I Just Got The Scent of My dog

cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
Forum Member
✭✭✭
But he passed away two years ago and I haven't replaced him.

I was just sitting here at the PC and got his odour. It's still here as I'm typing.

Weird.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird? Maybe, but smell is the most evocative of our senses & many powerful memories are triggered by scent. The triggers come from some of the most primitive parts of our brains & are hard-wired, instinctive memories rather than from the "higher" cognitive parts of the brain. Perhaps it was something else that triggered the memory & the remembrance of the scent was also recalled? I hope it was a pleasant experience with happy memories:).
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I catch a whiff of lavender, and although generally, I don't much believe in ghosts and stuff, its really comforting, as I feel my late Nan is nearby, because she was always spraying lavender about :)

And although I have never smelt Bilbo, I'm sure he visits me in my dreams, as I dream about him nearly night :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Perhaps its a sign that its time...?:(:)
  • ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »

I was just sitting here at the PC and got his odour. It's still here as I'm typing.

Weird.

I would find that a huge comfort.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »

Weird.

I know that feeling! Sometimes we can still hear Dolly's noises around the house and it's like she's still here. We take comfort in that :)