrewd move by C4, the new quiz is likely to attract a significant slice of Sir Tel's 8 million radio audience, and hopefully the TV show will feature more of the type of people who appreciate proper quizzes, and fewer of the hyped-up airheads who seem to appear on other shows.

Of course, I could be a tad biased, as I have an audition this week to be a contestant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i recal when terry did the dilema show DO THE RIGHT THING! at BBC television centre i tryed to get on the show:)
  • Options
    elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    i recal when terry did the dilema show DO THE RIGHT THING! at BBC television centre i tryed to get on the show:)

did you get on? have you tried for total recall?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did you get on? have you tried for total recall?

no fraid not & as for films,i'll pass on that one:D
  • Options
    elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no fraid not & as for films,i'll pass on that one:D

total recall is not a film it a quiz:p:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    total recall is not a film it a quiz:p:p:p

thats a new one on me,if someone come up to me & say total recal,the 1st thing that comes to my head is the film TOTAL RECAL. if not herd of the quiz side yet:)
  • Options
    the wellserthe wellser Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh well there you go,i always thought he was glued to the BBC & never leave,obvously i was wrong

He's done chat shows for UKTV and five.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must be honest Terry Wogan & Des O'Connor are in my very humble opinion--the two worst presenters on all the channels combined --:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    Wogan not cutting edge? When his radio show gets the most listeners of any show on British radio?

Of course, I could be a tad biased, as I have an audition this week to be a contestant!

That means he is popular. As a long established name, he is not cutting edge, as fine a broadcaster as he is.

Good luck with your audition!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's done chat shows for UKTV and five.

i havn't seen him on there to be honist