Obama the warmonger got scared and back tracked lol!

2»

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    magratx wrote: »
    You mean those cuddly, morally upstanding rebels,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24039309

An Italian war correspondent held captive by multiple armed groups in Syria has spoken of how he was treated "like an animal".

Yeah, many of the rebels have ties to the very extremists that the US claims is the reason for the wide spread surveillence of their own citizens. Now, they are giving these same rebels anti surveillence technology. Irony doesn't cover it.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obama puts his troops on hold no surprise there then all talk no action
    What would you have him do? Go to war purely to please people like yourself who presumably consider him weak for not doing what we all assumed he would?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Obama is nowhere near as much of a warmongerer as Bush Snr and Bush Jnr et al.

at least when given an option, Obama has taken the decision to see how it pans out - neither of the Bush's would have, they would have just gone in, all guns blazing, thinking about the megabucks contracts they could award to Halliburton at the end.

The west should stay out of this just like we did when millions were being murdered in Rwanda by the government and the rebels, The Genocide in Darfur.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't vouch for the validity of this claim considering the source(s). But interesting nonetheless

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/09/10/323066/un-says-syria-attack-videos-fake-russia/

UN rights council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake: Russia
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Also, i have enjoyed watching this double dealing, lying donkey/monkey of a war monger get humiliated and outclassed by Putin.
    :

Anybody know what a donkey/monkey and a monger are ?:confused:
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,874
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Obama is not a warmonger though, isn't that the point.

He's never been a confrontational president.

Every bit of the US take on this simply parallels the British take - two countries that largely police the world (because it can't chuffing well behave itself) whose people have turned round and said 'ENOUGH', we don't want involving THIS time'.

And it was a fair, democratic call. Both leaders have listened.

Obama's hands are tied by whatever he does but if you, brave keyboard warrior, OP, would like to see a World War Three then by all means go sign up for conscription. It's never humiliating or wrong to walk away from something that may have far, far worse repercussions for a lot more people.

That's exactly how I see things too- there are posters on this thread who I am sure think this is a game, and not going in and bombing willy nilly is a sign of cowardice. It's not- for once the world leaders are talking- which is a relief and hopefully will mark a change in the way things are dealt with.

And all you people champing at the bit for WW3- watch Threads, it's on youtube and easily found, watch it all the way through if your attention span can hold out for 112 minutes, and then ask yourself if that's really what you want.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Oh Oshama the coward talked a good fight and after all the talk he got scared of taking the vote to congress. I guess he did not want to be humiliated like this poodle Cameron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24043751

Also, i have enjoyed watching this double dealing, lying donkey/monkey of a war monger get humiliated and outclassed by Putin.

He back tracked a lot and jumped back and forth over this yellow line. :D

Oh and this Obominbation still needs to hand back his Nobel peace prize:rolleyes:

You'd be singing a different song if he'd had the shit bombed out of the place instead wouldn't you.

IMO there's only one donkey/monkey here and he's abandoned his thread.
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Obama you are NOT the worlds policeman so dont forget that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    Whoever was in the 'right', this in unquestionably an embarrassment for Obama. He was rash to be so gung-ho in the first place though, he totally mis-read the west's desire for another war.

How dare you criticise Obama, that's racist.

Actually many countries already exhibited racist tendencies when they refused to join Obama's call for war.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    People seem to think every one will follow America...regardless...:\
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Oshama the coward talked a good fight and after all the talk he got scared of taking the vote to congress. I guess he did not want to be humiliated like this poodle Cameron.

Oh and this Obominbation still needs to hand back his Nobel peace prize:rolleyes:

Actually Putin offered him a face saving way out of something I don't think he really wanted to do in the first place. It's entirely possible this was cooked up between them.

I don't believe Cameron wanted to be involved either. Hence various ministers/MP's suddenly developing hearing issues prior to the vote, and not hearing the bell. He did take defeat surprisingly well ~ don't you think ? Plus there is absolutely no talk of his position as PM being weakened or compromised by the loss.

Oh and finally, I note he then ruled out any military action by the UK ~ and that would be irrespective of what might take place in the UN at a later date.

He "gets it" ~ of course he does, and always did.

It all fits together very nicely.
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    Military action was to try and make sure it doesn't happen again. Now it seems diplomacy could do the same without bombings and more deaths. Surely most people with a 'moral compass' would want that?

