how much are madonna tixs usually?

kylie_madonnakylie_madonna Posts: 405
Forum Member
Ive never seen Madonna before I really wanna next time she tours. But I've heard friends and people say her ticket prices are ridiculously high, is this true.?

Comments

• chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid 300$ for a standing ticket in a field for her MDNA tour in 2012
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I paid about £70 to see her in Edinburgh for MDNA. The seats were the cheapest and were at the back. I'll definitely be paying more next time.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girlie show was the last one I went too...though I cannot remember how much I paid. These days I would expect prices would start from £60-£80 for the cheapest seats.
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Standing gold circle in stadium has been around £100. General standing in stadium has been around £80. Seats in stadiums have ranged from around £300 - £65.

Arenas can be far more expensive and I think that's what the UK will get next year. I would expect tickets £300 - £130.

Don't expect lots of classic hit singles, Madonna tends to tour the latest album and the concert will be heavy on new material.

If you go enjoy.
  • kylie_madonnakylie_madonna Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Thanks I thought she charged quite heavy. That's disappointing.
  • madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends very much on what tier pricing as this can vary so much. Also packages of early entry, golden circle etc. I went and grabbed the ticket stubs I have and here's the breakdown the prices shown are the Face Value printed on ticket. Usually a booking fee is added in the early tours this used to be about £1.50 -£5 but in recent years ticket master, Live Nation can charge up to £20.

Who's that Girl Tour £15 (general admission)
    Blond Ambition Tour £20 (general admission)
    The Girlie Show £35 ( general admissions) Seated (£47.50)
    Drowned World Tour £40 (cheapest seating price at back) Think top price was about £70
    Re Invention (£150) top price seated
    Confessions Tour Cardiff £150 Wembley Arena £160 Top tier price seated
    Sticky and Sweet Cardiff £150 (seated) Wembley £85 Golden circle standing.
    Sticky and Sweet 09 02 London £175 (top tier Seated)
    MDNA Tour £140 ( lost stub think this was tier 2)
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Make sure you leave a few hours spare after the show is meant to finish. She doesn't worry too much about being on time,
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    The girlie show was the last one I went too...though I cannot remember how much I paid. These days I would expect prices would start from £60-£80 for the cheapest seats.
    madiain28 wrote: »
    Depends very much on what tier pricing as this can vary so much. Also packages of early entry, golden circle etc. I went and grabbed the ticket stubs I have and here's the breakdown the prices shown are the Face Value printed on ticket. Usually a booking fee is added in the early tours this used to be about £1.50 -£5 but in recent years ticket master, Live Nation can charge up to £20.

Who's that Girl Tour £15 (general admission)
    Blond Ambition Tour £20 (general admission)
    The Girlie Show £35 ( general admissions) Seated (£47.50)
    Drowned World Tour £40 (cheapest seating price at back) Think top price was about £70
    Re Invention (£150) top price seated
    Confessions Tour Cardiff £150 Wembley Arena £160 Top tier price seated
    Sticky and Sweet Cardiff £150 (seated) Wembley £85 Golden circle standing.
    Sticky and Sweet 09 02 London £175 (top tier Seated)
    MDNA Tour £140 ( lost stub think this was tier 2)

The Girlie Show was the last time I saw her as well. It wasn't a patch on BA IMO, but I still really enjoyed it, but people were leaving before the show had finished IIRC.

Interesting to see the prices, thank you for posting those. I was only 12 when I attended the WGT tour, but £15.00 would have been a hell of a lot of money for me then. I think I earned £7.50 P/W doing my paper round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    The Girlie Show was the last time I saw her as well. It wasn't a patch on BA IMO, but I still really enjoyed it, but people were leaving before the show had finished IIRC.

Interesting to see the prices, thank you for posting those. I was only 12 when I attended the WGT tour, but £15.00 would have been a hell of a lot of money for me then. I think I earned £7.50 P/W doing my paper round.

Wish I could have done...but I was up against the barrier right at the front row of Wembley Stadium and couldn't move :(....BA was very good though.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid £90 each to see her in Edinburgh in 2012. [I bought three so overall it cost £270]
  • babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Including booking fee etc, I paid £165 to see the Reinvention tour in 2004. Brilliant seats and worth every penny. That was the closest she's come to doing a greatest hits tour and I haven't seen her since. If she plays the new Leeds arena next year I'll try and get tickets though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whilst people complain about the cost of concerts going up especially for mainstream artists you have to account the fact. Digital music has made singles completely non profitable. The 80's era of big production videos is not viable unless huge product endorsements are included to compensate costs. Album sales are at an all time low due to the digital era of free streaming, digital downloads of single tracks. The only revenue for music artists is touring.
    The demand for bigger, more theatrical and innovative concerts by the public create more cost, our world of health & safety, damage limitation send big production costs spiralling. West End theatre productions for premium seating is now hitting the £100 mark and they don't have to factor any transportation costs.
  • Jaded81Jaded81 Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid £150 10 years ago to be at the front. One of the most disappointing shows I've ever been to and ended a previous lifelong respect for her as a performer. A TOWIE star has more stage presence.

I saw Prince for a tenner last year and that was the best £10 I ever spent on a show.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaded81 wrote: »
    I paid £150 10 years ago to be at the front. One of the most disappointing shows I've ever been to and ended a previous lifelong respect for her as a performer. A TOWIE star has more stage presence.

I saw Prince for a tenner last year and that was the best £10 I ever spent on a show.

