Options

3AM squeak, don't eat me

moon unitmoon unit Posts: 1,213
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For the last week, very late at night, I've been woken up by what I can only describe as a giant hamster having a serious argument with a seagull.

In the past I've heard foxes mating which sounds like something from the depths of hell (the first time I heard it I thought it was a woman screetching because of being attacked and almost called the police).

This is not the same noise and it's not cats fighting. It usually goes on for 5-20 minutes and always at 3-5am, and it's loud.

Any ideas? :)

Comments

• Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Aliens from the planet Zorg.
  • Options
    moon unitmoon unit Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe :)

I almost feel like an alien for asking and getting so few replies.

I expect it's badgers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go for the badger theory too. I once had the most amazing experience with two youngsters in our field. I stepped outside one summer's eve, and heard what I thought was two cats fighting. It was pitch black and I went down the field nearly to our stream, and was about to put my foot in to separate them, when I just about focused on two cubs play-fighting! They looked at me, and I looked at them, not sure who was the most surprised lol, but they ran off pretty quick. Something I'll never forget. :)

Only other thing that does make an awful, wailing noise is a rabbit caught in a snare, but I'd rather not even think about that - possibility where you live or no?
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Might be a cat catching a frog.

Seriously. Several years ago i was awoken at some ungodly hour by what I thought was a young female screaming. Turned out to be our cat having caught a large frog.

I was not impressed with our cat, and I don't think the poor frog was either.