70s General Hospital

moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
Forum Member
I loved this show and would love to see it on Satelitte tv /sky.A soap channel I think would definitely go down well with people and putting this on again and other forgotton soaps from the 70s 80s 90s andclassic Australian soaps.Does anyone else agree with me. And the brilliant Wilde Alliance.

Comments

• katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes i would love to see some of those forgotten shows like Harriet's back in town and Marked Personal.They remind of being off school in the 70s
  • Ian K McIan K Mc Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Wilde Alliance is available from Network DVD. I had never seen it before I bought it but I really enjoyed it. There is a release of General hospital. A Season 2 was supposed to come out but was delayed. The first episodes of Harriet and Marked Personal are on the Network soap release. I too would like to see a full release of Harriet on DVD.
  • sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I loved General Hospital. I can remember the grumpy Mr. Parker Brown. I can also remember an Australian hospital show in the 1980's that had a Sister Scott in but can't remember what it was called.

I really would love to see Macmillan and Wife with Rock Hudson and Susan St. James again and also the Devlin Connection with Rock Hudson and Jack Scalia.

The list is endless and would include also American shows such as Rhoda.
  • eurofandaveeurofandave Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    sej17 wrote: »
    I loved General Hospital. I can remember the grumpy Mr. Parker Brown. I can also remember an Australian hospital show in the 1980's that had a Sister Scott in but can't remember what it was called.

I really would love to see Macmillan and Wife with Rock Hudson and Susan St. James again and also the Devlin Connection with Rock Hudson and Jack Scalia.

Ahhh Sister Scott,now there is a blast from the past lol.That character was in The Young Doctors :)
  • sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Ahhh Sister Scott,now there is a blast from the past lol.That character was in The Young Doctors :)

The Young Doctors, that's it. I had forgotten the name. Sister Scott wasn't a fluffy touchy feely type from what I remember and didn't suffer fools. I think it's why I can remember her.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone around here old enough to remember Emergency Ward 10 (1957-67) from ATV which must have been about the first hospital soap on British TV.
  • kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I remember Emergency Ward 10 being on and my mum and older sister being hooked! Wasn't John Alderton in it?

Also, going down the afternoon soaps route, what about A Country Practice and The Sullivans?
  • peter_jenkins2peter_jenkins2 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Very little chance of General Hospital being aired . There are hundreds of episodes missing from the early series when it was a half hour soap.
    Not sure of the archive status of the reformatted one hour peaktime version but if its like practically every other ATV drama before 1976 then there's unlikely to be complete series available.

As someone else said . this is the best option for seeing samples of vintage soaps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soap-Box-One-Julie-Goodyear/dp/B004W2JWAG/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1375735572&sr=1-1&keywords=soap+box

Even the series 1 dvd set of General Hospital points out that the dvd's contain all that are left in the archive - most are B&W recordings as the colour masters were wiped - and lots of episodes don't exist at all

But GH is not alone .
    ATV's police series from 1973-1976 Hunters Walk is also out and there are only 10 left out of 39 - again some are only in B&W
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tony Adams was a bit of a heart-throb I recall as Dr Neville Bywaters in General Hospital...though I preferred Tom Adams (even though I was v young !)Don't know whether you know but there are full episodes of McMillan and Wife on You Tube...know its not the same as it being shown again on the telly but maybe a quick fix ! The theme tune by Jerry Fielding was good too and Nancy Walker great as the wise cracking housekeeper.
    Forum Member
    McMillan And Wife is out on dvd although I think the US has more series of it than we do.
    Forum Member

Rhoda

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_0?rh=n%3A283926%2Ck%3Arhoda&keywords=rhoda&ie=UTF8&qid=1375739619&rnid=1642204031
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Sister Scott, she morphed into Morag in Home and Away. I also remember Crown Court, a program called Rooms and The Cedar Tree, all on in the afternoons.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    I remember Sister Scott, she morphed into Morag in Home and Away. I also remember Crown Court, a program called Rooms and The Cedar Tree, all on in the afternoons.

Didnt Cornelia Frances appear in the 'other' Itv Aussie afternoon staple, Sons and Daughters, at some point.
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Didnt Cornelia Frances appear in the 'other' Itv Aussie afternoon staple, Sons and Daughters, at some point.

I think so but I didn't really watch that, I do however remember the theme tune.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazziecon wrote: »
    I remember Emergency Ward 10 being on and my mum and older sister being hooked! Wasn't John Alderton in it?

Also, going down the afternoon soaps route, what about A Country Practice and The Sullivans?

The Sullivans seemed to run for ever - must have been hundreds of episodes.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Just watched series 1 with among other gust stars
    Lindia Bellingham joana Lumley and Ray lonneon
    But s2 gonna be some time as its not due pre-release full
    2019:eek:
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember my mum watching this when I was a kid after school. She always fancied Dr. Bywaters who later appeared in Crossroads. I think he was married to Jill

Also remember the Sullivans. It used to be on around lunchtimes when I was a kid.
    The programmes you remember