Girl, 16, Killed By Train As She Saves Dog

chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
A 16-year-old girl has died after she was hit by a train while trying to retrieve her dog from the tracks.

Found this story really sad. I'm just assuming the dog was hers, even if it wasn't, what a selfless and heartfelt thing to do considering it could have (and did :() get her killed :(

RIP lovely x x

Source: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Natasha-Elliott-Train-Death-Teenager-Hit-On-Tracks-Outside-Morley-Station-Leeds-says-BTP/Article/201005315633763?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_4&lid=ARTICLE_15633763_Natasha_Elliott_Train_Death%3A_Teenager_Hit_On_Tracks_Outside_Morley_Station%2C_Leeds%2C_says_BTP___

And here's the facebook remembrance group.

Comments

• MagicMonkeyMagicMonkey Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( Rip
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    R.i.p.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor girl, that page on Facebook is very popular.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    The dog survived.

There's a lesson there somewhere.
  • KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a very sad, and completely unnecessary death.
  • The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    o0fluke0o wrote: »
    The dog survived.

There's a lesson there somewhere.

It's like these people who jump into fast flowing rivers to rescue their dogs. Dogs manage to get out but their owners aren't that lucky.

I can understand if your pet is on the tracks, your first reaction is to go save them, but it's too dangerous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    The Geek wrote: »
    It's like these people who jump into fast flowing rivers to rescue their dogs. Dogs manage to get out but their owners aren't that lucky.

I can understand if your pet is on the tracks, your first reaction is to go save them, but it's too dangerous.

In some weird way its like saving your kids tho - would have done the same thing myself i think - would sound really bad to a non pet owner tho!
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Oh same here :eek: I'd definitely at least give it a go..which is probably what she thought too :(

But yeah, some people might not get that I guess.