What tour was that? I think Madonna has great stage presence. I've enjoyed her every time I've seen her and it has only increased my respect for her as a performer. She puts
    so much effort into planning her shows and also the dancing she does every night. !0 years ago would have been the Reinvention Tour which even casual fans seem to love since it had the most hits of all her shows and also her best live vocals.

I saw Prince once years ago. I did not enjoy it all. He didn't play many songs I knew and everything had these really long guitar solos that went on and on. Plus his attitude was really arrogant. You would have to pay me to go see him again. I loved his music but as a performer he was a big turn off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    What tour was that? I think Madonna has great stage presence. I've enjoyed her every time I've seen her and it has only increased my respect for her as a performer. She puts
    so much effort into planning her shows and also the dancing she does every night. !0 years ago would have been the Reinvention Tour which even casual fans seem to love since it had the most hits of all her shows and also her best live vocals.

I saw Prince once years ago. I did not enjoy it all. He didn't play many songs I knew and everything had these really long guitar solos that went on and on. Plus his attitude was really arrogant. You would have to pay me to go see him again. I loved his music but as a performer he was a big turn off.

That's the thing though some people prefer the whole choreographed stage spectacular show with some or all miming, and others prefer to watch and listen to a real musician.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the thing though some people prefer the whole choreographed stage spectacular show with some or all miming, and others prefer to watch and listen to a real musician.

I agree with your quote until you put the real musician comment in.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician
    A musician (or instrumentalist) is a person who plays a musical instrument or is musically talented, or one who composes, conducts, or performs music.

Prior to Madonna becoming a solo artist she was a drummer in two bands, She has also learned to play guitar. So I think that qualifies her as a musician, you may not like her music or think she is a good musician but she is a real musician.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madiain28 wrote: »
    I agree with your quote until you put the real musician comment in.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician
    A musician (or instrumentalist) is a person who plays a musical instrument or is musically talented, or one who composes, conducts, or performs music.

Prior to Madonna becoming a solo artist she was a drummer in two bands, She has also learned to play guitar. So I think that qualifies her as a musician, you may not like her music or think she is a good musician but she is a real musician.

It was aimed in a live show sense...Madonna maybe a musician, but the show/spectacular takes away from the craft, even Prince's lovesexy show though it was a great spectacle the craft was lost in it...a stripped down set with just the artist and band. Some like one or the other and some like both, personally I prefer the stripped down set, so nothing distracts from the skills of the artist and band...and more importantly no miming, which is my pet hate if you are doing a live show...may as well just listen to the album.

I don't mind Madonna, have seen her twice live, one good and one bad show...though I wouldn't go and see her now, I do think she is probably one artist if you ever get the chance to see live then you should, like her music or not....lets face it I think everybody will like at least one of her songs, even if they wouldn't admit it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think that's the difference necessarily. To me there are two different types of performing, one a standard rock show with just a band and instruments and the more theatrical type of show Madonna does. I can enjoy both. I don't think it's right to necessarily say one is superior to the other. I enjoy a lot of more standard rock performances, but I just didn't enjoy Prince. It mostly had to do with his attitude. One of my other favourite performers besides Madonna is Tori Amos who just plays the piano and sings. Also, one of the best concerts I've ever been to was a PJ Harvey gig. Another standard rock performer. Both standard rock gigs and theatrical gigs can be either good or bad based on the performer and how they approach it.
    I don't think it's fair to see Madonna is not a "real" musician, whatever that is. Yes, there's some miming but not as much as a lot of people think. She does do acoustic songs and ballads where her vocals are 100% live. People dismiss choreography but dancing is as much a talent and a valid art form as singing and playing an instrument. Madonna's shows are a combination of a pop/rock gig, a theatre/Broadway show and a modern dance performance. That is how she chooses to present her music, which is her right to do it that way. I don't see why she should be required to do a standard stripped down rock gig to be considered "real". People perform the way they feel comfortable with. I don't demand that Tori do a Madonna like show with dancing. I accept every performer the way they want to perform and judge them on whether they do what they want well and most importantly if they love what they do and show the audience some kind of warmth and give their all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was aimed in a live show sense...Madonna maybe a musician, but the show/spectacular takes away from the craft, even Prince's lovesexy show though it was a great spectacle the craft was lost in it...a stripped down set with just the artist and band. Some like one or the other and some like both, personally I prefer the stripped down set, so nothing distracts from the skills of the artist and band...and more importantly no miming, which is my pet hate if you are doing a live show...may as well just listen to the album.

Yes, but some people might say a striped down show where people just sing and play instruments and do the songs like they were recorded is the same as listening to the album at home. I don't think creating a spectacle necessarily takes away from the craft of the music. Theatre and spectacle actually if done well can enhance the music. It can bring the songs to life and tell the stories behind the songs. Look at Broadway musicals. Does the spectacle take away from the fact that Broadway actors and actresses are talented singers, actors and dancers? No one ever says that. But they say that with pop musicians. I don't see the difference. Going to a concert is a lot of times a visual experience as much as just the music. Again some people might say just performing the songs no matter how good, Is just like listening to the album. Some people want to see the songs in a new way.
    The 10 thing must have been unusual for Prince. He doesn't always or even most of the time do gigs that are that cheap. When I saw Prince and this was years ago, his shows were quite expensive, around 100 US dollars. If you're traveling and playing in larger venues it would be impossible to make tickets that cheap, plus you have to pay the other band members and for costumes etc. Most of the time when Prince tours his tickets are far from cheap. Maybe he ocassionally does surprise performances with cheap tickets but certainly not all the time. So the fact someone said Prince charges 10 compared to Madonna's high prices is a bit misleading.