^^^^This spot on!
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still confused what the UN does? There's the news US and Britain considering military action without UN approval. So ok good neither have. But when does UN give the green light or act? How does it step in to stop this happening?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    So do we just stand by while innocent people are gassed with chemical weapons ?

I wonder sometimes if people like OP have any moral compass :rolleyes:

Well seeing as the rebels are now with al qaeda then I don't blame anyone in the west
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    still confused what the UN does? There's the news US and Britain considering military action without UN approval. So ok good neither have. But when does UN give the green light or act? How does it step in to stop this happening?

We might soon find out. There is a meeting of the 5 permanent members tonight. All about Syria.
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    We might soon find out. There is a meeting of the 5 permanent members tonight. All about Syria.

ah thats interesting. will look out for news on that
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Obama is not a warmonger though, isn't that the point.

He's never been a confrontational president.

Every bit of the US take on this simply parallels the British take - two countries that largely police the world (because it can't chuffing well behave itself) whose people have turned round and said 'ENOUGH', we don't want involving THIS time'.

And it was a fair, democratic call. Both leaders have listened.

Obama's hands are tied by whatever he does but if you, brave keyboard warrior, OP, would like to see a World War Three then by all means go sign up for conscription. It's never humiliating or wrong to walk away from something that may have far, far worse repercussions for a lot more people.

This.

And also, a situation like this is never as simple as the public gets to see. I always thought Carter handled the Iranian Embassy Siege badly until I read a book with all the released details. The complicated international diplomacy involved over Syria - perhaps even using the threat of force to drag people to the table with a different solution - will not be know to us ordinary folk for years, if ever. We see what they want/need us to see.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,403
    Forum Member

I am heartily sick and tired of Assad's useful idiots having a pop at Obama. The real war criminals in this case are Assad and his odious regime for using nerve gas against unarmed civilians in a suburb of Damascus in the first place thus slaughtering hundreds of innocent people, a majority of whom were women, children and teenagers.

Presidents Obama and Hollande should instead be congratulated for standing up to the Syrian government war criminals and if it had not been for their strong stance on this matter then there would have been no current discussions about Syria putting its chemical weapons under international control.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have long been a believer that what politicians see/what files come across their desks about the 'activities' of others is so truly terrifying it would make peoples hair curl if they knew.

So I again look forward to people like the OP being actually called up - with their 'bomb da sheet, lol' attitudes - to the middle east when ground boots are needed for his 'WW3' because I can guarantee he'll have suddenly emigrated, vanished or joined an anti-war commune.

As has been pointed out, we see only a fraction of what high-ranking defence staff/politicians see. And none of it should be scoffed at imo.
  • drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Putin played him if you ask me. He spent weeks trying to convince everybody that the rebels had used the chemical weapons on their own fighters to stir up anger against Assad. Most of the world, including the US didn't buy it, and as soon as it looks like a US strike could be likely, Putin does a complete u-turn and decides it was in fact Assad forces that used them, and announces this plan, most likely to try and make Obama look like a fool.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. In purely diplomatic terms Putin has run rings around Obama and made him seem very foolish. But in moral terms I find the Russian's stance pretty disgraceful. To talk about finding a peaceful solution while you're continuing to supply the regime with weapons which you know are being used to massacre civilians is beyond contempt really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let us not forget that Barack Hussein Obama remains an Inexperienced Novice.
  • coolmum123coolmum123 Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    This.

And also, a situation like this is never as simple as the public gets to see. I always thought Carter handled the Iranian Embassy Siege badly until I read a book with all the released details. The complicated international diplomacy involved over Syria - perhaps even using the threat of force to drag people to the table with a different solution - will not be know to us ordinary folk for years, if ever. We see what they want/need us to see.

Hi Jesaya,

What was the title of the book please? I would be interested in reading it. Thanks :)
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Why not? The US did nothing when Israel used chemical weapons on Palestinians.

Israel is an ally of the US. Don't you get that. Most of the Arab nations want Israel eliminated, to quote 'pushed into the sea'. So, IMO, it would be obvious why no action would have been taken. That is one of the unfortunate effects of war.
    klendathu wrote: »
    The anti US brigade are out in force once again :rolleyes:

Plus the anti Israeli brigade, as usual. As I've tried to point out countless times, the state of Israel isn't going anywhere for the time being. They will defend themselves to the death and I'm sorry if that offends some politically correct liberals here, but it is the situation. Israel is very well armed. Common knowledge, I would have thought. It's a simple choice. Survive or die for the state of Israel.