Britney Spears 'Work Bitch' Out Now on UK iTunes!!

2»

Comments

• So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down to #18 on iTunes. Looks like Work Bitch could spend only a week in the UK Top 20!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Down to #18 on iTunes. Looks like Work Bitch could spend only a week in the UK Top 20!

Impressive for a song that has literally had 0 airplay, especially for Britney who hasn't been doing so well since the Circus single.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

thanks for the running commentary.:) i was surprised to see you not tracking the progress of gaga's latest single in the us this week though. i mean, it dropped 45 places on the hot 100 this week, but i didn't notice you posting about that when it happened, not like when you posted about it charting at #13 the week previously.:D so that is also only one in week in the top 20 for her so far, is it not? i am aware of how the us charts work though and the fortune of that single could very well improve, but its a dreadful result all the same for now. i guess you must have been too busy tracking britney's progress.;)

anyhow, its hardly surprising britney's song is under performing. no performances during her promotional visit, the late release of the song with no benefit of building up any buzz through airplay and even the video was released over a month ago.:o its been a messy release across the board really and i am surprised she didn't promote it more. i assume she must be working hard on her vegas début.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Work Bitch' has landed in at #7 on the Official UK Singles Chart this week, making it Britney Spears' 23rd UK TOP 10 hit.

Congrats!
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    'Work Bitch' has landed in at #7 on the Official UK Singles Chart this week, making it Britney Spears' 23rd UK TOP 10 hit.

Congrats!

That's impressive imo!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news will someone get the sales? And compare them with her other debuts please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    snip

Nice attempt on trying to start a fan-war gpk, if a little surprising. Where's your sarky thanks for umr3000, Tyleer or Zone_Out for their chart updates?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice attempt on trying to start a fan-war gpk, if a little surprising. Where's your sarky thanks for umr3000, Tyleer or Zone_Out for their chart updates?

lmao.:D i have no vested interest in either britney or gaga really, but i admit there was sarcasm in my reply.:o

anyway, congratulations to britney. :) another top 10 hit despite little physical promotion.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah a top 10 for Britney.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmao.:D i have no vested interest in either britney or gaga really, but i admit there was sarcasm in my reply.:o are you suggesting that your updates were in response to other forum petty behaviour?

anyway, congratulations to britney. :) another top 10 hit with little physical promotion.

No, I was asking why your attitude madam was directed solely towards me and not any of the other people in this thread providing updates. I posted two updates (ten iTunes positions apart!) and a correction - hardly littering the place with constant up-to-date Britney news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I was asking why your attitude madam was directed soley towards me and not any of the other people in this thread providing updates. I posted two updates (ten iTunes positions apart!) and a correction - hardly littering the place with constant up-to-date Britney news.

madam?!:p the reason why i make that sarcastic joke was due to series of negative responses you made about her song falling down the itunes chart and your last prediction just seemed ironic considering the same thing happened to gaga this week. sorry if the irony and indeed the joke was not amusing for you.:)
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I'm happy for her. I would have liked it to go top 5 but with zero airplay, no promotion.. I'm happy for her.

They could have got easily top 3 song if they promoted it enough.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I'm happy for her. I would have liked it to go top 5 but with zero airplay, no promotion.. I'm happy for her.

They could have got easily top 3 song if they promoted it enough.

I completely agree with you, Work Bitch had all it takes to gain a higher position, #7 without radio support proves it. It's just a shame that so far she has not performed her new music at all, here's hoping next single 'Perfume' get much better treatment and Britney actually performs it live.... would an X Factor performance here in the UK at the end of this month be too much to ask for...?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news will someone get the sales? And compare them with her other debuts please.

I can't help with her other debuts but - #7 Work Bitch (31,783).

And currently #28 on iTunes as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    lmao.:D i have no vested interest in either britney or gaga really, but i admit there was sarcasm in my reply.:o

anyway, congratulations to britney. :) another top 10 hit despite little physical promotion.

For someone with no interest in Britney or Gaga you do talk about them a lot...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help with her other debuts but - #7 Work Bitch (31,783).

And currently #28 on iTunes as well.

Is that good for her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JakeM641 wrote: »
    For someone with no interest in Britney or Gaga you do talk about them a lot...

i wrote i had no vested interest not "no interest" at all.:confused:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    I completely agree with you, Work Bitch had all it takes to gain a higher position, #7 without radio support proves it. It's just a shame that so far she has not performed her new music at all, here's hoping next single 'Perfume' get much better treatment and Britney actually performs it live.... would an X Factor performance here in the UK at the end of this month be too much to ask for...?

It would have been way higher than 7 had she performed it on X Factor. I will never forget how 'Til The World Ends' became the top trend on Twitter with people asking what the song was after it was played on EastEnders. Just goes to show how little exposer she has in the UK thesedays.

But you have to put this into prospective. Britney is 14 years into her career and its a career that peaked several years ago. So any top 10 hit is a good thing for her.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I relented and got this today. I'm about 30 years older than her target audience but I still quite like it :o
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I relented and got this today. I'm about 30 years older than her target audience but I still quite like it :o

And who is Britney's target audience these days? Teenagers? Students? I'm 23 and I've been a fan since the Baby One More Time days. I've always remained loyal to Britney even during her breakdown.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Is that good for her?
    I was expecting around 40k, considering it was up for pre order for so long, but over 30k in one week for Britney is good.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And who is Britney's target audience these days?

Certainly not a 43 year old man I imagine :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly not a 43 year old man I imagine :D

Im guessing the majority are loyal fans that have grew up with her