Options

do you have breakfast?

mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
Forum Member
Never use to bother with it really until the last year, now I have it most days.

Comments

• Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Very rarely
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I make pancakes usually, served with a large dollop of greek yogurt and sliced banana.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i do
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    No! It's takes at least 2 hours for my stomach to wake up after I get up and I'm out of the house by then. If I force stuff in, it's very likely to come back out again!
  • Options
    CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wind-up meal. never have it
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is the most important meal of the day everybody should have it
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do, weekdays it's a 4-egg omelette, toast and a bucket of coffee. Today, with it being a home match, it was the customary full-English at a local greasy spoon with mates.
  • Options
    CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    makes me late for work

so get up earlier then

it wont be ready
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've started having breakfast in the last couple of years

I usually go out early and get a fresh bread roll from the shops.......cheesy, soft white, wholemeal, granary, ciabatta, bagel, crusty, honey, sesame seed, lots of choice.

Sometimes have it with a bit of meat or fish........or just the bread roll
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oats at 6.30
    Almonds at 7.30
    Banana at 8
    Flapjack at 9
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really not a breakfast person but I force myself to have a slice of toast or something quick before going to work. I don't like it but it keeps me going for a few hours.

The only time I enjoy breakfast is when I'm on holiday and I can have an unhealthy fry-up at a more civilised time in the morning.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every day - either toast or a bowl of porridge, with coffee, between 6.30 - 7.00 am.
  • Options
    terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slice of toast as I have to eat something with my heart medication.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Oats at 6.30
    Almonds at 7.30
    Banana at 8
    Flapjack at 9

...and major farting by noon! :D
  • Options
    unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Oddly when I started eating breakfast I put on weight, I never used to eat it, maybe a cup of coffee or something.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My box of Tesco honey nut cornflakes says "breakfast is said to be one of the most important meals of the day".

How wishy-washy a statement is that?

Firstly, rightly or wrongly breakfast isn't said to be one of the most important meals of the day, it's said to be the most important meal of the day.

Secondly, it's not like there's loads of meals per day, so saying it's one of the most important meals of the days is a bit like saying Barry Chuckle is one of the most important Chuckle Brothers.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and major farting by noon! :D

Nope, big tuna or chicken salad at noon. :p
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    i think its overrated. i eat a banana for breakfast. but tea time is when i eat a full meal. dont eat much till then. a lot of people cant manage eating a meal sized amount of food 3 times in one day
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cup of tea and a **** :cool:
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I have brekkie anytime between 7am - midday, depending on when I'm hungry.

I'll either have granola, Kelloggs Cornflakes or All Bran and ice cold semi-skimmed milk, or two slices of toasted wholegrain with Flora Pro-Activ and a cup of tea.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Yes I do, weekdays it's a 4-egg omelette, toast and a bucket of coffee. Today, with it being a home match, it was the customary full-English at a local greasy spoon with mates.

You got no fans..
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porridge oats, milled linseed, chia or hemp seeds, prunes or raisins, honey and almond or hazelnut milk. Cinnamon & nutmeg to flavour. In a polar bowl to take to work. Takes me half the morning to eat it :D

But it's most of my day's fibre requirements in one meal and a fair whack of protein. Keeps me going all day....
  • Options
    darren221980darren221980 Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    i never used to bother apart from on weekends when i'd have a fry up or cereal. For the last month or so i've been having a Banana, Oats and milk smoothie, takes 5 mins to make max. Sometimes add handful of almonds or walnuts to it as well.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    usually just four slice of toast and tea, sometimes some massive sammiches of square sausage, egg and potato scones ..... maybe some black pudding too :D

AND

have some cheese slices and tomato as well
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I have a bowl of cereal every morning without fail, but I don't usually eat much more than that.
    I wouldn't be able to function without my morning cereal. How do people cope without eating something for breakfast?