Britney Spears - If You Seek Amy (the actual meaning is) F. U. C. K Me

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Agree with you there. Its a good song and I've heard more explicit songs than that. A lot of rap songs have rather questionable lyrics.

I suppose the main issue with the rap song comparison is the audience that Britney Spears generally reaches in comparison with rap artists, ie. the bulk of her songs are played on Chart/Pop stations that reach a pretty massive audience, whereas rap artists are usually featured on stations that specifically play a certain genre and reaches a lesser audience. Not that it impacts on my opinion at all, I just think that's the key reasoning behind any bad press. Britney Spears is massive.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief how outrageous. I may phone the local police about this. Someone tell GG Allin's widow her husbands crown has been stolen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the big deal - rappers have had far worse words in their songs. For some reason some people still think Britney is suitable for children but she hasn't been since her third album!
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    I still don't know why it caused such a storm in the US. Haven't the US ever heard Eminem's songs?
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    exactly, its becuase its Britney Spears who is still seen as a the bubble gum pop image, her sound has changed dramaticly since the release of Blackout which alot of artist need to do to keep up with rival artitst look at Madonnas Sound she done alot of different styles like Hard Candy which went down the RnB route
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    exactly, its becuase its Britney Spears who is still seen as a the bubble gum pop image, her sound has changed dramaticly since the release of Blackout which alot of artist need to do to keep up with rival artitst look at Madonnas Sound she done alot of different styles like Hard Candy which went down the RnB route

Well as Polka.dott said, Britney's been going down this road since her third album, it's no big secret. Blackout, whilst potentially her best work, was reportedly pretty much her record company dragging her into the studio to record an album. I'd say Blackout's potentially one of the reasons Madonna went down that road, singing its praises etc. It's a great contemporary pop record, Circus being essentially the same sort of thing but a bit lighter, as was In The Zone. Britney's done just about EVERYTHING to tarnish any bubblegum pop image she may have had in the past.