When did you go off Lady Gaga?

SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
Forum Member
✭✭
We all know Lady Gaga's best days are now long behind her so this begs the question....

At what point did you personally get fed up of her? or me it was around the time of Christina's Bionic release. Gaga's best friend at the time, Perez Hilton ran a vendetta against Christina and used Gaga's name throughout the whole thing while Gaga being the hypocrite she is, sat back and did nothing. So much for her being anti bullying..

Comments

• Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it purely comes down to the music. I know that some people have all these issues with her with things she said or done or her supposed feuds with other artists. Or they think she goes overboard with her some of her more extreme looks. None of that bothers me too much. I loved Born This Way. I played that album to death. But then when Artpop came out, I really didn't like it. It just seemed there weren't songs anymore, just a lot of banging and everything had this weird structure with too many ideas thrown together. And I really have no interest in the jazz duets she does with Tony Bennett. Jazz is not my thing, I tend to be more into contemporary pop, rock or electronic music. I think because the music stopped being good people focuses more on the feuds and her outfits, whereas before they would overlook those things or not be as bothered by them.
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked the fame monster, just as a casual listener, I'm far from a "little monster". Born this way was alright but the weird attention seeking during that era just completely put me off.
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like her music, but I don't think anything will ever beat The Fame album. I'd love her to go back to that style of music.
  • pinkprintpinkprint Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    never. she is superb and a true talent who blows most of the other female artists out of the window.
    im sure everyone wants her to release another 'fame', but its not going to happen. the more people tell her to do that the less likely she will.
    anything she releases is fabulous to me anyway.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    agreed still love her

she just released the wrong songs and promoted songs poorly

artpop
    sexx dreams
    applause

are excellent tracks and this should have been the order of songs released

other great experimental tracks are: aura; mary j holland; swine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After Alejandro. I loved The first The Fame album but then when she released The Fame Monster, I only really liked Bad Romance and Alejandro (Bad Romance being my personal favourite of hers) after that, I wasn't a fan of anything else she has put out.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Born This Way album campaign is where she started to blow it for me. Judas and Edge were good songs; and BTW wasn't a bad collection of tracks, but boy oh boy did she mess up what she chose to release as singles and in what order. If she'd released Edge as the lead that could have carried the whole campaign even if every other single flopped.

ARTPOP album campaign also being a mess and her seeming to have not learned from the mistakes of the last album campaign also wasn't a great step. Again, Applause being the lead single was an absolutely stupid idea. When what she needed more than anything was to diversify and pick up casual fans again to remedy what she lost with BTW, she releases a self-indulgent electro mess spearheaded with a song about her own ego and how everything she does is so that people will applaud her? Not a great career move in my humble opinion.

I'm not completely off her because I think she's talented (a good dancer, a good voice, and she can play the piano with her feet let's not forget) but an absolutely horrendous businesswoman and promoter.
  • Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I only really liked her first album and a couple of songs from the second one, but I was never a huge fan in the first place.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    During the release of Born This Way (the single).
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was when Born This Way was released and she was acting like some inspirational figure. For me, Bad Romance and Telephone before then were her best songs.
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was she thinking release Applause as the last albums lead single when she had Gypsy?
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her promotion of BTW put me off a bit but I still loved some of the songs on it Hair, Marry the night etc. But then in the run up to ArtPop she seemed to get worse and the only single I've liked is Do Want You Want
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im still a fan her 1st album is by far my favorite

I still like her and really enjoy her concerts
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I loved The Fame. I think it's an excellent pop album. I remember nearly everyone at college owning a copy, but that wasn't the reason I bought it :p Monster was good too. She was just putting out good pop music back in 2009/10. I liked Born This Way but it was a bit of a messy album and maybe a bit pretentious. I think the ARTPOP era made me go off her a bit as she came across as pretentious and the album isn't even all that good. I only listen to a couple of songs from it. It was way overhyped. I'm not a jazz fan but I must admit I liked Cheek to Cheek. It's nice to hear her natural singing voice without the autotune and her image is a lot nicer too. She's a really good singer and I really wish she'd stick to jazz/acoustic music in the future.

