The Hotel :: Channel 4 :: 8pm :: Part 2

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Hey guys...
    after asking myself `why am i watching this` for so long.. (watched original series but couldnt understand why i found it so addicting lol)
    i finally got really into the hotel series a month or two ago when the latest series started!

However.. the last two episodes despite some of the hillarious things (mark with brown face) it has been hard to `laugh out loud`, because behind alll the editing, and the extremely annoying christian who THANK GOD is gone! .. this is a man who looks at this point of the series to be on a nervous breakdown!

Its so hard to go from seeing a funny thing happen in the hotel, to then see mark all sad in the back having a ciggie!

And this is why the last couple of episodes i have watched but i havent enjoyed :(

Ps i am so glad to see the back of christian..... he is such a lazy ass god knows what.. and if not for him.. a good events manager who actualy did and promoted things, could have made the money to have made sure things didnt go the way they did in the end!

Hope christian is never hired by a hotel company again!

According to mark in his arguement with christian before he gave his notice... the hotel was in a financial mess for many years..... maybe he thought the money (which they surely get), from the filming, would save the hotel i dont` know!

But the whole financial problems/closure threats have ruined and put a huge sour note on what was was of the coolest, funniest and most original tv series for a long time!
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to tonight's episode. It's such a shame Mark couldn't make it work, but he really didn't manage very well. He seemed to let everyone else get on with it and then complain when they got it wrong, rather than check, coach and be the boss.

If he'd spent more time checking on the costs that were being charged for the events etc he'd have made more margin, rather than allowing an events manager to run it at a loss. He hired a hotel inspector and then didn't listen to the advice, again typical of a lot of the hotels from Channel 4's hotel inspector.

He should never have made Christian the events manager and should have hired a marketing and events manager, who would do deals with attraction to do weekend packages and host events etc. Package up something more than just a hotel.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Anyone know what the special announcement is going to be?

I don't know but he's going on and on about this announcement on FB!
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know but he's going on and on about this announcement on FB!

Saw that. Apparently he's going to announce something at 9pm on FB....

Have a feeling it will be a bit of an anticlimax...
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He might be selling up the big hotel and buying a smaller one that is easier to manage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    He wasn't the only investor in the company. He said as much in the last episode - someone had invested the year before, which pulled the hotel back from the brink then, when he was 15 says away from closing it completely.

The woman who was typing the memo to all staff about attending the meeting --- it was clearly stated in a conversation she was having with someone else that Mark owed her a lot of money she'd never get back. I assumed she may have been the 'individual' who invested? How very sad if she was.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silent 's' ffs! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Does Alison really work at Spar now, or was that a joke on here?

It was def said she works at a Spar now but at the time I remember wondering if they meant a 'spa' as in health centre?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was def said she works at a Spar now but at the time I remember wondering if they meant a 'spa' as in health centre?

No, it was definitely Spar ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it was definitely Spar ;)

What's Spar?
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,362
    Forum Member
    I shall miss this show next week :cry:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    It comes from here posted by a guy who was on series 2

was this ex-worker and Spar:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's Spar?

A supermarket :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A supermarket :D

Ahh thanks..We don't have them here..Is it a posh one?
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm ready to check in for this week's stay :)
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    I'm ready to check in for this week's stay :)

me too, popcorn ready. I can see me getting quite sad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member

It's more of a convenience store than a supermarket and no, it's not posh. :D
    Forum Member

nooooo, like a 7-11 convenience store
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Will this be the last one ever:(,,,,now we know what has gone on behind the scenes i can't see how they can bring it back
  • whufcwhufc Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Might be another hotel like the 1st series
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    Will this be the last one ever:(,,,,now we know what has gone on behind the scenes i can't see how they can bring it back

They could just take it to another hotel like they did before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    What happend behind the scenes?

Also I need a tissue!! Why do all my favourite things come to an end...:(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    indie.star wrote: »
    They could just take it to another hotel like they did before.

it won't be with Mark though:cry:

:D
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,006
    Forum Member
    Do you think C4 will take on another sloppy hotel to follow next year, or this will be the end of the series forever? I missed the first series, so wondered why they switched to The Grosvenor then...?
    Forum Member
    He pronounced Grosvenor correctly on the phone!