Save Echo Beach!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
You may or may not watch it!

You may or may not love it!

You may have not seen it or even care for it!

BUT ITV are yet to make a decision if Echo Beach is returning for a second series. There are rumours that Moving Wallpaper might return but NOT Echo Beach.
Please sign this petition to get ITV to agree to another series!!

Here's the Link....http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveEchoBeach/

Thank you!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    er no thanks it's sh1te.

Make MW longer with excerpts from EB - that'd work.
  • truthspeaker456truthspeaker456 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Its the best show on TV I hope it has another series!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Save Echo Beach"

....Erm, no thanks. :D
  • tvrusstvruss Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Its the best show on TV I hope it has another series!

Er define best
    this is pure tripe that even would be embarassing on childrens tv please Mr Grade axe it now!!!!
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    It will be back - only in a weekday afternoon/early evening slot where it belongs.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    If MW gets a recommission, I imagine they'll fold EB into it and go the more traditional "show within a show" format a.k.a. Larry Sanders and Studio 60, rather than "show beside a show"

Aside from being blindingly obviously plotted (who didn't know Suzy Amy was Hugo Speer's 'bit on the side' from the minute Martine confided in her?), Echo Beach is only there to trot out the in-jokes and gimmicks referred to in the MW storylines. And yet last week the biggest 'in joke' came in Moving Wallpaper itself when Gwyneth/Ivy was simply referred to as 'Mrs McCluskey'.

As a broad, slightly satirical comedy about the writing of a rubbish soap, we don't actually need to see the rubbish soap itself in order to get the joke - Moving Wallpaper could survive well enough by itself.

Of course any soap satire is going to be overshadowed by the 'Acorn Antiques' sketches, and the legend that is 'Soap' itself. ;)
  • Know Your NurksKnow Your Nurks Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    It will be back - only in a weekday afternoon/early evening slot where it belongs.

I disagree, I think Echo Beach would be far better tucked away on ITV2, with Moving Wallpaper on ITV1. Both can still run post watershed, and Echo Beach's ratings could well look a lot healthier on ITV2 then it does on ITV1!

And I say that as a fan of the show
  • cussywoocussywoo Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think both were given a totally inappropriate time slot, would have been so much more sucessfull if it had stayed at the 9pm thursday slot IMO
  • sgt.cryersgt.cryer Posts: 3,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cussywoo wrote: »
    I think both were given a totally inappropriate time slot, would have been so much more sucessfull if it had stayed at the 9pm thursday slot IMO

I agree!
  • kenny brockellykenny brockelly Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the first and last time that Echo Beach will be mentioned in the same breath as Larry Sanders.
  • AcornAntiqueAcornAntique Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 'soap within a soap' was Meadowcroft Park on Brookie.

So if anything, bring back Meddie Park, now!
  • Dev AlahanDev Alahan Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    Aside from being blindingly obviously plotted (who didn't know Suzy Amy was Hugo Speer's 'bit on the side' from the minute Martine confided in her?)

Oh. :o
  • Know Your NurksKnow Your Nurks Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dev Alahan wrote: »
    Oh. :o

It's ok - you weren't alone in not spotting it.......but don't admit to it - the others might laugh at us!!:o
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    I'm going to miss it, I wish they would do a new series. Especially Moving Wallpaper.
  • xmastellyxmastelly Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree, I think Echo Beach would be far better tucked away on ITV2, with Moving Wallpaper on ITV1. Both can still run post watershed, and Echo Beach's ratings could well look a lot healthier on ITV2 then it does on ITV1!

And I say that as a fan of the show

i saw on wikepida that it was intened to go on itv2 not itv1, thats probs why it didn't work on itv1 as it was orignaily made with itv2 audiences in mind, as these satilete shows do look alot cheper and wouldn't look right on the normal 5 channels so thats probs the only reason it was a flop, it would do well on itv2 tho!

i've pre-orderd EB dvd, can't wait till it comes it was a brill show!
  • xmastellyxmastelly Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :DSigned!

love the show, can't wait 4 the dvd to come!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving Wallpaper has been recommissioned and Echo Beach will return although not in the form its currently in. Take from that what you will ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's alright, beats the BBC on a Friday night recently.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let it die a death!

It was a good concept, but it didn't work.

Moving Wallpaper was slightly better, but both were poor IMHO

Could never work out whether Echo Beach was meant to be intentionally bad, or just came across that way.

Wonder how Martine and Jason feel about not being recommissioned?

Maybe they can 'pop in' more often behind the scenes so that they can be in Moving Wallpapper more?
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Press Office
    We sincerley hope that ITV will renew Echo Beach and perhaps continue to give it a key primetime slot on the ITV network, perhaps against repeats of Traffic Cops or One Foot In the Grave. Ohhh, go on...pleeeeease
  • AcornAntiqueAcornAntique Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The M&S ad seaside ad with Twiggy, Erin, Klass n co. is much more entertaining than EB!

To replace EB, how about casting Erin O'Connor as the lead in in 'Crossroads 4: The Return of Meg Richardson' with Twiggy as Amie Turtle? Probably better than Gabriella Drake or Jane Asher.
  • Mr NMr N Posts: 2,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No1mam wrote: »
    You may not watch it!

You may not love it!

You may have not seen it or even care for it!

BUT ITV are yet to make a decision if Echo Beach is returning for a second series.

Great :D