Ben on Celebrity Come Dine With Me! (Merged)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And he came last.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The video in the link is "only" 48 minutes long!

A clue would be er...useful.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    babycakes wrote: »
    If I recall, he (well Raef) was highly praised for roasted vegetables, straight from Waitrose pre packed ;-) I adore Ben but somehow think the CDWM meal was successful more by luck than judgement.

More than anything, this simply draws into question the authenticity of CDWM rather than anything else.

When you actually look, objectively, at that episode of CDWM all you ever see is Raef and Ben mincing about it the kitchen.
    You don't actually see EITHER of them actually preparing any of the food.

It seems far more likely to me that Raef got the CDWM gig and then just got Ben involved to get his face on the TV as part of the whole "old boys network" thing they have going on.

*EDIT*
    FWIW, Raef was the first host on that show so you just need to watch the first 10 minutes or so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    Ben is friends with Raef from the Apprentice... why doesn't this surprise me at all?

LOL... lots in common - similar love of bouffant hairstyles, for a start....

And dont forget, both gorgeous! :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Romola wrote: »
    ..... and you will see that he did virtually all the cooking.

So why isn't he doing any in the house? :rolleyes:

just a thought but people who do the cooking and cleaning in big brother are pretty boring to watch

people yakking back to the tot...priceless
  • missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    The fact that our Ben & the lovely Raef are friends comes as no surprise whatsoever.

They are both class. Well mannered, charismatic, gentlemen.

Raef should have won the apprentice & Ben should win this yrs BB.

Unfortunately theres quite a bit of inverted snobbery against posh boys, so things dont always go as they should.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    The fact that our Ben & the lovely Raef are friends comes as no surprise whatsoever.

Unfortunately theres quite a bit of inverted snobbery against posh boys, so things dont always go as they should.

This 100%
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think he is a charmer but not charismatic, hardly well mannered and definitely not a gentleman with the way he has treated people in the house and been divisive to others.

People react to what they see. I liked Rafe on the apprentice. I thought he was a nice guy. Ben's ghastly with his treatment of other poeple. It's been atrocious.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

If either of them showed even the remotest vestige of qualities such as loyalty, honesty, humility, integrity or initiative I'm sure people would think differently.

As it is, they're both foppish layabouts and people will treat them as such.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    On celebrity come dine with me. Apologies if it's been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VbDbwnix0&playnext_from=TL&videos=vcxkzHHk6rk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davidtaste wrote: »
    On celebrity come dine with me. Apologies if it's been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2VbDbwnix0&playnext_from=TL&videos=vcxkzHHk6rk

It has.