David Tennant & Billie Piper confirmed for the 50th Anniversary episode.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! :D Really happy that David's coming back, but not so sure about Rose. I thought her story had ben well wrapped-up, but I'm guessing that she fits in somhow (probably a pre-Doomsday version). Still, it would be a shame if there weren't any other previous Doctors, especially Mcgann or Chistopher Eccleston, who only had a short run. I know that apparently Eccleston isn't returning, but I still have hope! :(

Also, I'm pretty sure it won't be parallel Earth Doctor, as someone else said, it would be a needless complication and people want to see the real Doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    This is the only place where I see 10th Doctor/Rose hate, the rest of the internet seems pretty chuffed, as am I.

:p
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the whole I am happy, my only reservations is i never really liked Rose and Ten as a duo for the most parts (though ironically i loved their scene in The End of Time).

Re: the comment up thread claiming that Smith will somehow be overshadowed by Tennant. I remember the exact same claims being made with regard to Tate when Piper's return was announced. Didn't happen then, see no reason why it need happen now. Surely the whole point of the 50th will be to be an ensemble piece.
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best duo ever! This is great news!
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Good news but I hope there's more to come though.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy with this, but I'm hoping for at least one of Docs 4-8 to return too.:) Especially McGann, who deserves a second onscreen appearance as 8.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten returning is fair enough, but why Rose? Awful character (imo). If Ten has to have a companion is this episode, why not Martha, Jack or Donna?

So if other Doctors return (I'll be most annoyed if Ten is the only one who is returning) will they too be joined by a companion?

If Eight returns, will we also see Grace?

If Seven returns, will we also see Ace?

If Six returns, will we also Peri?

If Five returns, will we also see Tegan?

If Four returns, will we also see Romana?

If technical wizardry is used to bring back Three, Two and One will we also see Jo, Jamie and Susan?
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would rather Eccleston came back to be honest. If the only past Doctor is going to be Tennant, then I will be disapointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten returning is fair enough, but why Rose? Awful character (imo).

Regardless of personal opinion, she clearly is a massively popular character, tbf.....
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has happened to Billie's face.She looks nothing like the original Rose we loved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Apparently, Subscriber copies of Doctor Who Magazine have been sent out early due to the Easter weekend. But I'm a subscriber and I haven't got mine yet!

Is there post on a saturday afternoon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    What has happened to Billie's face.She looks nothing like the original Rose we loved.

But that's a picture from The Girl in the Fireplace! Look at her t-shirt
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    So my fears of what will happen to this forum if Tennant returns are already starting to come true, why did they have to pick today to announce this. (I know it's an excellent promotional tactic but I want to enjoy/discuss the new episode without having to read Ten vs Eleven wars as well.)

I like Tennant, although his fans make it very hard sometimes, but this will not make enjoy the special more, all it will do is make fans 10x more annoying and mean Matt gets ignored, not by Moffat of course I trust him, but in the promotion and the press.

Don't get me long Ten was a great Doctor, when he had good writing, but I just can't get excited about this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'd like to know more before i comment on the potential quality of the episode just based on them returning and the marvelous John Hurt being in it. But theoretically i could see it working from a perspective of the parallel world.
    This is obviously just speculation but imagine if you will Clara dies in the finale leading into The Doctor yet again searching for another version of her only for the TARDIS to take him to the last place he'd expect, the parallel world.
    Obviously he is aware he has a doppelganger of a previous incarnation in this reality as well as former companion in Rose and seeks their help in finding Clara again.
    The potential is there for a good story but even as writing it does lack the gravitas i would expect from an anniversary i suppose.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    craggers wrote: »

Sq..sq.s.......sq.......sq.squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billie Piper <3 Very happy.
  • paul15paul15 Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    "IF" this is true ,I for one will be a happy bunny. It amazes me that people call for a multi Doctor special, then knock it when / if it is true.
    A programme I have loved for more years than I care to remember is 50 years old. I for one will raise a glass on the 23rd of November, whoever is or isn't in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Sq..sq.s.......sq.......sq.squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Now what is the chance that he could be appearing in tonights ep?.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    DWM also says the anniversary episode will be 60 minutes in length, FWIW.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Dan06 wrote: »
    But....the fact that he's with Rose.... is it going to be the human "Journey's End" Doctor lookalike....
    I think it will be.
    fallucas wrote: »
    I'd like to know more before i comment on the potential quality of the episode just based on them returning and the marvelous John Hurt being in it. But theoretically i could see it working from a perspective of the parallel world.
    This is obviously just speculation but imagine if you will Clara dies in the finale leading into The Doctor yet again searching for another version of her only for the TARDIS to take him to the last place he'd expect, the parallel world.
    Obviously he is aware he has a doppelganger of a previous incarnation in this reality as well as former companion in Rose and seeks their help in finding Clara again.
    The potential is there for a good story but even as writing it does lack the gravitas i would expect from an anniversary i suppose.

Moffat has already stated we'll know all about clara by the end of this run of episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why did they have to pick today to announce this..

they didn't pick it, some people got dwm early because of the easter post
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    craggers wrote: »

Is that not a picture from The Runaway Bride? :)

All the same, I'm happy enough about the news. I would have loved to have seen Tennant and Tate reunited, then Eccleston and Piper....they're my favourite pairings. But good news all the same :)

And John Hurt! Equally impressive news :D