Skint- Channel 4 9PM

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    They seem to work harder ducking and diving and staying away from drugs and the police, than they probably would having a job
  • Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking exactly the same thing

Yeh I remember a school youth club when i was a kid but you hung around inside the youth club behaving not tearing around the streets outside - with the duty of care you have to have nowadays as well you would think they wouldn't want the kids on the roads where a car could knock them down.
    Forum Member
    He certainly has passed that chin on to his daughter and Granddaughter :D:D
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone close to me was a heroin addict and went through residential rehab. We are from Bolton and he went to a place in Sheffield. They advised him not to move back to Bolton afterwards, as it's too easy to fall back in with the same crowd ... so he never moved back.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a catch that Michaela has in that guy. If he doesn't like prison food, then don't do things that put you in prison. rolleyes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least he's doing the right thing at last and handing himself in.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the point of just giving him a curfew?? - he won't change his offending behaviour, because he is stuck with his addiction.. he needs some sort of rehabilitation order
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "In some ways I am" he says like some sort of anti hero.

rolleyes

Poor lass still has him in her life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being skint is hard, I don't know how others manage flat screen tvs and other luxerys. I can't afford to have heating on, at the moment I rely on food parcels from the food bank. I wish I was out of this mess
    Forum Member
    LOL i shall try that trick of spinning it to see if its boiled :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be my doesn't seem to care. Heartless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky, not be my. Stupid autocorrect!
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that lad stays off the drugs. His eyes look bright and he looks healthy.
    Forum Member
    Michaela always looks stoned out of her head
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »

I thought that - there was one moment earlier when she had make up on and spoke to camera about not being able to provide for her daughter it was like a different woman! She has looked dog rough and off her face the rest of the time - if he wants off the drugs he has no chance with her around as she looks like she has no intention!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame the old guy died. I've had pneumonia twice and it isn't nice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry about Becky's Dad - I have been lucky as a few years ago my Dad had the same op and luckily never had any complications, plus he was fortunate to have medical insurance and didn't have to have that long wait for an op with us and him knowing he was a ticking time bomb
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »

She probably is. Aren't they both addicted to weed?
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you can't get addicted to weed although you can become dependent on it which is similar but not the same
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think they are on something a lot more harmful than weed especially if they had their daughter taken off them
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becky's family seem okay to me. I do have sympathy for them.

However, the family (Cannot remember the name) that just spends its money on Fish etc its just ridiculous. Also as someone else said on this forum. I notice on some scenes you can see they have Flat Plasma Screens and Latest Model iPhones whilst claiming to be "Skint". Hardly cutting back for bare essentials till you find your feet.
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,219
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    However, the family (Cannot remember the name) that just spends its money on Fish etc its just ridiculous. Also as someone else said on this forum. I notice on some scenes you can see they have Flat Plasma Screens and Latest Model iPhones whilst claiming to be "Skint". Hardly cutting back for bare essentials till you find your feet.

They could be nicked?

I agree it seems ridiculous they can lavish affection on their fish but they could not apparently on their estranged daughter.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the last episode extremely sad, and not just because Becky's dad died. It was the hopelessness of some of the people. In that particular episode I couldn't hand on heart say there were any really bad people. I think if you are dealt a shitty hand in life then it could be an one of us. I grew up in Grimsby but worked hard and am now successful but I'm not kidding myself, I could just as easily ended up on a programme like this. Whoever earlier said these people need a lethal injection has absolutely no comprehension of what some people have to go through to survive each day. I'll leave it there as I don't want a ban.
    One thing I will say though, I would rather see the old boy who runs the Youth Centre get an OBE instead of James fnucking Corden.