Sony Xperia Z1

Comments

• Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying my absolute hardest to sell my Xperia™Z to get this in 15 days time. Anyone want it for £375 ono PM me please ;) only had it 45 days so it's pretty much new!! Don't want it now that it's getting upgraded.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what the charging options are on this phone? It's got micro usb but thats covered by a flap which is surely going to get annoying plugging it in ever night and eventually break. Does it have wireless charging? or any other options cant seem to find out much info on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    jwarburton wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the charging options are on this phone? It's got micro usb but thats covered by a flap which is surely going to get annoying plugging it in ever night and eventually break. Does it have wireless charging? or any other options cant seem to find out much info on it.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/accessories/magnetic-charging-dock-dk31/
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm considering this phone but waiting to see what Apple announce as I need to upgrade to a 4G phone currently got the iPhone 5 and it hasn't been the most reliable even though I love Apple products.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this phone is more suited to camera lovers.
    Think I'm gonna choose between the htc one/note 3
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Those are genuinely intriguing products. They can be positioned in places that you'd never normally be able to place a camera, lots of possibilities.

One catch. No flash :(
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I'm liking the look of this phone, looks like a great camera, and of course will integrate well with the PS4 come November, going to wait to see what happens tomorrow with Apple, then make my choice.

The 16gb on board ram is a bit worrying though, but at least it has a SD slot to expand memory.

As a plus if you pre-order from T-Mobile, they're giving you the 'Smart Watch" for free
    and if you pre order from CPW you get the additional lens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking the look of this phone, looks like a great camera, and of course will integrate well with the PS4 come November, going to wait to see what happens tomorrow with Apple, then make my choice.

The 16gb on board ram is a bit worrying though, but at least it has a SD slot to expand memory.

As a plus if you pre-order from T-Mobile, they're giving you the 'Smart Watch" for free
    and if you pre order from CPW you get the additional lens.

Phones4u are giving you a free smart watch or half price tablet z and free content plus if you take a 4G contract they will throw in a wireless speaker thing for free only thing is you have to take a contract and not buy out right which is what I wanted to do but like you I'm waiting on Apple :)
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My SF ZTE Blade has 150MB of storage, bar the SD slot.

No worries there.
    Forum Member
    ^^^ True but I'm guessing these photos are going to be hugh so not sure how much Ram it's going to need to throw these around, it does a 60 shot continuous, 30 before the shutter is even clicked!!
    Forum Member
    So I really liking this phone, love the camera attachment (it will work on any smart phone) unfortunately T-Mobile are only giving the watch away with a pre-order.

So a couple of questions I've read lots of posts on the forums about the Z ruining memory cards has this been sorted on the Z?

How have people found Sony Bridge on the Mac, the video looks really good and it seems to ease the pain of going from iOS to Android, but again there's lots of posts about it crashing etc on MACs.

I've already synced iCal with google calendar, and got myself "drive" etc so basically ready to go on Android, should the iPhone 5s be totally underwhelming.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really want this phone so much but can't seem to shift my Xperia Z. I'd throw it in the bath but it's effing waterproof ;) guess ill have a phone that I'll detest come next Friday.

Anyone still use old devices btw that are around 23+
  • sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Looking very much like this will be my upgrade
    Forum Member
    Yep, I'm thinking Z1, but when I popped into EE they had no prices, no contract info (even though it's posted on the T-Mobile site), and couldn't give me a solid release date, but are willing to take a pre-order!!

Carphone Warehouse were better, at least they had a dummy model on display, but again no real contract info and no set release date, I knew more than them from trawling the web! Problem is they don't do a T-Mobile contract for the Z1.

