X Factor UK 2013:- 10th Anniversary Promo 1 - X Factor MASH UP!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a different upload by itv1
    http://youtu.be/z68AmwQ1ALc
  • spikerspiker Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Poor Rebecca.
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any of Rebecca's song would have fitted in the mash up maybe that's why it wasn't included .
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I know right? I was thinking "there's someone missing"

I mean Shayne Ward and Joe McElderry but no Rebecca Ferguson?

Shayne and Joe were winners - perhaps that is why Rebecca wasn't included.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's nice that Shayne and Joe were included as usually they're considered "flops" despite having pretty good careers after Simon left them to go it alone.

It's a shame Matt wasn't included as starlight could have tied in well, also Rebecca and Diana Vickers but I think it's lucky they included two male winners they usually ignore ;):p
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    That's exactly what I thought, perhaps he's bitter that she's done well without him.

Sorry but WHAT? :confused::confused::confused:

Rebecca IS signed to Simon's label.

3 Possible reasons:

1) Maybe it's just because that compared to every other artist produced by the X Factor (except maybe Leona), critics have deemed Rebecca a very credible artist - hence why here album got such good reviews. So Simon didn't want to infringe on that by involving her in this cheap mash-up which has glitzy XF stamped all over it.

2) That and she's more of an album artist...there's no single which people would think - oh I remember Rebecca Ferguson...Nothing's Real But Love was an incredible song though and anyone who heard it - I doubt would forget it. Saying that, none of her singles have done well enough. Her album on the whole on the other hand was received incredibly well.

3) Rebecca's very niche, I doubt they could integrate her very soft soulful album in this pop rock remix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice that Shayne and Joe were included as usually they're considered "flops" despite having pretty good careers after Simon left them to go it alone.

It's a shame Matt wasn't included as starlight could have tied in well, also Rebecca and Diana Vickers but I think it's lucky they included two male winners they usually ignore ;):p

100% agree.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a different upload by itv1
    http://youtu.be/z68AmwQ1ALc

TY as didn't see the long one. Poster in music forum says it is geared to 1D but not seeing it myself so a bit confused. The all seem to get equal time :confused:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Shayne and Joe were winners - perhaps that is why Rebecca wasn't included.

But so was Matt and Steve Moanstein:D
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Sorry but WHAT? :confused::confused::confused:

Rebecca IS signed to Simon's label.

3 Possible reasons:

1) Maybe it's just because that compared to every other artist produced by the X Factor (except maybe Leona), critics have deemed Rebecca a very credible artist - hence why here album got such good reviews. So Simon didn't want to infringe on that by involving her in this cheap mash-up which has glitzy XF stamped all over it.

2) That and she's more of an album artist...there's no single which people would think - oh I remember Rebecca Ferguson...Nothing's Real But Love was an incredible song though and anyone who heard it - I doubt would forget it. Saying that, none of her singles have done well enough. Her album on the whole on the other hand was received incredibly well.

3) Rebecca's very niche, I doubt they could integrate her very soft soulful album in this pop rock remix.
    That may be the case but it never felt like Simon had an influence over her career. It was Rebecca making most of the decisions.

Poor Misha B though :(
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manderley wrote: »
    Has Rebecca done something to upset uncle Simon?

No i don't think so. but Rebecca going out with zayn from one direction who was 6 years younger than her was not a issue.
    but who knows
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NO JEDWARD? :eek:
  • Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona, Alexandra, Misha <3
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

I know that and that is why I reckon it should only be the winners on any mash-up! There is way too much Olly on this one! :eek:
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen it on TV yet ? I just saw it on ITV 2
  • velixavelixa Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    NO JEDWARD? :eek:

And Chico! He was number 1 as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen it on TV yet ? I just saw it on ITV 2

seen it twice on ITV over the weekend
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »

And Leon!!
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we're not going to be getting a judges promo.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »

off course we will. we only at beginning of August. Id say beginning of next week we will have more promo's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra's bit is great. It helps that All Night Long is such a tune.
  • Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »

Which is what we need: ITV to tease the new format and panel! The mash up is great, but it isn't really promoting the show, isn't it more promoting the artists? :D;)
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they've finally realised that viewers care more about the acts than the judges. Then again, I'm sure they'll be an advert to come focussing on the panel :D.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Maybe they've finally realised that viewers care more about the acts than the judges. Then again, I'm sure they'll be an advert to come focussing on the panel :D.

I completely agree!!! Bringing Sharon back and the closed auditions will take us back to the days when it wasn't so important who won the fashion wars!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    So the five people of note who aren't in the mash-up are Steve Brookstein, Leon Jackson, Matt Cardle, Rebecca Ferguson and Diana Vickers.

To clarify, Steve Brookstein got the Christmas number one in 2004 with his cover of "Against All Odds" (but every winner goes to number one so that's nothing unique), then his next song "Fighting Butterflies" only got to number 193 (which means that about 500 people bought it). He's also sent scathing attacks to people associated with the show over the years, which is pretty much the only way he even gets himself any headlines nowadays. Therefore Steve has no right at all to be the mash-up advert and I'm glad he's not in it.

As for Leon Jackson, good voice, but the only reason he won because people felt sorry for him after he told us all about his less-than-fabulous upbringing. His next single, whilst charting at number 3, was pretty awful TBH. Then his third single only just made the top 100 and the fourth never charted at all. Therefore Leon really has nothing to contribute to the mash-up either.

Matt Cardle and Rebecca Ferguson - the've both got a tremendous voice but unfortunately they and Rebecca doesn't quite connect in the same way as the other finalists from their series, One Direction and (unfortunately) Cher Lloyd. Perhaps Matt's duet with Melanie C will do well in the chart, we'll have to wait and see. Some people actually claim that Harry Styles ruined Matt's career by whispering "Think how much pussy you're gonna get!" after Matt won his series. And as fireemblemcraze said, Rebecca is an album artist, not a single artist.

And Diana Vickers...well her number-one song "Once" would've fitted in perfectly so that I can't understand why she wasn't included.