Help understanding a Masthead

dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
Forum Member
Hi. Recently bought an Optima 4 Masthead. My house is brand new and has wall outlets in every room. I've discovered that the reason the masthead wouldn't work was because the outlets are all isolated.

If I replace the outlet in one of the bedrooms with a non isolated one to get the power up into the loft will the masthead then be able to send a good to signal for all the other wall outlets? Or do I need to replace all of them?

I'd rather not mess with the outlet in the living room as it is one of those "media plates" with 20,000 other connections attached to it including electrical plugs :D

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    Hi. Recently bought an Optima 4 Masthead. My house is brand new and has wall outlets in every room. I've discovered that the reason the masthead wouldn't work was because the outlets are all isolated.

If I replace the outlet in one of the bedrooms with a non isolated one to get the power up into the loft will the masthead then be able to send a good to signal for all the other wall outlets? Or do I need to replace all of them?

I'd rather not mess with the outlet in the living room as it is one of those "media plates" with 20,000 other connections attached to it including electrical plugs :D
    Isolated means they block DC voltages, hence why the power supply doesn't work. Would be pretty pointless fitting sockets that block Radio Frequency signals on an aerial outlet after all :)

Provided the masthead amp can accept power on any outlet or you make sure you connect the un-isolated feed to the correct outlet then you only need change the socket in one room.
  • dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Isolated means they block DC voltages, hence why the power supply doesn't work. Would be pretty pointless fitting sockets that block Radio Frequency signals on an aerial outlet after all :)

Provided the masthead amp can accept power on any outlet or you make sure you connect the un-isolated feed to the correct outlet then you only need change the socket in one room.

Thanks for confirming what I was hoping. Just waiting for the non isolated wall plate to get delivered. ;-)