It seems a shame that with aprox a week to release 16th or 20th has been mentioned, contract details and decent reviews are still not out. Very reluctant to pre-order until I've seen some decent reviews and had my questions on "Bridge" and various other little niggles the Z had answered. Plus I don't want the stupid watch which T-Mobile are giving away so no real incentive to pre-order.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phones4u are giving you a free smart watch or half price tablet z and free content plus if you take a 4G contract they will throw in a wireless speaker thing for free only thing is you have to take a contract and not buy out right which is what I wanted to do but like you I'm waiting on Apple :)
    also, go through topcashback for £101 cashback when pre-ordering on a 4G contract...
    not bad
  • daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got mine for £543 from very after 10% off with a free smartphone watch which is better than £550 at cpw. Still tempted to do the EE swap thing for £129.99 + 9.99 for the phone but it means signing a brand new contract and I am nearly a year through mine so that's a big put off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daleski75 wrote: »
    Got mine for £543 from very after 10% off with a free smartphone watch which is better than £550 at cpw. Still tempted to do the EE swap thing for £129.99 + 9.99 for the phone but it means signing a brand new contract and I am nearly a year through mine so that's a big put off.

You can buy it from Mobile Phones Direct website for £509.99 if you go through topcashback you get £5.25 of that back (I know not a lot but better than nothing) :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can buy it from Mobile Phones Direct website for £509.99 if you go through topcashback you get £5.25 of that back (I know not a lot but better than nothing) :)

Mobiles Phones Direct returns policy seems a bit iffy. How you supposed to return it if you can't even open it up and have a play and see if you like it or not? Doesn't make any sense to me if you can't even try the phone out!
    We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase from Mobile Phones Direct and you can return your order for a refund or exchange within 7 days from the date of delivery. We are only able to offer this guarantee on the basis that the goods being returned are as new, unused, with protective film still applied to the display, and complete with un-damaged manufacturer's box and inner packaging. It is important that you do not insert a SIM card into the phone as this creates user's settings that will personalise the phone to you and your network.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    But that's the typical Sony experience. For the first few months you get upgrades and fixes at a reasonable pace. Then their attention switches to the next big thing and you'll find yourself waiting months and months to even hear about whether the handset is to be upgraded/ bugs fixed. Let alone receive the new firmware.

It's happened time and time again. I don't see why the Z should fare any better.

This, why anyone would be interested in a Sony phone is beyond me. Get one and see.

I even saw a YouTube video not long ago, think it was a Xperia z, it showed someone plugging into a pc to update the software(really? You can't update via the phone like every other phone does?) and it showed an error message saying cannot update this phone. Lol
    Forum Member
    Xperia T had OTA updates, so i suspect the youtube video was purposely using a pc connection

the T is great so will be looking at the Z1 for sure
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    This, why anyone would be interested in a Sony phone is beyond me. Get one and see.

I even saw a YouTube video not long ago, think it was a Xperia z, it showed someone plugging into a pc to update the software(really? You can't update via the phone like every other phone does?) and it showed an error message saying cannot update this phone. Lol

For most non-techies this isn't a problem.

The ex has never bothered updating her Galaxy S3 Mini, as it does what she wants. Similar with her daughter and her Galaxy Ace - so what if its only on 2.3, she can take pictures, send messages and browse facebook.

They don't care about updates, only that it does what they want.
    Forum Member
    I find it very annoying that in this day and age, most phone shops don't have a usable demo model of the phones. I end up having a go on the sales assistants phone which is not ideal, and this only help if they have the phone which your interested in.

When I got my iPhone 4 I bought it on the back of the fact I'd just bought a iPod touch and loved the OS so thought why not get the phone too!

But I have so many questions about the Xperia Z1 I would actually like a play before committing to buying one. You wouldn't go into a TV shop and just buy a TV without first seeing the picture and having a fiddle, so why they think it's acceptable with phones I don't know, they cost virtually the same price. So your left with either Youtube or a friends phone. It's even harder when making the transition from iOs to Android etc.
    Forum Member
    Every Vodafone shop i have been in has working phones on display.
    Forum Member
    ^^ ok, yes it was a bit of a sweeping statement to say all, but in the last week I've been in EE and CPW and neither had working models. Had to have a look at the sales assistants S4 in CPW, and didn't look to hard in EE as I was only interested in the Z1 but they didn't have a Z for me to play with.