What I'd love to see in the future is more of her singing and playing the piano and less of the gimmicks and certainly no more meat dresses or vomiting on stage and calling it "art" :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Never , the talent and the voice are still there in fact her voice is stronger than ever.

Imo she is the best pop star out of the entire crop of current stars and why her success has dwindled puzzles me when she is up against some of the most blandand forgettable singers possible, taylor swift anyone?

Her back catalogue is amazing and seeing her live is an incredible experience and I also believe all of her material is strong but bad management and poor decsicions some of which her own have led to where she is now.

I do belive she will have a huge comeback whether she releases new music this year or next, I think most people and radio stations are willing to give a lady GaGa lead single a chance and if she gets it right she could have an amazing era.

I believe cheek to cheek is her recharging her batteries.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexii-Mae wrote: »
    After Alejandro. I loved The first The Fame album but then when she released The Fame Monster, I only really liked Bad Romance and Alejandro (Bad Romance being my personal favourite of hers) after that, I wasn't a fan of anything else she has put out.
    ^This^ basically. After a peerless initial run of singles, it was "Telephone" which made me think LG was more concerned with making newsworthy videos rather than making fantastic pop tracks, and that seems to have been the story ever since... she's clearly very talented, pretty much certainly more so than any of her nominal peers (though I was disappointed with the Tony Bennett collaboration, which I think showed up the flaws in her voice too much), and I love her general atttude, but she believes too much of her own hype, and needs to get back to basics with more superior dance pop...
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That first 20 or so seconds of Born this way (the very first part of that era no less) was amazing. Then when the beat kicked in and ever since I've just thought she was shit.

I wouldn't say her best days are behind her (certainly don't think she'll reach that level of fame and mass hysteria again) but I think she can create great music again.

Saying that, I'll believe it when I hear it.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never really into her although I enjoyed many of her songs. I think I went off her around the time Born This Way was released. She seemed more obviously deluded at this time than before and the album wasn't good enough to make up for it. She has become more and more pretentious and unbearable since and the music has (in my opinion) got worse at the same time.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judas. For many reasons
  • playboy69playboy69 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    When the Paparazzi video/MTV performance happened and the real pretentiousness started. Couldn't stand her ever since.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I've still not forgiven her for playing a measly three UK dates on her Born This Way tour - two of which were at a completely ridiculous venue :(. Especially considering she played around 20 dates in Australia >:(.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't really a fan but went to see The Monster's Ball in....Rotterdam I think it was. By about 20 minutes in I was completely sold on her - her voice was absolutely ****ing formidable that night and her performance outstanding. Then about 3/4s of the way through the show she took about 10 minutes to talk a load of bollocks about how Jesus loves us all. A. Even if he existed, which he never did, he doesn't 'love us all' B. I don't want Jesus to love me anyway, what if I'm of some other faith or no faith at all. Yeah, its her right to say what she wants at her show, but come on, piss off love.

Nevertheless, I checked out Born This Way. It was shit. So I was pretty much done with her.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judas was the first song that she released that I didn't like. Then she released Edge of Glory, which I was obsessed with for months before it was released. But the final nail in the coffin was when she released You and I... didn't like that at all. Haven't liked anything she's released since then!
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Judas was the first song that she released that I didn't like. Then she released Edge of Glory, which I was obsessed with for months before it was released. But the final nail in the coffin was when she released You and I... didn't like that at all. Haven't liked anything she's released since then!

I have absolutely NO IDEA why she released You + I. Born This Way had so many more single worthy tracks. You + I would have been way down my list of potential hits. Hair was the definite standout for me. (The album version, not the wishy washy version she played on the telly)

As much as I loved the album, that whole album campaign is slightly tainted by the absolutely ABYSMAL artwork. I can think of nothing good to say about that whatsoever! All the single covers and the album cover were just cheap, nasty and embarrassing IMO.