Partial refund Ebay con

gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
Forum Member
just a heads up

I recently sold a samsung tablet on ebay the buyer paid £180 and paid thru paypal

they received the tablet but instantly opened a "not as described" case saying iplayer was blocking and dropping
I said poor internet signal so
I said return the tablet for full refund, they refused and said give me £90 partial refund I said no its not faulty its your internet but just return for full refund again only wanted a partial refund,then they just emailed every day asking for £90 then it dropped to £50
I refused and offered full refund on return looked at there feedback and seems the last 2 items had had the same problem i wrote to ebay telling them this they ignored it
after 8 days they escalated it and ebay just gave them £50 from ebay funds and closed the case
I didnt lose out

looking at the ebay forums it appears rife that ebay just gives people money as partial refunds not good but what can you do

I think this all stems from ebay dropping neg feedback for buyers

it changed the game and put all the power in the buyers hands as they could do what they want and never recieve negative feedback

in my case people had to leave POSITIVE feed back just so they could comment

Comments

• Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    i agree ebay should never have stopped the negitive feedback optition,but ebay is all for the seller, not the buyer as the buyer dosent pay fees like the seller does,