Microblading (eyebrows)

80sQueen80sQueen Posts: 792
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

Has anyone on here had it done and if so, were you happy with the results?

Would you recommend it?

Comments

• 80sQueen80sQueen Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one? :confused:
  • Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    80sQueen wrote: »
    Hi
    Would you recommend it?

Don't know what microblading is - please explain.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard of this before so I just Googled it, it sounds interesting!

http://www.instyle.com/news/what-is-eyebrow-microblading-guide-facts
  • Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    I've never heard of this before so I just Googled it, it sounds interesting!

http://www.instyle.com/news/what-is-eyebrow-microblading-guide-facts

Thanks Bex. I'll stick to using my kohl pencil and mascara brush - I achieve very similar result w/o having to shell out $800+ every 3 years or thereabouts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well, it seems it's not as popular as I thought.

Thanks anyway guys
  • Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I over-plucked my eyebrows for years back in the day.

I use a taupe-coloured brow powder. Brow powder is coarser than eyeshadow powder is.

Then I gently shape the brow using a blunt eyebrow pencil in brown.

(This is when I have to go out, BTW!)
  • JulielivvyJulielivvy Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi

Would you recommend it?

HI, I got mine microbladed in October 2015, it cost £230 and I totally love them. My before and after pics are amazing. After you get them done ( it takes roughly 1 and a half hours ) you need to wait 5-6 weeks to get your top up, you will probably hate them after the first week of getting them as your body rejects some of the ink and peels and fades!! But once you have your top up after 5 weeks then the result is great... I like my eyebrows really dark so in January 2016 I got another top up which was £50 and iam going for my 3rd top up next week which will cost £70 ( the longer you leave it the dearer the top up is ) they say it's meant to last up to 18months but like I say I got mine in October and there's no way mine would have lasted that long. Do I regret getting them done? Hell no lol I get so many compliments. Xx
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A girl at work has had it done and tbh her eyebrows look wonky and very false. She has a permenantly bewildered expression now.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microblading? Ain't that an extreme sport?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanx Julielivvy, I'm booked in now! Eeeek!

Oh dear pugamo I'll bear that in mind when she draws them up first
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to post an update...

I had them done in November, then topped up just before Christmas. Love them!

I would absolutely recommend them to any one following chemo, or if you just have bleh eyebrows with no shape, and you're sick of drawing them in every day.

I get loads of compliments about them and the lady who did mine has had lots of new appointments from people saying they've seen mine and want them doing.
  • Cupcake_PuppyCupcake_Puppy Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it like an eyebrow tattoo?
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    edited 10/03/17 - 15:30 #15
    So this is tattooing is it? Is it permenent? I ask because fashions change and what is good in one era can be really dating later in life. My aunt (long gone now) plucked all her eyebrows off and drew them on with a pencil. Once upon a time, I understand, that was the height of fashion. But by the time I knew her a natural brow was more the thing and she looked like a product of a bygone age - which she was and frankly pretty scary - which she wasn't. Her eyebrows stopped growing and she was stuck with drawing a line on instead. My concern would be that this fashion for heavy brows will fade away but you may be stuck with the look for life.

ETA - I watched a bit more and see it last 3 years - so not so risky.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eyebrows are arguably the most important facial feature

Yeah? Don't think so, mate.
  • mindfulmindful Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Would you recommend it?

Hi, someone at work had this done and it looks great, would never know it was tattoo. It took about an hour and bled a wee bit, but she seems pleased with it.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea if you like that groomed eyebrow look. Much better than that heavy, drawn-on-with-permanent marker look that a lot of young women seem to think looks fine :# At least it looks like individual hairs.
    I don't really understand this modern obsession with perfect eyebrows tbh, A quick tidy up of the stray ones that ruin the overall shape and Bob's your uncle if you ask me.
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great idea if you like that groomed eyebrow look. Much better than that heavy, drawn-on-with-permanent marker look that a lot of young women seem to think looks fine :# At least it looks like individual hairs.
    I don't really understand this modern obsession with perfect eyebrows tbh, A quick tidy up of the stray ones that ruin the overall shape and Bob's your uncle if you ask me.

From what I can see, very few look anything even approaching "perfect". I think the current trend for HD eyebrows is ridiculous and the sooner it does a death, the better. I've seen so many appalling sets of brows that I'm now self-conscious myself because I can't help staring at people who have them. I just can't believe that anyone imagines they look nice with these un-natural cartoon eyebrows. :p
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »

From what I can see, very few look anything even approaching "perfect". I think the current trend for HD eyebrows is ridiculous and the sooner it does a death, the better. I've seen so many appalling sets of brows that I'm now self-conscious myself because I can't help staring at people who have them. I just can't believe that anyone imagines they look nice with these un-natural cartoon eyebrows. :p

I think they look great
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »

I think they look great

Well, clearly some people do, otherwise they wouldn't proceed with it... but frankly, it looks bizarre.
  • ShalamaraShalamara Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree - they look ridiculous.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is tattooing is it? Is it permenent? I ask because fashions change and what is good in one era can be really dating later in life. My aunt (long gone now) plucked all her eyebrows off and drew them on with a pencil. Once upon a time, I understand, that was the height of fashion. But by the time I knew her a natural brow was more the thing and she looked like a product of a bygone age - which she was and frankly pretty scary - which she wasn't. Her eyebrows stopped growing and she was stuck with drawing a line on instead. My concern would be that this fashion for heavy brows will fade away but you may be stuck with the look for life.

Hah - for the past 50 years I've attempted to tame my eyebrows, which, left to their own devices would resemble Denis Healey. Plucking, waxing, threading, every 2 weeks to keep them looking halfway decent. Now they've stopped growing and I'm left with nondescript eyebrows, but the blighters don't give up easily. They've now all migrated to my chin!
  • ShalamaraShalamara Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »

Hah - for the past 50 years I've attempted to tame my eyebrows, which, left to their own devices would resemble Denis Healey. Plucking, waxing, threading, every 2 weeks to keep them looking halfway decent. Now they've stopped growing and I'm left with nondescript eyebrows, but the blighters don't give up easily. They've now all migrated to my chin!

The Dennis Healey look is so coming back into fashion - any time now, well within the next few years or decades or centuries :smiley: I have the reverse problem, mine are sparse and practically invisible but i'm old enough not to care :smile:
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shalamara wrote: »
    postit wrote: »

The Dennis Healey look is so coming back into fashion - any time now, well within the next few years or decades or centuries :smiley: I have the reverse problem, mine are sparse and practically invisible but i'm old enough not to care :smile:
    Haha! It's very liberating, isn't it.
    I feel quite sorry for young people with all the pressure to tow the fashion line. Mind you, I see plenty of women my own age who are fashion / grooming slaves. Why bother?

• Pearl McGPearl McG Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I had microblading done last June as my eyebrows are naturally a great shape but had become virtually non existent after the arch (not through over plucking).
    I wanted them to look natural and this is what I got. They look amazing. People don't realise it's a tattoo until they're told.