Options

Rita Ora - when will she stop stalking Rihanna and copying her?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2238657/Rita-Ora-beats-Rihanna-Fast-And-The-Furious-6-role.html

and yet again LOL. this just shows people think she is a second rate Rihanna. they couldn't get Rihanna, so they chose the other one hahahahaha
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2238657/Rita-Ora-beats-Rihanna-Fast-And-The-Furious-6-role.html

and yet again LOL. this just shows people think she is a second rate Rihanna. they couldn't get Rihanna, so they chose the other one hahahahaha

OMG lmao when will she give it up? She should count herself lucky she has the same management as her otherwise Rihanna would have gone in and dragged her and her career long ago....she is following everything Rihanna is doing right down to the movie roles...:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    OMG lmao when will she give it up? She should count herself lucky she has the same management as her otherwise Rihanna would have gone in and dragged her and her career long ago....she is following everything Rihanna is doing right down to the movie roles...:sleep:

And she just started getting big. That's the weird thing. Slow Don a bit. It hasn't even been a year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Rita found fame she was sporting bleach blonde tresses - just like the We Found Love singer.

I love that sentence in the Daily Fail article. I'm sure Rita had blonde hair before Rihanna.
    Spot the difference: Rita donned this backless black dress to a Cartier party in April, after Rihanna worn the number to the Grammys just two months earlier

They say that as if it is the EXACT same dress when the only similarity is the backless section :confused:

The way that article went on you would think Rihanna had trademarked all of those "styles".
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    And she just started getting big. That's the weird thing. Slow Don a bit. It hasn't even been a year.

She's not big anywhere besides the UK and well I can't really call her that big yet tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    odie8391 wrote: »
    I love that sentence in the Daily Fail article. I'm sure Rita had blonde hair before Rihanna.

They say that as if it is the EXACT same dress when the only similarity is the backless section :confused:

The way that article went on you would think Rihanna had trademarked all of those "styles".

But they even have similar looking tattoos in the same places, one of the rare occasions where I agree with the DM.....:-/
  • Options
    thegirlinpinkthegirlinpink Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Dynopia wrote: »
    She always stood out as a desperate wannabe for me.

This. She has no personality and even less star quality. R.I.P is a great song but I think it would have been even better sung by just about anyone else.

I don't know why she's being forced on us to the extent that she is. Her people have tried to make her an instant star but it doesn't work for me. I've felt like I'm being brainwashed into thinking she's this huge icon ever since she was a judge on the XF. I mean, why should someone who has only been around for five minutes and has such a forced buzz around her be judging anyone else? Ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are all of her songs something that was meant for another artist? I just found out that DJ Fresh wanted Hot Right Now to go to Jessie J and he was making it specifically for her, but Jessie's management let Rita have it instead and didn't even let Jessie bother with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are all of her songs something that was meant for another artist? I just found out that DJ Fresh wanted Hot Right Now to go to Jessie J and he was making it specifically for her, but Jessie's management let Rita have it instead and didn't even let Jessie bother with it.

Yep....there were also rumours that Fall In Love was the song that was rejected by both Cher Lloyd and Cheryl Cole before it was passed on to Miss Ora and How We Do (written by Bonnie Mckee) was rejected by Nicole in favour of Tomorrow Never Dies. Also it looks like producers can't even be bothered to make original beats for her half the songs are just her singing over DJ beats that have been available for ages.

Rather ironic considering she made such a big fuss when she lied and said she rejected Call My Name before Cheryl heard it. Most of her music are just demos rejected by other artists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Yep....there were also rumours that Fall In Love was the song that was rejected by both Cher Lloyd and Cheryl Cole before it was passed on to Miss Ora and How We Do (written by Bonnie Mckee) was rejected by Nicole in favour of Tomorrow Never Dies. Also it looks like producers can't even be bothered to make original beats for her half the songs are just her singing over DJ beats that have been available for ages.

Rather ironic considering she made such a big fuss when she lied and said she rejected Call My Name before Cheryl heard it. Most of her music are just demos rejected by other artists.

So that's pretty much all her singles, which went to number one. Basically, her whole career success is based off of potential success of other artists because as people have said, pretty much anyone can sing her songs because they sound like each one of those artists anyway. What a shame. I view taking music much different than taking someone's potential acting role. It's much harder to make music become you and I think Rita has shown that.