Options

Hair-fall control

:cry::( Please do share some tips to stop my hair fall. My hair is not oily or dry type. Do climate change has anything to do with my hairfall? I'm using pantene shampoo. Is there anyone who has experienced the real results of using a good shampoo? Please do tell here. I just love long hair. I haven't done any straightening or coloring or something like that as I really do care my hair. The quantity of hair falling on my pillows,combs etc terrifies me daily. Please reply asap.

Comments

• Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,177
    Forum Member
    Shampoo isn't going to do it; it's function is to clean the scalp that's about it.

I use Biotin, full strength 10,000 MCG https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biotin-Supplement-Tablets-Nu-Nutrition/dp/B011LY3S7U/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1479795293&sr=8-1&keywords=biotin

Be patient you won't see results overnight but it will reduce hair fall quite dramatically in my experience and in a lot of cases it helps with hair thickness/density.

Good luck I know that hair fall can be quite distressing.
  • Options
    pamelapearlpamelapearl Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Wo..Thanks a lot.. I'm definitely going to try this.. :)
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,074
    Forum Member
    :cry::( Please do share some tips to stop my hair fall. My hair is not oily or dry type. Do climate change has anything to do with my hairfall? I'm using pantene shampoo. Is there anyone who has experienced the real results of using a good shampoo? Please do tell here. I just love long hair. I haven't done any straightening or coloring or something like that as I really do care my hair. The quantity of hair falling on my pillows,combs etc terrifies me daily. Please reply asap.

You're not abusing your hair with perming, straightening, colouring or extensions. An excellent start. Presumably you are eating a balanced diet, so not deficient in dietary requirements? It is quite normal to shed a little at certain times of the year, in my experience. However, if your hair is really thinning I would suggest a visit to your GP to have some tests done, especially for thyroid function.

I have always had long hair and people always comment on it. Even at my advanced age! Never abused it, life-long vegetarian, and even when I had to have my thyroid removed and go onto thyroid-replacement tablets for the rest of my life my hair looks great. I use different shampoos (but am fond of John Frieda frizzease) and almost always use either John Frieda Frizzease 6 effects serum (original) OR Aveda smooth infusion glossing straightener.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,094
    Forum Member
    theid wrote: »
    You're not abusing your hair with perming, straightening, colouring or extensions. An excellent start. Presumably you are eating a balanced diet, so not deficient in dietary requirements? It is quite normal to shed a little at certain times of the year, in my experience. However, if your hair is really thinning I would suggest a visit to your GP to have some tests done, especially for thyroid function.

I was going to say this. I find I lose more hair at certain times of the year than others, kinda in a cycle (although I've never paid much attention to what that cycle is). Also my hair is quite short at the moment, so that makes it harder to notice. Could it be that as the OP's hair is longer that makes any increased hair fall look much worse than it actually is? If it seems like an alarming amount then yes, tests would be sensible.
  • Options
    Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Pamelapearl are you still using Pantene shampoo there just may be an ingredient in it that you may be allergic to that is causing your hair to fall out? Maybe look for a very mild one similar to Aveeno shampoo or Simple Care Shampoo?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,177
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I was going to say this. I find I lose more hair at certain times of the year than others, kinda in a cycle (although I've never paid much attention to what that cycle is). Also my hair is quite short at the moment, so that makes it harder to notice. Could it be that as the OP's hair is longer that makes any increased hair fall look much worse than it actually is? If it seems like an alarming amount then yes, tests would be sensible.

Yes this is good advice; go to your GP OP and rule out any medical issues..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Forgot to warn against wearing your hair too often in a pony-tail or scraped back with an elasticated item of some sort. An Indian friend of mine did this all her life and ended up with male-pattern baldness so badly that she dyed her scalp to cover up how thin her hair was. It also snaps the hair. Try putting it up using "geisha pins" (https://www.banburypostiche.co.uk/HS2060-Geisha_Pin_Thick_Waved_(75mm)_Black_208) - this is a theatrical supplier and if you have heavy or thick hair they are essential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sophie_kin wrote: »
    Hello

When I was loosing my hair, I did take this:
    http://www.aroma-zen.com/en/natural-therapies/food-supplements/complex/hair-nail-90gelules-life-p-5478.html
    It was excellente for my hair!
    I stoppeded to loose them and they grow quicklier :)
    Have a nice day

Please note two things from this website (copied as shown):

(1) "This website contains a significant amount of informations. It is not a medical website. The exempted reflections, cannot in no case to replace a consultation in a doctor or a therapeutist that it returns to you to contact for your follow-up."

(2) "Special precautions
    Does not replace a food varied and balanced nor with a healthy lifestyle"
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, if you learn about the life cycle of the follicle and it's relation to hair growth, then you'll discover that hair loss is often linked to stress experienced 6-8 weeks prior to the experience of the hair loss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    OP, if you learn about the life cycle of the follicle and it's relation to hair growth, then you'll discover that hair loss is often linked to stress experienced 6-8 weeks prior to the experience of the hair loss.

How interesting, could you possibly point me to the best website because when I googled "the life cycle of the follicle" there was so many to choose from and most did not seem relevant. TIA
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lin4237 wrote: »
    How interesting, could you possibly point me to the best website because when I googled "the life cycle of the follicle" there was so many to choose from and most did not seem relevant. TIA

Google "dormant phase" + follicle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    Google "dormant phase" + follicle.
    Thanks
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suffered talogen effluvium a couple of years ago. I had a lot of stress in my life, and a lot of my hair thinned. It would thin in one area, start growing back and then another area would do the same.
    I tried a lot of things, I tried caffeine shampoos, nioxin scalp treatments, vitamins, head massages, well all sorts.
    What I found was the best things ever for me was to stop colouring my hair, I went sulphate free with my shampoos (Dr Organic from Holland and Barrett was a life saver), I took bamboo silica supplements from Natures Best, made sure I had plenty of B vitamins, so took a good supplement. I gave my scalp a regular massage using coconut oil with essential oils such as rosemary and peppermint to stimulate the scalp. I also looked at my stress and upset levels and tried to calm them with exercise.

I hope that helps :)